• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: 2014 CHL Playoffs

hairnova

News Breaker
ohl-footer.png

Eastern Conference:
(1) Oshawa Generals vs. (8) Mississauga Steelheads
(2) North Bay Battalion vs. (7) Niagara IceDogs
(3) Kingston Frontenacs vs. (6) Peterborough Petes
(4) Barrie Colts vs. (5) Sudbury Wolves

Western Conference:
(1) Guelph Storm vs. (8) Plymouth Whalers
(2) Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds vs. (7) Owen Sound Attack
(3) Erie Otters vs. (6) Saginaw Spirit
(4) London Knights vs. (5) Windsor Spitfires

league_logo.png

(1) Baie-Comeau Drakkar vs. (16) Shawinigan Cataractes
(2) Halifax Mooseheads vs. (15) Charlottetown Islanders
(3) Val-d'Or Foreurs vs. (14) Acadie-Bathurst Titan
(4) Rimouski Oceanic vs. (13) Chicoutimi Sagueneens
(5) Blainville-Boisbriand Armada vs. (12) Moncton Wildcats
(6) Drummondville Voltigeurs vs. (11) Victoriaville Tigres
(7) Quebec Remparts vs. (10) Rouyn-Noranda Huskies
(8) Gatineau Olympiques vs. (9) Cape Breton Screaming Eagles

whl_logo_footer_bigger.png

Eastern Conference:
(1) Edmonton Oil Kings vs. (8) Prince Albert Raiders
(2) Regina Pats vs. (7) Brandon Wheat Kings
(3) Calgary Hitmen vs. (6) Kootenay Ice
(4) Medicine Hat Tigers vs. (5) Swift Current Broncos

Western Conference:
(1) Kelowna Rockets vs. (8) Tri-City Americans
(2) Portland Winterhawks vs. (7) Vancouver Giants
(3) Victoria Royals vs. (6) Spokane Chiefs
(4) Seattle Thunderbirds vs. (5) Everett Silvertips

Haven't been paying as much attention this season. Who are the favorites in the OHL and WHL?

I think the Mooseheads have a chance of repeating in the Q but everything's gonna have to go right for them this year... I'd have the Drakkar as the favorites.

The Erie Otters might just outscore everyone. They've got a lot of firepower.

Haven't been paying as much attention this season. Who are the favorites in the OHL and WHL?

I think the Mooseheads have a chance of repeating in the Q but everything's gonna have to go right for them this year... I'd have the Drakkar as the favorites.

Rockets and again the Winterhawks.

Hitmen and Oil kings are the favourites in the east - but like the NHL the west is the better conference.

If you get to watch Kelowna, scouting reports on Nick Merkley (2015 draft) & Riley Stadel (2014) plz. :)

So if Im looking at this right...I get to watch Draisaitl for Prince Albert in the first round. Almost got to watch Fluery/Bleackley for Red Deer (Prince Albert beat Red Deer in a one game playoff).

Really hoping to see Reinhart (Kootenay) again. Impressed the hell out of my two playoffs ago.

Other possible 2014 draft players: Honka with Swift Current. Virtanen with Calgary (potential eastern final). A few potentially in the WHL final as well (Portland or Kelowna)

That they do and if Dansk can get on a roll look out.

Guelph is good too but I don't see them beating London or Erie.

Guelph is the best team in the conference IMO. They are huge and can skate. That said, its a three horse race for sure.

Oshawa is the only team in the East with a small chance to upset a Western team in the OHL final IMO. But still they'd need some breaks, and great goaltending, and just a lot of things to fall their way overall.

Virtanen for Calgary is a really interesting player in what people see in him.

There's a lot of people who see him as a top-10 draft pick in the upcoming draft, while there are some people, like Craig Button, who don't think he's a first rounder at all because they don't think his game will translate to the NHL level because his style of play won't work.

I wish I had a chance to watch him play.

Guelph is the best team in the conference IMO. They are huge and can skate. That said, its a three horse race for sure.

Oshawa is the only team in the East with a small chance to upset a Western team in the OHL final IMO. But still they'd need some breaks, and great goaltending, and just a lot of things to fall their way overall.

Any chance Bertuzzi will be ready for the playoffs, or is he done this year?

I haven't heard anything on his status in a while. Head/neck injuries are tricky to tell... see crosby of course.

Was at the Knights game last night. They looked very very good in a 6-1 win.

Also - I have memorial cup tickets this year :)

In the Q, Baie-Comeau, Rimouski are pretty good. I don't think the Mooseheads are that strong, especially because the Maritimes division is pretty weak.

Back