• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game 4 - Lightning @ Habs – Tue Apr-22, 2014 - 7 pm

northernlou

Idi Admin
TV: 7 p.m. ET, NHL Network, CBC, FSN Florida (Tampa Bay), RDS (Montreal)

(Montreal leads best-of-7 series, 3-0)

Big story: For the 31st time in their history, the Montreal Canadiens lead 3-0 in a Stanley Cup Playoff series. They've completed the sweep in 22 of the 30 previous instances, and can become the first team in 2014 to advance out of the first round as they try to eliminate the Tampa Bay Lightning in what promises to be a party-like atmosphere at Bell Centre.

"It's pretty surreal to be a part of. You can't hear a thing down there on the ice," forward Brendan Gallagher said about the fan support. "They're standing, they're cheering the whole time. It's just fun to be a part of it and play in front of it. You know the fans are enjoying it just as much as we are."

Who's hot: Stamkos set up both Lightning goals in Game 3 and leads the team with four points. … Gallagher has two goals and two assists during a three-game point streak for the Canadiens. Forward Rene Bourque has three goals in the past two games. Defenseman P.K. Subban has back-to-back games with two assists.

Injury report: Tampa Bay goalie Ben Bishop (upper body) remains sidelined. … Montreal forward Travis Moen (concussion) was cleared for contact Monday and took part in his first full practice. Moen said he was "2-3 practices away from playing." His last game was March 24.

http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2013030124

ABOUT THE LIGHTNING: Captain Steven Stamkos avoided what appeared to be a serious injury when he took an accidental knee flush to the side of his head moments after Callahan's goal was negated late in the second period, but he returned to start the third period. “I tried to shake it off,” Stamkos said of the hit that knocked him woozy. “Games like this, you don’t want to miss any time. I want to be out there as much as I can to help our team win.” Stamkos, who already missed more than four months this season due to a broken leg, picked up his second assist of the contest on defenseman Matt Carle's third-period goal and told reporters at Monday's optional skate that he felt good and expects to be in the lineup for Game 4.

ABOUT THE CANADIENS:
Subban did not finish the regular season on a high note, failing to hit the scoresheet in his final six games, posting a collective minus-5 in that span and having his ice time cut dramatically in half those contests. However, Subban has provided a stark reminder of why he ranks among the league's elite defensemen with a stellar series against Tampa Bay, posting back-to-back games with two assists and playing a leading role during the decisive stretch of Game 3. Subban prevented a tiebreaking tally by swatting a puck out of mid-air seconds before Callahan's goal was waved off and, minutes later, put his team ahead to stay with a brilliant individual rush to set up a goal by Brendan Gallagher.

OVERTIME

1. Subban is the first Montreal defenseman to post multiple assists in consecutive playoff games since Hall-of-Famer Larry Robinson in 1987.

2. Lightning coach Jon Cooper said starting G Ben Bishop, who has missed six straight games, will not be available Tuesday.

3. If Tampa Bay staves off elimination, it will host Game 5 on Thursday.

Trends:

Lightning are 12-44 in their last 56 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
Lightning are 3-8 in the last 11 meetings.
Canadiens are 16-5 in their last 21 vs. Eastern Conference.

http://www.covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nhl/matchups/g2_preview_1.html

Lines at Monday morning practice

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Vanek
Bourque-Gionta-Eller
Prust-Plekanec-Gallagher
Bournival-Briere-Weise
Parros-White-Moen

graphics-brooms-608407.gif

hope we win this one and use extra days to rest some veterans like Markov and some with injuries .God knows maybe next serie will be Boston and these extra days will be huge then..

Win the game, let the boys fly to Florida for a few days R+R, then work them back in for the next round in May.

Win the game, let the boys fly to Florida for a few days R+R, then work them back in for the next round in May.

**** no. Last time they had R&R in Florida they played one of their worst games of the year.

Tampa should just mail it in. Cooper is still whining about our legal goal.

I wrote a letter to Cam Cole in the Sun who implied that the french ref last game assisted us. I wrote that he would never make the implication if a BC born ref helped the Cannots.

Gotta win this game and take the rest, don't want to give the Lightning hope with a win tonight then going back to Tampa.

Lets hope Price is on his game and the lads pot 4, then rest up to likely play the Boston Bruins (unless the Wings can come up with a huge upset, tonight's Wings/Bruins game will be very important).

Tampa should just mail it in. Cooper is still whining about our legal goal.

I wrote a letter to Cam Cole in the Sun who implied that the french ref last game assisted us. I wrote that he would never make the implication if a BC born ref helped the Cannots.

That is so dumb if that is indeed what what Cole implied. Charron may have been a Habs fan as a kid but I'm sure he cares about his career as an NHL ref. more than the Habs at this point in his life. For the record, I think he made the wrong the wrong call (which is fine by me, btw) but it was a mistake, not his Habs bias.

Back