PDA

View Full Version : OT - Forum Ice MLB Dynasty League: Team Opening, apply within

MindzEye
02-07-2014, 02:50 PM
We have an opening in our MLB dynasty league, and we're looking for a committed GM to fill it. It was a 10th place roster last season with a pretty sick rotation:

C - Suzuki
1B - Adam Lind, Mark Teixeira
2B - Brandon Phillips, Jew Lowrie
SS - Stephen Drew
LF - Matt Holiday, Ryan Ludwick
CF - Denard Span
RF - Nelson Cruz

SP - Ubaldo Jiminez
SP - Mark Buehrle
SP - Jon Lester
SP - Anibal Sanchez
SP - David Price

A pile of veteran relievers as well, with a decent prospect group. The draft is in 3 weeks, contact Axl or HP for more information on league fees, etc

Habspatrol
02-07-2014, 02:58 PM
10th out of 19... so not a bad team. With some TLC it can be a money team as soon as this year.

Leafin'
02-07-2014, 04:46 PM
League fees?

Im a rookie when it comes to fantasy.

MindzEye
02-07-2014, 05:19 PM
League fees?

Im a rookie when it comes to fantasy.

We run a dynasty league (where you keep the majority of your players from year to year, and also maintain a farm system of prospects) that we compete in for cash. I forget the exact annual league fee (30 bones a think) and the top 3 win cash (Green Hornet won the league last season, and won $350 with the payout scaling down from there).

Unlike a lot of fantasy leagues that tracks the competition either head to head (you play a different team each week, with points being won for each statistical category you win in the head to head matchup) or Rotisserie (same concept in that you're tracking individual statistical categories, but you track it over the course of the entire year with points being awarded based on your overall rankings in those individual statistics), we've boiled it all down into a fantasy points formula and the winner of the league is the team that finishes the season with the most total fantasy points. For example, if you have a starting pitcher going today and he threw 8 inning, with 8K's , 2 ER, and 7 baserunners allowed, each of that categories has a positive or negative statistical value assigned to it. So if each IP = 1 points, and each K = 1 points, but each ER = -2 and each baserunner allowed equals -.25, the total output of the pitcher in that game would be 10.25 fantasy points.

There's a bit more to the formula that we use (a lot more categories tracked, both positive and negative), but that's the bird's eye view of it.

We run a similar Hockey league and honestly, I'm dying to start up a similar basketball league if there's the demand for it. The Hockey league specifically has been ridiculously competitive with different winners in the 1st two seasons, but the title races going down to the last few days of the season (in the 1st season, it went down to the final night), and neither of the two winner from the 1st two seasons looking to win this year....but a title race separated by 1.5 points right now.

We just ironed out some of the scoring issues with the baseball league (closers were over valued), and this season is shaping up to be a dogfight with the incumbent losing some of his bullpens impact on the scoring (he had 4-5 quality closers in his bullpen, racked up tons of points from it and walked away with the title), and a few of the other contender clubs making a bunch of moves to improve.

I had personally sworn off fantasy sports for a bunch of years until I got roped into these leagues and the format is the best I've ever played in.

Leafin'
02-07-2014, 05:35 PM
How much time out of your day to you put into this?

MindzEye
02-07-2014, 06:00 PM
It's a weekly league, so you only have to set your lineup once a week. If you're happy with the squad you have and you're not trawling for upgrades or hunting down obscure prospects, 10 minutes a week.

Everything else is fairly voluntary. Working other owners in trade talks, doing prospect digging to try to improve your prospect pipeline. As much, or as little as you want.

If you're asking me specifically...I've been in a very tight title struggle in the hockey league with the team co owned by Montana & HP (aka, the gay duo), and I've spent quite a bit of time working trade angles and replenishing my prospect pool after some trades, so at least a few hours a week. My baseball team though, which is a very prospect heavy group that I'm building towards contending in 2-3 years, maybe 30-45 minutes a week in setting my lineup and doing prospect review and some scouting.

