• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes @ Stars 2/27 8:30

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The Canes head west for their first game against the Stars since November 2011. Dallas has been a house of horrors for the franchise. The last win in Dallas came in 1996. Since then, the Stars are 9-0-1 against the Canes.

The teams are remarkably similar statistically. Goals against per game, PK%, FO %, shots for and against are virtually the same. The only real difference is in goals per game. The Stars average 2.78, the Canes 2.50. The Stars are 4-1-1 in their last 6 home games. Jamie Benn has an 8 game point streak. Tyler Seguin leads the team with 24 goals and 56 points. Jamie Benn has 29 assists. Rookie Valeri Nichushkin has 13 goals, 15 assists and is +16. Erik Cole has 14 goals but is -11, Ray Whitney has 7-15-22

Canes have to bounce back from a last minute loss in Buffalo. They're now 5 point out of both the last wild card spot and 3rd in the division with 1 game in hand on both Detroit and Philly. Semin has points in 9 of his last 12 games. Expect Khudobin in net.

John and Tripp are on Fox Sports Carolinas tonight.

This one has all the makings of a horror show for the Canes with Seguin and Nichushkin and Benn just flat out buzzing around and making us look foolish in our own end. Canes better figure out a way to get this one because it just gets tougher from here on this road trip.

I think the Canes are going to regret going for Lindholm over Nichuskin. Nichuskin came in ready to play a "man's game."

Meh...hard to care about this one. Haven't even set the DVR yet. But I'll likely end up checking in at some point. I expect a big loss tonight...blowout style.

Personally, I'm going to go see Alton Brown tonight at the DPAC and will be checking the score when that's done.

I think the Canes are going to regret going for Lindholm over Nichuskin. Nichuskin came in ready to play a "man's game."

I was thinking the same thing the other day watching Nicushkin play in Sochi...that guy is a monster on the wing and his hands are crazy good for a big man. Again, remind me why JR stayed far away from him??? Oh wait...too big, wont a sign a contract in North America, a KHL flight risk...and on and on and on.

Me, too. Wish I'd made plans to do that. Not much talk on the game, eh?

I wanted Nitchuskin too and was disappointed at selecting Lindholm - not terribly with his play and potential but EL is JR's kind of player.

Not much talk on the game, eh?

I just have so little positive to say. You can only say the PP sucks and we are sick of this team claiming to have played well in losses so many times. Again they pretty much have to win this game, I'm not confident at all that they can. Khodobin is going to need to come up big tonight for us to have a chance.

I just have so little positive to say. You can only say the PP sucks and we are sick of this team claiming to have played well in losses so many times. Again they pretty much have to win this game, I'm not confident at all that they can. Khodobin is going to need to come up big tonight for us to have a chance.

So the Canes franchise last beat the Dallas Stars in Dallas in 1996...they lose Tuesday to the worst team in the NHL and are staring straight in the face of having to play three very good California teams after this one...all signs point to a Cane victory tonight...that's just how unbelievably stupid this team plays this time of year. I predict a 1-4 road trip and out of the playoff race for the most part by the NHL trade deadline, yet JR will wax poetic about still being in the thick of things...

I'm recording this (even though I had to postpone recording the "Vikings" until 2 pm), but I am not looking forward to watching it. I'll probably flip through it, unless we're playing really well. It's hard to get excited when we've seen this movie all too often. At least I don't have to go the PNC to watch it.

1-4 wouldn't surprise me. 0-5 wouldn't either. But most likely, Murphy's Law kicks in, and the Canes win 2 and get a tie point in a 3rd. That should be more than enough to make JR comfortable in not selling any pending UFAs, and having a quiet trade deadline.

"We like our group". *

*We are screwed on our current contracts and payroll!

Blah, blah, blah.

I'll watch, till they are losing big ... probably be in bed by 9 PM and save myself the frustration.

Not much more to say. Season over.

After the slug fiasco I expect the canes to win big and keep in suspense over the trade deadline.

How many more games until the part time, bandwagon fans like myself start wishing for them to lose every game and get a top 4 draft pick? Another 4 points between the Canes and Red Wings, and I'm comfortable calling it a season.

PP goes for worse than vs. Slugs. Thanks for taking care of that detai in short order guys.

Back