• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

FI Nba Dynasty League

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
Wanted to gauge interest in doing a NBA league similar to what we're doing with the NHL & MLB. Smaller rosters, a bit easier to manage, but similar scoring system.

Would be looking at doing a full draft similar to our inaugural NHL & MLB drafts shortly after the NBA draft this summer if we're going to do it. Enough interest and I'll make a test league so we can start playing around with numbers to iron out a solid scoring system.

List of those interested:

Mindz
Axl
Jonas
Deckie
Jayz
Nova
HP
SBW

Last edited:
I'd be interested. Not sure if I'd want to pay money though. I'm already in four or five pay for leagues right now.

I'll put you down as interested though Jayz. Basically, I want at least vague interest from ~15 people before I put in the work of starting a test league to work on the scoring system, and setting up a lot of the things that have been missing in our other leagues (rule change voting structures, documented rules for everything we should have had for the other leagues....like documented definitions of unfair tanking and punishments, etc)

I could potentially have interest.

Grew up watching and playing basketball but haven't paid a lot of attention to the league in years. Could be a way to get me back into it.

Surely you could afford it just on the lavish tips that the members of the media bestow upon you, no?

No. I don't get tips and the ****ers will sometimes complain about the two dollars difference in price between the media guide and the actual service.

While wearing a Zegna suit. I wish I was making this up.

No. I don't get tips and the ****ers will sometimes complain about the two dollars difference in price between the media guide and the actual service.

While wearing a Zegna suit. I wish I was making this up.

I was just ****ing about.

I was thinking about making it a 15-20 dollar entry for year one and going from there, but if we have enough guys who aren't basketball experts that want to try it out for a year, I'm not entirely against waiving fees for everyone in year one.

The one thing I will say though is that these leagues are math leagues every bit as much as they're sports leagues. The strategy portion that requires specific sporting knowledge is more in plotting future courses (is player A going to stay in his current situation for long, roster competition, contract status, etc) than it is for determining current player worth (FPG does that for you, for the most part).

You looking for all FI members?

I know a few people that watch a lot more basketball than me who might wanna join if we open it up.

If the fee was like $10 or so I'd consider joining.

I'd imagine it doesn't have to just be FI members... but they'd have to join so that the drafts can happen.

i'm tempted as i really enjoy the other two leagues, but basketball lost me a while ago. i grew up more of a fan of the nba then any other sport but the refs infuriate me to the point it kills the enjoyment and the decision was sorta the last straw for me. haven't watched much at all for a few years now.

Back