• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Is it time to finally Name a Player?

axlsalinger

Hey. As most people know, I HATE having to replace a manager in the dynasty league. But we still haven't heard from playertobenamedlater for some time, and it doesn't look like he's checked in at Forum Ice since November 2013. I've asked several times, and nobody seems to know any other way to get a hold of him.

I've sent multiple emails to whatever email addy he has listed in Fantrax (I can't see what it is, as it's marked private). Somebody suggested checking his payment info from past seasons, I did that and found his last 2 payments came from the same email addy. I just sent an email to the address listed there.

We'll give him a couple of days to get that email and (hopefully) respond. If not, it looks like we will have to replace him. I know there were a couple of people who had expressed an interest in joining, I think Buffalo Soldiers and perhaps Matrim?

Anybody have any other ideas?

Once done, we can give every team a final chance to review their lists and make any last-minute changes, perhaps a few days to give the new manager a little bit of time to look into potential trades, and get up to speed on the draft.

Sounds good to me. Find a new manager, give them a week or so to sort things out, and we should be good to go.

Unholy Alliance/Killersweet may also have interest, from our other dynasty leagues.

Yep, I think every opportunity has been made.

Hopefully he's okay and just said **** sports, the leafs, the board, etc.

Yeah I guess we don't really have a choice seeing as we set such a ridiculously early deadline for no reason whatsoever.

Vote waiting. He's a great manager and not worth losing him over a deadline that doesn't need to be this early in the summer.

Nah, he's off the forum now. Not just this league. I think he's got more important considerations to deal with in his personal life and it makes sense to do the draft as soon as possible.

Not personally. But someone mentioned something about his girlfriend and a new job a while back and it makes sense. Sometimes it's more difficult to stay away from this place if you don't just quit cold turkey, and I can speak from experience after taking a couple hiatuses myself over the years that it's a distraction.

Vote waiting. He's a great manager and not worth losing him over a deadline that doesn't need to be this early in the summer.

He hasn't logged on to anything since 2013 man....exactly what standard of activity are we willing to hold people to if not logging on since he had to buy new calendars doesn't raise the red flag?

Why suddenly so anti? We have always done our draft right after the NHL draft.

If anything, and I know that Mindz has agreed with me on this from the beginning, I think it would be far more fun and challenging to hold the draft before the NHL version. It would take away the "cheat sheet" element that many people follow and make manager's make true talent evaluation calls with regards to the prospects.

But that got voted down, so I can't really dispute it if the majority likes the format of a week or so after.

Why suddenly so anti? We have always done our draft right after the NHL draft.

I'm not so sure I was ever "for" it, but it just makes no sense to have it so early. I honestly cannot think of a single redeeming factor to having it so early.

If we were doing BEFORE the NHL draft then I get it. You get to draft sleepers before NHL scouts point them out to everyone.... but if we're doing it after the NHL draft then we may as well give everyone the summer to see how everything washes out.

My feeling is for all we know it's something personal and in a month he could log back on and everything is back to normal.

There is no reason the draft has to happen this week, other than to make ppl happy. There is zero effect to the league by waiting it out longer.

In my head...waiting an extra mth to see if a great poster/GM can come back > making ppl happy by drafting earlier in the summer.

Have we asked the general board if anyone knows player personally or his digits to contact?

I think the league got weaker by losing msun. Think again the league gets weaker by losing player (assuming he's coming back to the board). Rather give player the benefit of past precedent...we all know player to be a stand up guy.

If anything, and I know that Mindz has agreed with me on this from the beginning, I think it would be far more fun and challenging to hold the draft before the NHL version. It would take away the "cheat sheet" element that many people follow and make manager's make true talent evaluation calls with regards to the prospects.

But that got voted down, so I can't really dispute it if the majority likes the format of a week or so after.
I totally get the idea of doing it before the draft... but otherwise I don't see the point in doing it shortly after.

Still agree with this. Won't push the issue because I know that it's not popular and I don't care that much, but the league has become more about unrealistic uber trades and less about the talent identification that originally started the pissing match that lead to the creation of the league.

I like mirroring the show in as many aspects as we can, so if we're not going to draft "blind", at least let's do it shortly afterwards and get our summer hockey frenzy out of the way at the same time the NHL does.

Still agree with this. Won't push the issue because I know that it's not popular and I don't care that much, but the league has become more about unrealistic uber trades and less about the talent identification that originally started the pissing match that lead to the creation the league.

I like mirroring the show in as many aspects as we can, so if we're not going to draft "blind", at least let's do it shortly afterwards and get our summer hockey frenzy out of the way at the same time the NHL does.

Haha, so could take this off topic to...if we had a capped league...the uber trade league goes away and it becomes about talent iq due to cap management.

My feeling is for all we know it's something personal and in a month he could log back on and everything is back to normal.

There is no reason the draft has to happen this week, other than to make ppl happy. There is zero effect to the league by waiting it out longer.

In my head...waiting an extra mth to see if a great poster/GM can come back > making ppl happy by drafting earlier in the summer.

Have we asked the general board if anyone knows player personally or his digits to contact?

I think the league got weaker by losing msun. Think again the league gets weaker by losing player (assuming he's coming back to the board). Rather give player the benefit of past precedent...we all know player to be a stand up guy.

Why are we waiting another month though? What exactly is special about a month? Why not 2? 3? Why not wait until the day before the season opens?

It's all subjective. I don't think it's a lot to ask to sign in at some point in this calendar year....or answer your pm's....or emails....or fire out a post if you're interested in staying in the league.

And I love Player, posted with dude for the better part of a decade, but he was never an active owner to begin with. In 3 years of ownership he made 1 trade. Zibanejad for Ellis. 1 trade involving 2 players in 3 full seasons despite being a lower table club with numerous tradeable veterans. A great owner? Nah man, not even close. He's never been an active owner in the least.

Back