• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rosie Story

Yeah ... no. Not buying it, sorry.

There was something going on beyond a guy losing his desire to play.

I think the guys ego was just bruised after not landing an NHL job last year. It can happen to anyone. Some time away probably has given him a new perspective (plus he likely needs a payday) so I assume his motivation will be pretty good this year. While doubtful to play at NHL level again, if he busts his hump in Charlotte and the Canes AHL "prospects" or whatever you want to call the bunch continues to flame out again this year he may get a shot at some point. It isn't like the Canes are loaded with young guys or organizational depth....especially at RW.

Yeah ... no. Not buying it, sorry.

There was something going on beyond a guy losing his desire to play.

I buy it.

So you win a cup with a major 4th line contribution thanks to Laviolette. The owner then fires the SC coach because he's not an @sskisser. Then comes Mo V.2 and Muller who overslot the player and both don't have a clue what they're doing. I can see where frustration can boil over into anger at manglement.

His feelings were hurt when JR told him that he had no intention of offering him a new contract. That's why he stormed off and skipped his exit interview.

But even a "lowly" AHL job beats hanging vinyl siding.

His feelings were hurt when JR told him that he had no intention of offering him a new contract. That's why he stormed off and skipped his exit interview.

So, that's not in this article, but I can't tell if this is projection or it was said somewhere else.

I understand that JR didn't offer him a contract, but I wouldn't have thought he'd have told LaRose that during an ongoing season.

Anyway - good luck to him.

In May, it's reported that LaRose skipped his exit interview.

In early June, Rutherford said he expected ALL of the Canes UFAs to go to the open market. (Corvo, LaRose, Ellis, etc).

On July 5th, Rutherford is quoted as saying that the "door has pretty much closed" referring to his free agents.

It may have been speculation, but it was "said" that Rutherford made it known that he had no intentions of making offers to those guys before the season ended. And a few people speculated that this was the reason why LaRose skipped his exit interview.

Take it how you will. I don't remember the exact "who said" or have any links. But there are quotes out there floating around where LaRose supposedly said he had no intentions of playing for any other team except the Canes, etc. Maybe he was just burned out. Or maybe no one really wanted him? Probably a bit of both. But he went from Rutherford's little buddy, to the doghouse almost overnight.

Reports, speculation, etc here.
http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/canes-changes-to-involve-players-not-staff

http://www.forumice.com/showthread....xit-interview-responses&highlight=larose+exit

JR said a couple of times, that the 3rd and 4th lines would get an overhaul. LaRose was either told, or saw the writing on the wall.

Last edited:
In May, it's reported that LaRose skipped his exit interview.

In early June, Rutherford said he expected ALL of the Canes UFAs to go to the open market. (Corvo, LaRose, Ellis, etc).

On July 5th, Rutherford is quoted as saying that the "door has pretty much closed" referring to his free agents.

It may have been speculation, but it was "said" that Rutherford made it known that he had no intentions of making offers to those guys before the season ended. And a few people speculated that this was the reason why LaRose skipped his exit interview.

Take it how you will. I don't remember the exact "who said" or have any links. But there are quotes out there floating around where LaRose supposedly said he had no intentions of playing for any other team except the Canes, etc. Maybe he was just burned out. Or maybe no one really wanted him? Probably a bit of both. But he went from Rutherford's little buddy, to the doghouse almost overnight.

Reports, speculation, etc here.
http://blogs.newsobserver.com/canes/canes-changes-to-involve-players-not-staff
http://www.forumice.com/showthread....xit-interview-responses&highlight=larose+exit

JR said a couple of times, that the 3rd and 4th lines would get an overhaul. LaRose was either told, or saw the writing on the wall.

Thanks. I have no issue with JR not offering him a contract and I totally get that the "skipping" of the exit interview sealed that if he hadn't already decided.

If LaRose was playing all over the lineup for the last 2 coaches and still was told before the season even ended that he was toast, I could see him skipping the formality (not that I think it was wise, but I understand the emotion).

Well ... carry on then. As everybody knows by now, I see absolutely no purpose in adding another smallish grinding winger to the mix. If we were going to with a camp invite, I'd have preferred somebody with some size. Any size.

Back