PDA

View Full Version : Live Draft - SUNDAY, AUGUST 24 - 9:00pm EST

axlsalinger
08-19-2014, 01:38 PM
Hey folks. A heads up that the live draft to fill out our rosters is currently scheduled for:

SUNDAY, AUGUST 24, 9:00pm EST

axlsalinger
08-19-2014, 01:45 PM
Also, an important notice about rookie keepers. The move to Fantrax has enabled us to add "Minor League" roster spots, which caused us a lot of problems in Flea Flicker. However, since we do not have the premium service (which costs money), we cannot set parameters on minors eligibility. So we need to work on the honour system with regard to league rules.

- Teams can move their rookie keepers from an active slot, to a reserve slot, or to a minors slot, (and back and forth), at any time.
- Only drafted rookies can be placed in the minors. This includes protected players you add in a trade, but does not include free agents. For example, let's say you drafted Joe Blow (QB) in the rookie draft. He can be placed in a Minors slot at any time this season, and over the following 2 seasons as well. If you trade Joe Blow to Team B, they can continue to use them in a minor league slot for the remainder of his rookie eligibility. Let's say you then pick up John Q. Public (WR) as a free agent, and he becomes a star in his rookie season. At no point would you be able to place John Q. Public in the minors. At the end of this season, you would need to use one of your 5 keepers to retain his rights into next season.
- Rookies can be protected for 3 seasons. After 3 years, you must use one of your 5 keepers to keep that player, or release them back into the player pool.

*** DO NOT ABUSE the minor league system. Abuse may result in the loss of a future draft pick. As well as a boot to the head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5kGUW6M7W0

axlsalinger
08-19-2014, 01:49 PM
COMPLETE LIST OF PLAYERS WITH MINOR LEAGUE ELIGIBILITY:

2014 DRAFT

ROUND ONE:

1. Kritter: Sammy Watkins
2. Alphabits: Brandin Cooks
3. Killersweet: Mike Evans
4. Neal4Real: Kelvin Benjamin
5. Habsy: Bishop Sankey
6. Toberone: Johnny Manziel
7. Deckie: Teddy Bridgewater
8. Leafman101: Carlos Hyde
9. Habspatrol: Jordan Matthews
10. Jabatchi: Blake Bortles
11. Snagglepuss: Terrance West
12. Axlsalinger: Devonta Freeman

ROUND TWO:

1. Kritter: Eric Ebron
2. Alphabits: Marqise Lee
3. Killersweet: Jeremy Hill
4. Neal4Real: Odell Beckham Jr.
5. Habsy: Allen Robinson
6. Toberone: Andre Williams
7. Deckie: Davante Adams
8. Toberone (from Leafman101): John Brown
9. Habspatrol: Derek Carr
10. Jabatchi: Jace Amaro
11. Neal4Real (from Snagglepuss): Jarvis Landry
12. Axlsalinger: Austin Seferian-Jenkins

2013 DRAFT

Round 1

1. Jacksonville (leaffan2005) - Le'Veon Bell
2. Mongolia (jabatchi) - Giovani Bernard
3. Big Sur (leafman101) Tavon Austin
4. GT Amazon (jove) EJ Manuel
5. Etobicoke (deckie) - Eddie Lacy
6. Alaska (alphabits) - Montee Ball
7. Toronto (toberone) - DeAndre Hopkins
8. Las Vegas (axlsalinger) - Cordarrelle Patterson
9. Port Coquitlam (snaggle) - Tyler Eifert
10. Winnipeg (habspatrol) - Geno Smith
11. Cleveland (junkie) Christine Michael
12. Mongolia (from Van City) - Marcus Lattimore

Round 2

1. Mongolia (jabatchi) - Markus Wheaton
2. GT Amazon (jove) - Justin Hunter
3. Jacksonville (leaffan2005) - Aaron Dobson
4. Big Sur (leafman101) - Quinton Patton
5. Etobicoke (deckie) - Kenbrell Thompkins
6. Alaska (alphabits) - Robert Woods
7. Toronto (toberone) - Zach Ertz
8. Las Vegas (axlsalinger) - Keenan Allen
9. Port Coquitlam (snaggle) - Johnathan Franklin
10. Winnipeg (habspatrol) - Andre Ellington
11. Cleveland (junkie) - Joseph Randle
12. Snaggle (from Van City) - Matt Barkley

