• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

We like our team

dwind

Each and every one of us. We get to fish and golf earlier than anyone else in the NHL.

I can see the canes opening pitch to players they are trying to recruit.

If you don't like to play golf or fish in the springtime, sign elsewhere.

Expansion cash is much greater than relocation cash.
I'd say the canes relocate to the GTO and a new team in Quebec.
That would maximize the income.

Bottom line guys ... for any visitors ... we're not relocating anywhere just yet, if ever.

Just making that clear.

Expansion cash is much greater than relocation cash.
I'd say the canes relocate to the GTO and a new team in Quebec.
That would maximize the income.

You think the folks in GTO would support this bunch? Better to go to Seatle where expectations might not be quite so high and the fans can be high.

You think the folks in GTO would support this bunch? Better to go to Seatle where expectations might not be quite so high and the fans can be high.

The GTO already supports a team very similar to this bunch-- only they wear blue and white and haven't seen the Cup since the year the New Orleans Saints entered the NFL

The GTO already supports a team very similar to this bunch-- only they wear blue and white and haven't seen the Cup since the year the New Orleans Saints entered the NFL

They haven't seen the Prince of Wales Or Clarence Campbell trophies since then either. Unless you count seeing their opponent take a picture around it, of course.

What's with the dumb-ass comments about moving the team? If that's what you want why are you even here?

Truthfully, how long can the club sustain itself with its crappy play? It's a vicious cycle they are in.
Getting rid of staal will not improve the club nor will getting rid of semin, staal the junior, cward or skinner. These players would have to be replaced. But, with what from where? And would it make the canes better!

Truthfully, how long can the club sustain itself with its crappy play? It's a vicious cycle they are in.
Getting rid of staal will not improve the club nor will getting rid of semin, staal the junior, cward or skinner. These players would have to be replaced. But, with what from where? And would it make the canes better!

Well gosh ... clearly they'd just go get some rando guys from the KHL if they traded away every decent player they have on the roster. What else would you do?

Jeez Windy. I get that you're pissed off about the direction of the team but how about easing off on the throttle about 10%

I know it's 'blowing off steam' (and so was I) and my barb was aimed at the comment, not the poster but that comment really got on my nerves.

Dennis, et. al. right all over, there is no practical way to replace much of anybody. The Canes have been a poor - lousy, rotten performing team for too long and JR tried by firing his protégé and bring in Muller & staff. On paper that was a great move but Admiral Kirk turned out to be just an ordinary seaman on a leaky tub. OK, it's hard to be optimistic about now...

And Ronnie, being stuck with most of the old order, is trying to get the boat headed in the right direction with Bill Peters as captain. As frustrated as I am, I have to at least give 'em a chance and hope for..., maybe 'the best' is too much but if we don't see some really marked improvement... The biggest problem, as I see it, has been a 'culture' of playing around rather than playing efficiently, smart, well and hard enough to give us a semblance of some sort of a contender - at least for the playoffs. We have some outstanding players and if they'll play as a team we should see good results. Mainly to either get Eric to give his all - in the right direction - and be the leader, as captain and our best player. This isn't news to anybody, eh?

Back