• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT - Leafs @ Panthers | 7:30PM EST SNET

number17

Mod Squad
After another win over the Ontario rival, the Leafs get what is supposed to be an easy 2 points @ the ACC for tonight.

Supposed to - because the lowly Panthers have played us tough this season (and in past few seasons) ... in fact, when we played the Panthers in December, they embarrassed us 3-1. We did beat them 6-3 in Florida a couple weeks ago.

The Panthers are a TRULY sad team ... Boyes is their leading scorer and he is on pace to 40 points. That says it all.

Thomas is expected to get the start tonight for the Panthers, and he has a .911SV% this season.

Not sure whether Bernier or Reimer would get this start. I won't be surprised if Carlyle goes with Bernier again, with the team resting at home till next game on Thurs.

JVR has the flu, he's most likely out of tonight's game. Clarkson OTOH can return tonight.

Go Leafs Go!!!

Mclaren-smithson-orr 4th line with Bodie scratched; Randy up to his old tricks

Ugh.... that's a brutal 4th line. Why he even feels the need to dress one goon let alone two is beyond me, Bodie at least can play hockey and has some wheels to him.

I hope we play no more than 2 min of our 4th line tonight.

BUt why Carlyle continues to play goons who really can't handle the NHL on his 4th line is beyond me. Anytime he gets a few W's under his belt he goes back to his old habits.

I just hope Nonis gets him some goons who can actually play hockey in the summer ... no more McLaren and Orr please.

I hope we play no more than 2 min of our 4th line tonight.

BUt why Carlyle continues to play goons who really can't handle the NHL on his 4th line is beyond me. Anytime he gets a few W's under his belt he goes back to his old habits.

I just hope Nonis gets him some goons who can actually play hockey in the summer ... no more McLaren and Orr please.

I really think this is a clash of ideolgies between Nonis and Carlyle- Nonis seems to want a fast/aggressive offensive oriented team (similar to Ron Wilson) but Carlyle wants to play a structured 200 foot game that revolves around dump/chase heavy hitting forecheck (Like St Louis). Based on tonight's game lineup it looks like Randy wants to play it his way...

Back