2012 DRAFT

Round 1

1 Toberone: Andrew Luck (IND-QB)
2 Alphabits: Trent Richardson (CLE-RB)
3 Junkie: Robert Griffin III (WAS-QB)
4 Habspatrol: Doug Martin (TB-RB)
5 Neal4Real: Justin Blackmon (JAC-WR)
6 Habspatrol (via Cheech): David Wilson (NYG-RB)
7 Julius22: Michael Floyd (ARI-WR)
8 Toberone (via gdoukas): Ronnie Hillman (DEN-RB)
9 leaffan2005: Kendall Wright (TEN-WR)
10 cheetos: Coby Fleener (IND-TE)
11 axlsalinger: Ryan Tannehill (MIA-QB)
12 Toberone (via Snaggle): Brian Quick (STL-WR)

Round 2

13 leaffan2005 (via Toberone): Isaiah Pead (RB)
14 Snaggle (via Habspatrol): Alshon Jeffrey (CHI-WR)
15 Junkie: Stephen Hill (NYJ-WR)
16 Alphabits: Brandon Weeden (CLE-QB)
17 Neal4Real: Mohamed Sanu (CIN-WR)
18 Cheech: Lamar Miller
19 Julius22: Josh Gordon
20 gdoukas: Rueben Randle (NYG-WR)
21 leaffan2005: Russell Wilson (QB)
22 cheetos: LaMichael James (RB)
23 axlsalinger: Robert Turbin (SEA-RB)
24 Snaggle: Ryan Broyles (DET-WR)

axlsalinger
08-19-2014, 03:22 PM
There are 19 roster spots, each team has 5 regular keepers. As a result, we have set the draft to be 14 rounds long. However, most teams have rookie keepers they will be using in active slots. Teams may want to put these guys into minors slots until after the draft, then drop whoever you need to in order to activate your rookies.

Kritter
08-19-2014, 07:36 PM
I am going to be on my way to Charlottetown sunday night. I should be there and set up and ready to go for it.

Neal4Real
08-20-2014, 01:46 AM
Hey guys, I have a flight at 7:15 PST but I have to be at the airport for 6. Is there any way we can move the time...

axlsalinger
08-20-2014, 03:08 AM
I guess you'd want it to be earlier then? There was another team that said they could only make it after 9:30pm EST, I think. We can see if they would be able to do it any earlier. But I don't know that we can find a time that will work for everyone.

Habsy
08-20-2014, 08:28 AM
I'm good anytime this weekend just let me know. Most nights during the week work for me as well.

Kritter
08-20-2014, 08:46 AM
I guess you'd want it to be earlier then? There was another team that said they could only make it after 9:30pm EST, I think. We can see if they would be able to do it any earlier. But I don't know that we can find a time that will work for everyone.

Live drafts are tough

Habspatrol
08-20-2014, 08:50 AM
Hey guys, I have a flight at 7:15 PST but I have to be at the airport for 6. Is there any way we can move the time...

Gives you something to do in the airport.

Killersweet
08-20-2014, 08:51 AM
I am good with any day as long as it is past 9 PM.

Killersweet
08-20-2014, 08:52 AM
Just wondering, why we didn't do an offline draft?

Habsy
08-20-2014, 08:54 AM
Usually takes forever to complete an offline draft.

Neal4Real
08-20-2014, 09:54 AM
Even a half hour earlier would help. That way I can use the WIFI at the airport.

SnagglepussLuvHabs
08-20-2014, 10:42 AM
Just trade me your first 4 picks, then you don't have to worry about it Neal

leafman101
08-20-2014, 10:59 AM
If we don't have a big enough time period that everyone is around we could always start/finish the draft offline and just power through as much as possible when everyone is online Sunday night.

Killersweet
08-20-2014, 11:32 AM
Usually takes forever to complete an offline draft.

When we did the draft with the other forum (axl, deck, habs) all part of, the draft was done in a week. We still got 3 weeks till the season starts. If people commit, I think off line draft is possible. Also our Rookie draft here was done pretty quickly.

