PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Marlies Thread

Metalleaf
07-09-2014, 01:25 PM
I know we had one of these for the AHL playoffs...but I think the team deserves its own thread, for when news comes out regarding the Marlies. Like the slight AHL division re-alignment.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsHK145CAAA1Y1l.jpg

zeke
07-09-2014, 01:33 PM
If only holland and ashton and holzer stay with the leafs, here's the probable lineup:

Brown - Nylander - Leivo
Abbott - McKegg - Kozun
Herzog - Carrick - Broll
Ross - Rupert - Biggs
(Devane)

Percy - Granberg
Finn - Loov
MacWilliam - Nilsson
(Marshall - Knodel)

Sparks
Gibson

Whcih would be a pretty excellent young team.

Of course, I expect at least one of those forwards and one of those dmen to have a fairly permanent spot on the big club.

trujaysfan
07-09-2014, 01:57 PM
Have we signed both Ruperts or just the one we drafted?

Metalleaf
07-09-2014, 01:58 PM
Just Ryan.

number17
07-09-2014, 03:15 PM
If only holland and ashton and holzer stay with the leafs, here's the probable lineup:

Brown - Nylander - Leivo
Abbott - McKegg - Kozun
Herzog - Carrick - Broll
Ross - Rupert - Biggs
(Devane)

Percy - Granberg
Finn - Loov
MacWilliam - Nilsson
(Marshall - Knodel)

Sparks
Gibson

Of course, I expect at least one of those forwards and one of those dmen to have a fairly permanent spot on the big club.1 of Granberg and Percy, with Finn getting an outside shot is expected to be with the Leafs.

I don't expect Franson to still be with the Leafs on opening night, and even if he is, the leafs still need a #7.

leafman101
07-09-2014, 03:29 PM
The players are starting to come through the system. If you can pull 2-3 good solid 2nd/3rd line NHL players out of guys like Brown, Leivo, Vergaghe, Carrick, Johnson, McKegg, Percy, Granberg, Finn to surround the core of Kessel, JVR, Kadri, Nylander, Rielly, Phaneuf, Gardiner, Bernier you are in good shape.

soco22
07-15-2014, 05:00 PM
New coach is gonna be announced soon

Metalleaf
07-15-2014, 06:40 PM
Gord Dineen...was Spotts assistant. Derek King stays on as an assistant.

number17
07-16-2014, 12:05 PM
The Leafs brass seriously believed we have the best coaches.

That's why we retained Carlyle.

That's why we promoted the Marlies coach to be Carlyle's assistant.

That's why we promoted the Marlies assistant to their head coach.

We don't believe, with all the resources we have, all the coaches available out there, that we already have the best available coaches.

THAT, or we're too lazy to interview coaches.

leafman101
07-16-2014, 12:07 PM
In fairness the Marlies have been a great team and contender year in and out. Those guys have done a good job and earned the promotions.

Just like some of the Marlies players hopefully.

hockeylover
07-16-2014, 12:10 PM
Wonder more and more lately if this is just a "We're not tanking but we're not trying much either" year from Shanny. He gets another 5-10 pick, cans Carlyle, starts afresh. Frustrating with the East being as wide open as it is but if that's his plan, it's at least a plan.

leafman101
07-16-2014, 12:13 PM
I don't know if its fair to call it not trying, but he has said he's not looking to make big splashes for the sake of it. He is going to be patient.

His goal isn't to take advantage of a weak east in the short term, but rather build a team that can compete in any conference year in and year out and hopefully win a cup.

zeke
07-16-2014, 12:26 PM
I think he's just in assessment mode, and this year will be an assessment year.

number17
07-16-2014, 01:52 PM
If Shanny needs to write off an entire season to assess what he has ... what does that say about him?

leafman101
07-16-2014, 02:05 PM
Why is he writing it off? Just because you dont like the moves doesn't mean he is writing it off.

LeafGm
07-16-2014, 02:49 PM
At this point, I'd actually prefer it if Shanahan was writing off the year.

Because the only other explanation for keeping and extending Carlyle after this past season is extreme stupidity.

hockeylover
07-16-2014, 02:56 PM
At this point, I'd actually prefer it if Shanahan was writing off the year.

