• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Free Agency Thread

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The feeding frenzy kicks off at Noon eastern. Any non-Canes moves go here, separate threads in the unlikely event the Canes are active today.

I think all these compliance buyout and the Cap pinch actually make us more likely players in the market. Prolly not today though. Bargain hunters rarely jump quickly.

I think all these compliance buyout and the Cap pinch actually make us more likely players in the market. Prolly not today though. Bargain hunters rarely jump quickly.

Agreed. Probably not until September IMO, the way JR would do it in the past, and this year it makes pretty good sense. If there were a Ray Whitney-type opportunity out there, I'd hope that RF would be inclined to pursue it, but none of the other teams are so far over the cap, the way a few teams were in 2005, that we're going to see players performing to their salary grade dumped strictly for cap management reasons. On the other hand, if either of the available Richards was willing to center our third line at $1m per, I'd have to think about it. Not bloody likely, though.

Digging through the dumpster behind the better NHL franchise offices. Dumpster diving at it's finest around Canes HQ!

Unload Bowman, Malhotra, Dvorak etc....pencil in Boychuk and what other misfit into the 4th line?

Penguins sign Christian Erhoff (who was just bought out by Buffalo) for one year at $4 million.

Last edited:
Juicy to Florida. How many goals will he score against the stout defense of the canes?

Why are the other teams picking up choice players? Is RF having lunch or reading fiction?

Juicy to Florida. How many goals will he score against the stout defense of the canes?

Why are the other teams picking up choice players? Is RF having lunch or reading fiction?

He's waiting for things to shake out to pick up the dregs.

Back