• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT - NCAA Tournament 2014

cmaleski2

Just can't let it slide.... ACC gets 6 teams, 2 recent former Big East schools, 4 traditional schools. Former Big East teams 2-0, core ACC teams 0-2.

Anyone else playing for the Quicken Loans/Warrent Buffett Billion? I was out after the first game yesterday (Ohio State)....there are still a few lucky brackets out there that are perfect (18 out of 18) but they won't likely survive today.

.... and yet, Tuesday's game does count and so the core teams are 1-2.

#nitpicker, not #accapologist

1 out of 330-ish brackets in my corporate pool was perfect yesterday. Not mine. I even talked myself out of two wins at the last minute -- geez, keep your first instinct next time, willya? And of course one of my losses was #ncstateshit

You should have to turnover the ball if you call time out.

****ing time out

It's the devil's option.

The ACC is dead to me. Some don't belong.

And down go my Mildcats. Hard to win a game if you can't hit a freaking layup and score one basket in the last 11:30 of the first half.

Well I think Napier can carry UCONN like Kimba Walker did but I don't think the rest of the team is as good as the 2011 squad. Iowa State would be trouble...UCONN can beat UNC. One bad game from Napier and it's over.

Well I think Napier can carry UCONN like Kimba Walker did but I don't think the rest of the team is as good as the 2011 squad. Iowa State would be trouble...UCONN can beat UNC. One bad game from Napier and it's over.

Yep, they can't count on their opponent not scoring when Napier is out of the game like last night.

And the first #1 seed is out. Kentucky beat Wichita St. by 2. Kansas joins my Wildcats as a 2 seed on the sidelines, losing to Stanford.

And the dirt bags are out. Guess cheating did not work out too well today. Suck on it huckleberry!

Can we return to sender??? Should have stopped at GT for my money.

Whole conference stunk this year, regardless of where a team came from. Having only Virginia makes it through first weekend out of 6 teams is not a bragging point for ACC. Stinky year for the conference....

Whole conference stunk this year, regardless of where a team came from. Having only Virginia makes it through first weekend out of 6 teams is not a bragging point for ACC. Stinky year for the conference....

Here is the top 10 conference RPI with the teams left. Only the Big East did worse than the ACC, but the Big East only had 4 in, the ACC 6. The SEC, ranked 6th in conference RPI only got 3 bids but all are through.
Big 12 - 2 left/7 bids
Big 10 - 3/6
Pac 12 - 3/6
Big East - 0/4
ACC - 1/6
SEC - 3/3
Atlantic 10 - 1/6
American Athletic - 2/4
West Coast - 0/2
Mountain West - 1/2

Yeah ... not a great post season for the ACC by any measure. Virginia, however looked really good blowing thru a decent Memphis team yesterday. In a year with weak top seeds, they look as good as anybody.

I'll be happy when Coach K and the rest of the ACC coaches shut up about how disrepected their conference is when the reality is that they aren't as good as they think they are. 6 bids were all they deserved, and everyone was seeded fairly. I know the basketball programs just have to deal with what the ACC has become as none of the changes were driven by basketball, but enough already from the coaches about how great ACC basketball is. Yeah there are still some good teams in the conference and the conference schedule sure is tough, but the ACC isn't that monster men's College BB conference anymore.

Back