Because the only other explanation for keeping and extending Carlyle after this past season is extreme stupidity.

Yeah, this is kinda what I was getting at earlier, I agree.

Bleedsblue&white
07-16-2014, 08:43 PM
He's not going to come in like a gunslinger, shooting from the hip at everything he sees, Shanahan needs to get a close look at everything.
Plus it gives him more time to keep his eye out for the right people.

Bleedsblue&white
07-16-2014, 08:44 PM
Go Marlies!

Leafin'
07-16-2014, 09:12 PM
It could be an interesting season where we get to see our young guys make an impact. Another top-10 pick would go a long way to helping this team. Looks like we have a good one in Nylander.

Good thing is that we have a young enough team where we can burn a season to assess the organization top to bottom.

My heart says we make the playoffs, my brain says we struggle with the coaching staff and type of players we have.

hockeylover
07-16-2014, 09:23 PM
He's not going to come in like a gunslinger, shooting from the hip at everything he sees, Shanahan needs to get a close look at everything.

I feel like firing a coach with such disastrous results last year, that you publicly acknowledge needs to overhaul his entire system, and who has stated he has no idea what really went wrong isn't exactly gun-slinging.

Preston_Mizzi
07-16-2014, 11:41 PM

Brown - Nylander - Leivo
Abbott - McKegg - Kozun
Herzog - Carrick - Broll
Ross - Rupert - Biggs
(Devane)

Percy - Granberg
Finn - Loov
MacWilliam - Nilsson
(Marshall - Knodel)

Sparks
Gibson

Of course, I expect at least one of those forwards and one of those dmen to have a fairly permanent spot on the big club.
Clarkson would look good on that 4th line.

Pucklosopher
07-17-2014, 09:24 AM

It's a positive sign for the organization that Shanahan isn't coming in like a gunslinger. Like the last few GMs to run this team. Remember Fletcher throwing away Steen? Nonis signing the Clarkson deal? Burke's Komi signing? Rask for Raycroft? Those were all gunslinging mentality deals.

LeafGm
07-17-2014, 10:10 AM
Regarding this silly shit about "gunslinging", when you've taken over a team that just finished giving up the most shots against by any team in NHL history, and also finished 2-12 to crash and burn out of the playoff race, firing the coach is not "gunslinging", and it's not rushing to judgement.

leafman101
07-17-2014, 10:19 AM
Gun-slinging might not be the right term, but I think what people are saying is he has patience. He is not reacting to one bad year, or one bad 15 game stretch. He is not making moves to appease the fans.

He is taking a calculated and patient approach, and is willing to take the heat that comes with that. Its a good sign. Even if you don't agree with some of the moves in particular. You are never going to agree with every move a GM makes. Its the only way to build a good organization. At the end of the day maybe Carlyle is part of that, or maybe he isn't. But if you have the right approach you'll end up making more good decisions than poor ones in the long run.

So far his only potentially poor decision is not firing people. He hasn't added some immovable, cap killing contract. He didn't go out and trade top young players like Kadri and Gardiner for a quick fix like many called for. He didn't ship out Phaneuf for 10 cents on the dollar. If not firing Carlyle is the biggest mistake he has made so far its hard to complain too much. Coaches are easy to fire, and can always be fired. That is a mistake that is pretty easy to fix if it turns out to be a mistake. Its probably the easiest mistake to fix in hockey.

zeke
07-17-2014, 12:52 PM
Well, the results themselves are firing worthy, but its always more important to evaluate process more than results....and in these cases the process is even worse than the result.

What kills me is that shanny was fully invested in handing out ANOTHER 5+ mil longterm deal to a guy who is not a good bet to produce more than 3rd line offense, and whose defense is questionable as well.

We literally might have been paying a really mediocre or even crappy third line first line money for years to come, with a komarov-bolland-clarkson trio.

number17
07-17-2014, 04:44 PM
First of all, Shanny, as the PResident, should not be making the call on Bolland or any UFA - that's the GM's call. That's problem #1.