Habspatrol
02-07-2014, 06:08 PM
Metalleaf has inquired... not sure if he's taking the team. I believe there may end up being a second team available too.

Habspatrol
02-07-2014, 06:11 PM
It's a weekly league, so you only have to set your lineup once a week. If you're happy with the squad you have and you're not trawling for upgrades or hunting down obscure prospects, 10 minutes a week.

Everything else is fairly voluntary. Working other owners in trade talks, doing prospect digging to try to improve your prospect pipeline. As much, or as little as you want.

If you're asking me specifically...I've been in a very tight title struggle in the hockey league with the team co owned by Montana & HP (aka, the gay duo), and I've spent quite a bit of time working trade angles and replenishing my prospect pool after some trades, so at least a few hours a week. My baseball team though, which is a very prospect heavy group that I'm building towards contending in 2-3 years, maybe 30-45 minutes a week in setting my lineup and doing prospect review and some scouting.

Yeah this is like me. I put a lot of time into my team compared to some but I'm sure I only spend maybe like 5 minutes a day on my baseball team and about the same on the Gay Duo team.... but sometimes I spend hours talking trades. Even then though, it's via text or PM while I do other stuff.

Deckie007
02-21-2014, 09:23 PM
Need one more owner! PM myself, Axl, or Habspatrol for deets.

MindzEye
02-21-2014, 10:30 PM
Whoever takes this team would be taking over a top 5-6 team in the league with single biggest prize in fantasy....Mike Trout....on the roster

C - Pierzynski
1B - Billy Butler/Hosmer
2B - Prado
3B - Gyorko
SS - Segura
LF - Trout
CF - Gomez
RF - Beltran

SP - Grienke, Moore, Garcia,
Closers - Holland, Motte

Quality squad, needs a little bit of TLC, but the bones are excellent. Hard to go wrong with Mike Trout

The Green Hornet
02-21-2014, 10:38 PM
i'm genuinely surprised Jonas hasn't tried to swap his team for that one yet

Habspatrol
02-21-2014, 10:59 PM
That's not an option.

Getting Trout would be huge in a dynasty league though.

hairnova
03-13-2014, 01:22 PM
Different league, but looking for someone to take over a team in a 16-team, head-to-head points dynasty league on Fantrax.

PM me if you're interested.

_____

The Team:

Position Players:
C: Jason Castro, HOU
1B: Nick Swisher, CLE
2B: Daniel Murphy, NYM
3B: Chase Headley, SD
SS: Alexei Ramirez, CHW
OF: Alex Gordon, KC
OF: Austin Jackson, DET
OF: Hunter Pence, SF
UT: David Ortiz, BOS

Bench:
3B: Trevor Plouffe, MIN
SS: Brad Miller, SEA
OF: Angel Pagan, SF

Pitchers:
SP: Homer Bailey, CIN
SP: Wei-Yin Chen, BAL
SP: Cole Hamels, PHI
SP: Adam Wainwright, STL
SP: Travis Wood, CHC
RP: Steve Cishek, MIA
RP: Dane De La Rose, LAA
RP: Tommy Hunter, BAL
RP: Nate Jones, CHW
RP: Drew Storen, WSH

Bench:
SP: Mat Latos, CIN
SP: Tyson Ross, SD
RP: Mike Dunn, MIA

Prospects:
1B: Dominic Smith, NYM
2B: Jonathan Schoop, BAL
SS: Hak-Ju Lee, TB
SS: Raul Mondesi, KC
OF: Brian Goodwin, WSH
SP: C.J. Edwards, CHC
SP: Pierce Johnson, CHC
SP: Lucas Sims, ATL
SP: Julio Urias, LAD
SP: Kyle Zimmer, KC

Habspatrol
03-13-2014, 01:27 PM
Wait a minute... wasn't the "advertised" team in the OP of this thread to replace you in the league? :lol

hairnova
03-13-2014, 01:28 PM
Nope! haha.

I did leave the keeper league though.

Habspatrol
03-13-2014, 01:29 PM
Nope! haha.

I did leave the keeper league though.

Oh yeah, that was a different thread.