• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rules Discussion - Minimum # Games Played

soco22

Honestly, can't remember where we left off with this.

Was it something like 70 games for position player slot with 0.5pt/game added if under?

And for goalies was 70 games between two goalies with 0.65pt/game added (goalies earn more per game),

Thoughts?

This is where we left off previously. Don't think we specified making goalies total more, but it is worth considering.

--- Either 70 or 72 GP Minimum, 0.55 points per game.

Whatever is decided on, I hope it's a system that rectifies those that try being punished for it, and those that intentionally tank, being rewarded for it.

Sucks seeing lower level teams have owners that try all year, altering their lineups week to week, etc....only to be given a considerably worse draft a lot than a manager who has a better squad and just tanked or even worse, intentionally f*cked up his lineup to nosedive in the standings.

Whatever is decided on, I hope it's a system that rectifies those that try being punished for it, and those that intentionally tank, being rewarded for it.

Sucks seeing lower level teams have owners that try all year, altering their lineups week to week, etc....only to be given a considerably worse draft a lot than a manager who has a better squad and just tanked or even worse, intentionally f*cked up his lineup to nosedive in the standings.

So....Jays has been playing with 7 active wingers since the Dec 15 lineup period and a minor league player in an active slot since Jan 20, resulting in a major nosedive down the standings into 6th place, perilously close to having his traded pick protected. Coincidence? Not ****ing likely. This shit better be enforced.

If he's selling the farm to rebuild...would think he wouldn't want his unprotected pick in play next year tho...might be a honest mistake as its already protected for Mcdavid in this draft.

So....Jays has been playing with 7 active wingers since the Dec 15 lineup period and a minor league player in an active slot since Jan 20, resulting in a major nosedive down the standings into 6th place, perilously close to having his traded pick protected. Coincidence? Not ****ing likely. This shit better be enforced.

Not sure what you're so paranoid about. I wasn't even aware of that fact, and any points missed would have been extremely minimal regardless. I sat several wingers that ended up on IR and they came back without me realizing. I didn't have enough guys to fill the slots when Sharp went down.

There is zero grand conspiracy afoot here. I've ALWAYS played my best roster in this league, even when I had no shot at winning, which is more than quite a few GM's involved can say.

And what minor league player are you referring to? Ehrhoff isn't listed on IR for some reason despite being out indefinitely, so I called up Petrovic, who IS on the Panthers right now.

Trochek bro...

and Ehrhoff isn't listed on the IR because the Penguins haven't put him on the IR. I had the same thing happen to me earlier this season when Polak was out. Leafs kept him on the active roster for 2-3 ****ing weeks for some reason. Sometimes we're at the mercy of the NHL clubs roster management games.

Not sure what you're so paranoid about. I wasn't even aware of that fact, and any points missed would have been extremely minimal regardless. I sat several wingers that ended up on IR and they came back without me realizing. I didn't have enough guys to fill the slots when Sharp went down.

There is zero grand conspiracy afoot here. I've ALWAYS played my best roster in this league, even when I had no shot at winning, which is more than quite a few GM's involved can say.

And what minor league player are you referring to? Ehrhoff isn't listed on IR for some reason despite being out indefinitely, so I called up Petrovic, who IS on the Panthers right now.

Trochek has been in the minors since Jan 20, but is still on your active roster a month later.

Trocheck has been recalled and sent down half a dozen times this year. I literally had no clue that he wasn't on Florida at the moment. I can add a waiver wire centre or recall Tierney (whose also been yo-yo'ed) if it's a big problem?

Edit: called up Tierney. Fixed.

You should probably get used to the reality of not having my first this year though. Especially with three of my defenders on IR right now.

For me it isn't even so much about who's doing it now, or publicly shaming people for having done it......you look around the league and a f*ckton of people have done it every season in various ways or another. (myself included in baseball).

It's more about us collectively getting off our lazy asses and coming up with a worthwhile solution to solving the issue (and instituting it!) so that when people do it....it's of zero benefit to them.

We've had worthwhile solutions put on the table for over a year ago now......but we just kind of let it die on the vine. So now this season we continue to see the issue play out over and over......and it will continue to, unless we all decide on a solution to combat it, vote on instituting it, and then put it in place.

There's no one to blame but ourselves when it comes to people tanking.....because we left the door wide open, for them to do so.

Last edited:
Not to my knowledge. Don't recall us having a vote or anything.

First two posts of this thread, make it seem as though no ruling was officially made. If anyone has a link to where a rule was officially made though, definitely link to it.

I may not say this enough, but I heart you.

1. Top-up minutes with Minimum GP per position: We have discussed this issue multiple times and the last time it came up, were looking at 70-72 GP min for skaters, with a top-up of 0.55 PPG. There was some question regarding whether this same # should apply to the goalie position. Also a suggestion of ranking lottery teams by fantasy points per game instead. We can continue to discuss this last suggestion if people wish to do so, I would like to prevent over-complicating the situation and I seem to recall this coming up once before, and there being a good reason why this wasn't the best solution.

At this point, I will say that the rule will officially change to a minimum GP of 70 for both skaters and goalies with a top-up total of 0.55 points per game. We can try it for a season and then tweak it if need be. If people want to modify the numbers overall, or for goalies specifically, or consider Mindz' suggestion instead, there is nothing preventing us from further discussion. But barring any further discussion and agreement to modify the rule, this is official.

Really.... both should be more than .55
Skaters should be .65
Goalies .75

I guess we'll see how this turns out this season and maybe we increase it for next year.

Agreed. We should come to a reasonable agreement on what a "replacement level" player is worth and go with that. Based on what is existing on the waiver wire, that's between .6 & .68 depending on position so yeah, I think .65 is about right though I think adjustments to that could be made each year based on what is in the waiver wire at the time of the adjustment.

Really.... both should be more than .55
Skaters should be .65
Goalies .75

I guess we'll see how this turns out this season and maybe we increase it for next year.

are there many playable goalies below 1.0? .75 still seems low.

Back