In regardless, in the 'saved by Tallon's stupidity' argument regarding Bolland, while I think it is a fair point, fact is we don't really know how much Shanny offered to Bolland. If he offered $3.75M per, then you can argue that IS a good move. Now, I also think Shanny offered closer to $5M than $3.75M, but since we don't know for sure how much he offered, I will give him the benefit of doubt.

Artnes
07-17-2014, 07:46 PM
Didn't Bollands agent say the gap was around 800k from what he got in Florida?

Leafin'
07-17-2014, 07:50 PM
4.2 for Bolland is not that bad of a deal.

Holland at 800k or whatever though>>>>

LeafOfFaith
07-17-2014, 08:40 PM
Bolland's making $5.5M.

Still just as insane as the first time I heard it.

leafman101
07-17-2014, 08:54 PM
Its all rumours but I think his agent also said that the Leafs never even came in with a serious offer until the 11th hour and it wasn't in the same ballpark as Florida. It really didn't seem like they were all that interested other than from the Toronto media. It wouldn't have been very hard to keep him here.

Bleedsblue&white
07-17-2014, 09:06 PM
I feel like firing a coach with such disastrous results last year, that you publicly acknowledge needs to overhaul his entire system, and who has stated he has no idea what really went wrong isn't exactly gun-slinging.

I'm talking about everyone including Nonis.

LeafOfFaith
07-17-2014, 09:20 PM
Nobody was touching that ridiculous deal.

Toronto just did him a favor by making it seem like they would, which enabled him to rape Florida's poor butthole.

hockeylover
07-17-2014, 10:45 PM
Didn't Bollands agent say the gap was around 800k from what he got in Florida?

Yes.

In regards to former Leaf Dave Bolland, Toronto did not make an offer even close to the one he accepted from the Florida Panthers until the eleventh hour, according to Bolland’s agent Anton Thun.

“We had indicated to the Leafs from day one when the negotiations started that he was very interested in being with the Leafs and that he would accept a big discount on what we believed the market was to be a Leaf .” Thun said on Sportsnet FAN 590’s Prime Time Sports on Monday. “But we never got to that point.”

Thun indicated that the Leafs offer was “not literally close in any way, shape or form until Noon on July 1” and that the Panther’s offer(5 years, $27.5 Million) was $800,000 better per season than Toronto’s final offer, because of no state taxes in Florida, which would put the Leafs offer at less than $5 Million annually.

number17
07-18-2014, 10:45 AM
Yes.

In regards to former Leaf Dave Bolland, Toronto did not make an offer even close to the one he accepted from the Florida Panthers until the eleventh hour, according to Bolland’s agent Anton Thun.

“We had indicated to the Leafs from day one when the negotiations started that he was very interested in being with the Leafs and that he would accept a big discount on what we believed the market was to be a Leaf .” Thun said on Sportsnet FAN 590’s Prime Time Sports on Monday. “But we never got to that point.”

Thun indicated that the Leafs offer was “not literally close in any way, shape or form until Noon on July 1” and that the Panther’s offer(5 years, $27.5 Million) was $800,000 better per season than Toronto’s final offer, because of no state taxes in Florida, which would put the Leafs offer at less than $5 Million annually.
Which is still way, way too much. Bolland's final contract was $5.5M per, this means Toronto offered $4.7M per in the '11th hour final offer'.

Thank God for Tallon.

Can you imagine tieing up $4.7M per season on a 3rd liner who averages 50 games per season (and this is taking into consideration the shortened season, where he played 35 of 48 games, equivalent to 60 games in a regular 82 games season), and 25 points per season????

We have 1 Clarkson already, we don't need another Clarkson who can't even play close to 70 games.

leafman101
07-18-2014, 10:51 AM
But he doesn't mention years or anything. Just that they never even got to the point of discussing a home town discount and the Leafs never even really made legitimate attempt to sign him until the last second.

It doesn't make it sound like the Leafs were too interested.

zeke
07-18-2014, 10:54 AM
I'm actually still kind of shocked we didn't sign him.

