• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Weird Topic, but are there any Legomaniacs here?

Bleedsblue&white

Okay,

I have spent hours online, The Lego site, Fan sites, google images...I am stuck.

Somewhere in the mid 90's( I think), Lego came out with (I think) three vehicles, at least one was treaded(I have that one), but they were the first ones you could plug into your pc and program.
If you had a couple of them you could program or use the remotes to have them "fight" with their fake lasers, but mostly you created light mazes, or they would drive around the room, "learning," the space by bumping into things and moving a bit.
Like I said, you plugged them into your pc, but they came with a little black remote with like four buttons so one of the things you could do was hit one switch, hide it somewhere in the room, and the robot/vehicle would stagger around til it found it then beep happily.

I want to give it to somebody, but I can't remember how the remote works, I can't find any information, and I can't find the PC plug to let the tech find it.

It's driving me crazy. My buddy and I bought each other one for Christmas years ago, he can't find his cord and he can't remember a freakin thing either. The idea is to give the two of them to a couple young boys who would enjoy them once I figure out what they **** they're called and how to change the last program I put in.

I don't frequent many sites so this is my last gasp.

Hmm - looks like Lego Technic Motor (Technics) is what comes up for me as well

9781409376606L_010.jpg

Besides ultra cool, of course.
Lol, I was almost in my 30's, but my friend I swore decades ago that we would always buy each other toys for Christmas.

OMG, I never thought of youtube. Which is crazy, I was there today learning how to fix a derailleur.
Thank you thank you thank you.

It was released in 02 I see...time plays tricks with the mind.

Last edited:
As as aside to this story. I paid 60 bucks for this snaptrax thing, and I just found one on Amazon going for 778 dollars.
I've seen more at 250-400.
I won't be giving this away for free after all.
My buddy and I may even put a package together, see what we can get.

Jesus...almost 800 bucks?

Those Amazon prices are by individuals, who sell things at exorbitant prices once Amazon stops selling them......more often than not it's just an attempt to hoodwink people who don't know better into paying an absurd price for something.

Quick search on ebay shows a bunch of those Spybotics Snaptrax having sold for $35-50.....I'm guessing those that sell for $250+ are ones that are brand new in a box, and are targeted at collectors.

Don't mean to be a buzzkill.....but I suspect that if you think you're gonna cash-in, you're likely to be disappointed. Do some research, but my guess is that in the end the best value you could get for them, would be to give them to those kids, and let them get the same enjoyment out of them that you and your buddy did.

Those are parts...

And I said I've seen more at 250-400, I was just stunned to see anything over 500.

I've did more than look at Amazon and believe.

The kids are my bosses, and he wouldn't take anything from me that valuable for free anyways. I've already given his kids a bunch of Lego stuff and he always has to find a way to get me back.

Back