Habspatrol
08-20-2014, 12:00 PM
If we don't have a big enough time period that everyone is around we could always start/finish the draft offline and just power through as much as possible when everyone is online Sunday night.

Yeah we did this one year.

Plus I think with the group we have now there could be a lot less waiting. I prefer offline, especially when you have a good group of managers.

Habspatrol
08-20-2014, 12:02 PM
When we did the draft with the other forum (axl, deck, habs) all part of, the draft was done in a week. We still got 3 weeks till the season starts. If people commit, I think off line draft is possible. Also our Rookie draft here was done pretty quickly.

Yeah we have a group of mostly really active guys here now... and even the "lesser" active guys aren't bad at all.

SnagglepussLuvHabs
08-20-2014, 12:22 PM
I'm ok with offline - We did offline last year for the first 4 or 5 rounds then went live to finish it off on the weekend before the reg season (I think)

Killersweet
08-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Yeah we have a group of mostly really active guys here now... and even the "lesser" active guys aren't bad at all.
Yea, seems like a good group here. Honestly I prefer off line drafts. After having off line drafts with you guys, I really hate the live draft in my other leagues. With off line drafts, people get to think and make picks, making the teams much more even and competitive. I find the live drafts to be very hasty at times. Also couple of people miss the draft and things get wacky.

axlsalinger
08-20-2014, 01:46 PM
The offline draft works quite well in that league. In general though, I prefer live drafts. They're fun and you get it done in one shot. We tried going offline draft last year and it didn't work out very well. We could try it, I suppose.

We could move the live draft up half an hour, but I'm pretty sure somebody said they can't start until after 9:30. Checking the threads, I think it was Toberone. I'll send him a pm.

Neal, what device would you be using wifi on, and have you ever tried doing a live draft on that device? Might be a good idea to test it somehow on Fantrax, as some drafts use a program (Java?) that doesn't work on certain mobile devices.

Habsy
08-20-2014, 01:52 PM
I prefer live draft for the record. I'd rather take the hour or two and get it done.

Neal4Real
08-20-2014, 02:20 PM
I would totally go for offline because guys are checking in all the time. It's not like last year, these new owners are here to play.

Neal4Real
08-20-2014, 02:22 PM
I'm almost nervous about the new guys entering they all know their sh*t.

Habsy
08-20-2014, 02:30 PM
We've all been in leagues for years man. Like everyone here, I've won some too.

Makes the league awesome.

BTW, I'm down for throwing in $5 each to get the winner a shirt/trophy/whatever. We can get personalized football jersey's from a site I know. Usually run only $50 or so plus shipping.

Winner can take a picture of himself in it and flip off the other owners.

:)

SnagglepussLuvHabs
08-20-2014, 02:31 PM
Fantrax works great on iphone and android in my experience

Neal4Real
08-20-2014, 02:59 PM
I'm in for offline and online with a 9 pm EST start. I'll try using my phone for a test draft and let you know.

Habsy
08-20-2014, 03:00 PM
That's past my bedtime.

Neal4Real
08-20-2014, 04:20 PM
Okay, its pretty much some want it some don't Axel with your permission can we put this to a vote ?

Killersweet
08-20-2014, 09:48 PM
I am good with either option. I'll go with the majority.

axlsalinger
08-21-2014, 03:40 AM
Okay, its pretty much some want it some don't Axel with your permission can we put this to a vote ?

I put up a poll thread. There is still possibly the option of moving the draft up, Toberone hasn't answered me yet (he had initially requested after 9:30pm EST). If he's cool with it, anyone have a problem with 8:30pm EST or 9:00pm EST?

Killersweet
08-21-2014, 08:46 AM
I prefer it at 9.

Habsy
08-21-2014, 09:22 AM
I put up a poll thread. There is still possibly the option of moving the draft up, Toberone hasn't answered me yet (he had initially requested after 9:30pm EST). If he's cool with it, anyone have a problem with 8:30pm EST or 9:00pm EST?

I'm good with either, just nail down the exact time and let me know.

Of course this means I'll have to record Ray Donovan and watch it later.

Toberone
08-21-2014, 12:27 PM
I am ok moving the live draft to 9 pm