I was resigned to the fact we were signing him again months ago, just like i knew we were signing clarkson a year before we did.

hockeylover
07-18-2014, 12:09 PM
But he doesn't mention years or anything. Just that they never even got to the point of discussing a home town discount and the Leafs never even really made legitimate attempt to sign him until the last second.

It doesn't make it sound like the Leafs were too interested.

Dreger was saying 5 years, 4.75 million IIRC.

But it doesn't seem like you want to believe that Shanahan really wanted him. Even though he told us he did.

leafman101
07-18-2014, 12:10 PM
Well I know he said that, but the agent is saying they didn't even make a serious offer till the last second and even then it wasn't even close.

That's not how you go hard after a free agent. He said it, but he didn't act like it. You know what they say about actions and words.

And that comes straight from the agents mouth, not Dreger.

You can't deny that Shany publicly saying they really want him, and then privately not offering a competitive deal ever aren't perfectly aligned.

hockeylover
07-18-2014, 12:12 PM
Well I know he said that, but the agent is saying they didn't even make a serious offer till the last second and even then it wasn't even close.

That's not how you go hard after a free agent. He said it, but he didn't act like it. Actions > words.

See, to me, 4.75 for 5 years for a Bolland is still pretty stupid and does make it seem like they wanted him - even if they didn't completely lose their minds like Florida.

leafman101
07-18-2014, 12:13 PM
IF they did offer that they knew they wouldn't get him for that.

Pucklosopher
07-18-2014, 12:14 PM
At the end of the day, Nonahan did well in free-agency, and anything else is speculation. When's the last Leafs offseason you could say that about?

Metalleaf
07-21-2014, 11:01 AM
@TorontoMarlies: News: #Marlies have signed 2013-14 ECHL MVP Mickey Lang to a 1-year #AHL contract. #MarliesLive http://t.co/u5qkj7o7s5

LeafGm
07-21-2014, 11:04 AM
"Mickey Lang". That just sounds like the perfect name for a minor-league star.

He was also born in Reno, Nevada, and he's a massive 5'9", 185lbs.

number17
07-21-2014, 11:58 AM
Who're our goalies at the Marlies next season? Sparks is our starter? last season we built our successful season on solid goaltending by McINtyre ... I don't think Sparks is ready to play 60+ games at the AHL yet.

zeke
07-21-2014, 12:04 PM
I'm pretty high on Sparks after his season last year. He surprised me.

And Bibeau is a late '94 baby so he's actually AHL eligible this year.

Sparks/Gibson/Bibeau is likely the trio of AHL/ECHL goalies we run with this year, and I like'em all.

Sparks (20): AHL - 21gms, .915sv% / ECHL - 10gms, .916sv%
Sparks (19): OHL - 60gms, .917sv% / AHL - 3gms, .895sv%
Sparks (18): OHL - 59gms, .907sv%
Sparks (17): OHL - 19gms, .890sv%

we may be sleeping on this kid. His track record is starting to look pretty damn good.

LeafGm
07-21-2014, 12:07 PM
Who're our goalies at the Marlies next season? Sparks is our starter? last season we built our successful season on solid goaltending by McINtyre ... I don't think Sparks is ready to play 60+ games at the AHL yet.
MacIntyre was a good stop-gap, but I'll be much happier seeing actual prospects getting starts than a 30 year-old minor-pro journeyman, even if they aren't as good at first.

number17
07-21-2014, 12:13 PM
Not saying we should re-sign MacIntyre ... he's a stop-gap yes, and he got himself a shot at the NHL, good for him, let him move on.

But I am not 100% comfortable leaving the net to 3 young kids, all of them haven't been a starter at the AHL level ... we might need some veteran help, even as another stop-gap ... there are plenty of prospects we'll be developing in the Marlies next season (McKegg, Finn, Brown, etc etc possibly Nylander too) ... you want stable goaltending for the team.

LeafGm
07-21-2014, 12:21 PM
If none of Bibeau, Sparks or Gibson can get the job done for the Marlies, there's never any shortage of Drew MacIntyres sitting out there, waiting for a contract offer.

Metalleaf
07-21-2014, 12:21 PM
"I want to develop our kids, but I don't want to give them playing time"

zeke
07-21-2014, 12:23 PM
I was a little annoyed they didn't give Sparks some playoff experience last year, to be honest.

number17
07-21-2014, 02:08 PM
"I want to develop our kids, but I don't want to give them playing time"Is it really that difficult to understand you give what the kids to handle at each stage of their development to develop them properly?

Otherwise why not just throw all of Finn, McKegg, Nylander, Brown, Sparks ... etc into the NHL?

And Sparks may be able to take over as Marlies' starter next season, who knows? But if he can't, like he couldn't last season, what's your contingency plan? We don't have a MacIntyre signed today ... THAT's my question. I don't care how many games the Marlies wins or losses necessarily, but if you try to develop your prospect F's and D's with suspect goaltending, good luck.

MindzEye
07-21-2014, 02:16 PM
Is it really that difficult to understand you give what the kids to handle at each stage of their development to develop them properly?

Not at all...I guess my question though is that if Sparks was ready for 30 professional games last year and played well. Why isn't he ready for 40-50 this season?

number17
07-21-2014, 02:33 PM
Not at all...I guess my question though is that if Sparks was ready for 30 professional games last year and played well. Why isn't he ready for 40-50 this season?Problem is "30 professional games" is a nice disguise for the fact he started with the Marlies, struggled so bad he was sent to the ECHL, and then ended up playing 21 games in the AHL last season.

From 21 to 60 is a stretch. I'm not saying he can't do it, but it'd be foolish to assume he does with no contingency plan.

leafman101
07-21-2014, 02:35 PM
If it were only Sparks I would agree, but Gibson also put up solid numbers in the AHL last year and Bibeau had a great year in junior.

You'd think one of those guys could take their reins. But if they can't, yeah its bad and they'd have to find another goalie.

number17
07-21-2014, 02:40 PM
If it were only Sparks I would agree, but Gibson also put up solid numbers in the AHL last year and Bibeau had a great year in junior.

You'd think one of those guys could take their reins. But if they can't, yeah its bad and they'd have to find another goalie.Gibson played 12 games for the Marlies last season, Bibeau is a 20 year old who hasn't played any professional hockey.

And they MAY indeed take the bull by the horn and run with it, but none of the 3 is a solid projection to be #1 this season ... thus the question.

MindzEye
07-21-2014, 02:41 PM
Problem is "30 professional games" is a nice disguise for the fact he started with the Marlies, struggled so bad he was sent to the ECHL, and then ended up playing 21 games in the AHL last season.

From 21 to 60 is a stretch. I'm not saying he can't do it, but it'd be foolish to assume he does with no contingency plan.

But finished the season with a .915sv% in the AHL. Clearly ready for more work.

zeke
07-21-2014, 02:42 PM
he started with the Marlies, struggled so bad he was sent to the ECHL,

you're talking about his first 3gms here, for the record.

MindzEye
07-21-2014, 02:43 PM

You'd think one of those guys could take their reins. But if they can't, yeah its bad and they'd have to find another goalie.

It is not hard to find a 30 yr old non NHL calibre professional goaltender. At the minimum, you start the season by letting the kids run with it. If all of them falter, go out and make a move for bring in a Drew McIntyre type.

leafman101
07-21-2014, 02:43 PM
Gibson played 12 games for the Marlies last season, Bibeau is a 20 year old who hasn't played any professional hockey.

And they MAY indeed take the bull by the horn and run with it, but none of the 3 is a solid projection to be #1 this season ... thus the question.

None of them have to be a #1 though. If all 3 can play 20-30 solid games that is good enough.

If one of them can separate themselves that would be great.

LeafGm
07-21-2014, 02:44 PM
Contingency plan? Are you serious number17? Finding some shmuck veteran goalie with minor-pro experience is the easiest thing in the world to do. We signed MacIntyre himself late in the 2012/13 season when the need arose.

There is absolutely no need or benefit to having one of these guys under contract before the season, and before we see what the kids can do in net.

BG
07-21-2014, 04:15 PM
These goalies are all out there, playing in the lesser leagues. All it takes is for MLSE to open their wallets (MacIntyre made $250k AHL salary last season) and they'll be lined up.

Metalleaf
01-20-2015, 12:12 PM
@KyleTheReporter: Dineen says Nylander will make Marlies debut on LW, most likely with McKegg C Abbott RW.

hockeylover
01-20-2015, 12:13 PM
Wing huh?

zeke
01-20-2015, 12:32 PM
hate this org so much.

MindzEye
01-20-2015, 12:33 PM
Ease him in I would imagine. At least I hope. If he has a chance to develop as a Centre, you have to hope that every effort would be taken. He sure looks like a natural Centre from what I've seen of him

hockeylover
01-20-2015, 12:41 PM
I don't get it. You've had him playing with MODO as a C all year, he's had one of the best U19 SHL seasons EVER, then you bring him here and switch him to wing for... what reason exactly?

Killer93
01-20-2015, 12:43 PM
The Toronto Maple Leafs

leafman101
01-20-2015, 12:48 PM
Less responsibility, less pressure. Its not condemning him to the wing the rest of his career. Kadri started on the wing too and it didn't prevent him from becoming a center.

hockeylover
01-20-2015, 12:53 PM
Less responsibility, less pressure. Its not condemning him to the wing the rest of his career. Kadri started on the wing too and it didn't prevent him from becoming a center.

He's been playing #1C with MODO all year though. I don't really see a reason to move him around at all. Especially with the rest of the Cs in that lineup.

leafman101
01-20-2015, 12:55 PM
In theory this is a level up from the SHL. The reason is there is less responsibility and pressure. They are taking a patient approach with all the kids.

leafman101
01-20-2015, 12:56 PM
Its his first NA pro game. I really don't think its all that important of a decision.

number17
01-20-2015, 01:23 PM
I don't have a HUGE issue with NYlande starting on the wing ... but wouldn't be be much better off playing with more talented players like Brown? Isn't McKegg the 2nd line?

Wayward DP
01-20-2015, 01:31 PM
I'd like to see him get a shot as a C at the very least.

LeafGm
01-20-2015, 01:43 PM
Putting Nylander on the wing is a pretty weird decision. Both because he's already been playing center all year, and because the Marlies' current crop of centers blow. I mean...Greg McKegg, Sam Carrick, Ryan Rupert and Byron Froese are the Marlies' current top-4 centers...and we're playing one of the SHL's best centers in the wing?

Hopefully this is a really short-term, "earn your way up the lineup" type move by Dineen.

hockeylover
01-20-2015, 01:48 PM
Putting Nylander on the wing is a pretty weird decision. Both because he's already been playing center all year, and because the Marlies' current crop of centers blow. I mean...Greg McKegg, Sam Carrick, Ryan Rupert and Byron Froese are the Marlies' current top-4 centers...and we're playing one of the SHL's best centers in the wing?

Hopefully this is a really short-term, "earn your way up the lineup" type move by Dineen.

Yup, yup to all of this.

Wayward DP
01-20-2015, 01:48 PM
Yeah, there's not really any other explanation that would be satisfactory.

Metalleaf
01-29-2015, 04:07 PM
AHL announced some rather large changes that will effect the travel schedule for the teams and scouts alike, as well as the Marlies.

http://theahl.com/ahl-approves-formation-of-pacific-division-p196033

AHL approves formation of Pacific Division
January 29, 2015

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... American Hockey League President and CEO David Andrews announced today that the league’s Board of Governors has formally and unanimously approved the steps necessary to create a Pacific Division within the AHL beginning with the 2015-16 season.

The Board has approved the following:

• The Anaheim Ducks will purchase the Norfolk Admirals AHL franchise and will relocate it from Norfolk, Va., to San Diego, Calif.

• The AHL franchise owned by the Calgary Flames will relocate from Glens Falls, N.Y., to Stockton, Calif.

• The AHL franchise owned by the Edmonton Oilers will relocate from Oklahoma City, Okla., to Bakersfield, Calif.

• The AHL franchise owned by the Los Angeles Kings will relocate from Manchester, N.H., to Ontario, Calif.

• The AHL franchise owned by the San Jose Sharks will relocate from Worcester, Mass., to San Jose, Calif.

Full division alignments and schedule formats for the 2015-16 season will be determined by the Board of Governors at a later date.

Deckie007
01-29-2015, 04:17 PM
Makes a tonne of sense. Having your farm team across the continent was silly for the West Coast teams.

Leafin'
01-29-2015, 04:49 PM
• The AHL franchise owned by the Los Angeles Kings will relocate from Manchester, N.H., to Ontario, Calif.

Somewhere Mike Richards breathed a giant sigh of relief.

Metalleaf
01-29-2015, 05:42 PM

Won't happen til next year, so he's stuck in New Hampshire for a while yet.

Leafin'
01-29-2015, 05:50 PM
Not a bad gig, 5 mil to coast around the AHL while living it up in California.

LeafOfFaith
01-29-2015, 05:58 PM

Ontario is a hellhole. And quite a drive from LA, or Manhattan Beach, where he probably lives.

Still.

Leafin'
01-29-2015, 07:08 PM
5.5 million bucks says that long drive doesnt seem so long when its in a Ferrari.

Deckie007
01-31-2015, 03:25 PM
Connor Brown with a sweet pass to Brodie for the goal. 1-0 Marlies.

Deckie007
01-31-2015, 05:37 PM
Marlies lose 3-2 in OT. Nylander line looked good in OT, but couldn't score and Loov got caught trying to keep the puck in which led to a 3 on 1 rush for the winning goal.

Metalleaf
01-31-2015, 05:44 PM
The Nylander Honeymoon is over...the attendance boost he brought ended.

Metalleaf
01-31-2015, 06:20 PM
Kyle Cicerella
Dineen says Percy still suffering from upper body injury. No specifics but not concussion. Can't give a time line for a return yet

The kid can't stay healthy this year.

number17
01-31-2015, 11:36 PM
Doesn't seem like it's this year either ... I remember going to Mississauga to watch him play the year after he was drafted and he was out because of a long injury too ...

hockeyman91
02-01-2015, 01:10 AM
Teeds?

MindzEye
02-01-2015, 08:00 AM
Teeds?

Your posting style is similar to a subdued...very subdued version of a former board member who was somewhat of a local celebrity for his....well...eccentricities.

Some of the members think that you're an alt account of his. If you're not actually him, take it as a compliment. He was well liked in his more lucid periods.

Killer93
02-01-2015, 10:02 AM
William Nylander and Connor Brown, 2 reasons to go see the Marlies if your looking for Leafs optimism. Both could make an impact next year with us, hence why I would love to dump Bozak and Lupul.

MindzEye
02-01-2015, 10:23 AM
William Nylander and Connor Brown, 2 reasons to go see the Marlies if your looking for Leafs optimism. Both could make an impact next year with us, hence why I would love to dump Bozak and Lupul.

I'd look really hard into a Lupul for Berglund trade. His 5 on 5 P/60 is in the same range as Holland and Bozak, so it's not like we would be losing anything offensively. He's a possession beast, has shown the ability to put up 40-50 points in a season, is still only 26. His contract is only 2 more years after this at 3.7, so there's some cap savings as well. If he puts it all together with more minutes and better line mates, maybe we have a pretty ideal #2C behind Kadri, even if not as his contract winds down he becomes a pretty valuable trade chip as an in prime #2B or #3A type centre for a good team loading up for a playoff run. Definitely the type of guy that has landed a 1st at deadline day in the past.

As for Bozak, yeah, I'd like to see him go, and preferably to someone who is fooled by his raw offensive totals and thinks he can be a good #2 centre for them. No idea where though, unlike Lupul, there haven't been any reported rumblings about him being shopped to a specific destination.

hockeyman91
02-01-2015, 12:39 PM
Well why is teeds not here then?

Deckie007
02-01-2015, 01:18 PM

I wasn't sure that Brown would end up being anything, but you really notice him on the ice. He's very offensively gifted and a better skater than I thought.

MindzEye
02-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Well why is teeds not here then?

Because his lucid periods became few and far between.

hockeyman91
02-01-2015, 04:07 PM
By the way, was anyone else impressed with Connor Brown's goal? Thought it showed some real flash and drive myself.