PDA

View Full Version : Carter Ashton suspended 20 games for PED's

LeafGm
11-06-2014, 04:16 PM
This is being discussed on the game thread, but I thought a 20-game suspension of a Leaf player merited its own thread.

Ashton's statement:

http://i.imgur.com/w8wGCG4.jpg

KingTucker
11-06-2014, 04:25 PM
Beat me to it. Shanny supports decision, no further comment. Ashton due back Dec. 20.

Artnes
11-06-2014, 04:28 PM
Considering the nature of the incident 20 games is a bit excessive.

Ignorance is no excuse and players should be aware of what they put into their bodies but they really need to start looking at these situations in a case by case basis.

Metalleaf
11-06-2014, 04:31 PM
Ashton should have just smoked someone in the head...he'd have gotten fewer games off. Drugs >> Excessive Violence kids.

Artnes
11-06-2014, 04:33 PM
Body builders and models use this shit to cut for shows and photo shoots

No performance enhancing benefits whatsoever

BeLeafer
11-06-2014, 05:07 PM
If what he says is true and passes the sniff test (pardon the pun), 20 games does seem really excessive. They could easily investigate the veracity of his claim by contacting the athlete who gave it to him and also getting confirmation from a doctor.

TimHorton
11-06-2014, 05:59 PM
No performance enhancing benefits whatsoever

That was evident by his play

hockeylover
11-06-2014, 06:25 PM
Odd choice of drug to prescribe, IMO...

corksens
11-06-2014, 06:28 PM
Yea it's illegal in Canada and the US. The guy was cheating. 20 games is fine.

hockeylover
11-06-2014, 07:41 PM
I just read that again and realized he said he got the mystery inhaler for his asthma from a teammate. That's pretty funny.

LeafGm
11-06-2014, 08:26 PM
If what he says is true and passes the sniff test (pardon the pun), 20 games does seem really excessive. They could easily investigate the veracity of his claim by contacting the athlete who gave it to him and also getting confirmation from a doctor.
I dunno, I think he's doing the right thing by just sucking it up and taking the punishment. It'd be different if he'd just borrowed someone else's puffer and used it once when he was having an asthma attack in the gym. But once he started carrying the thing around with him and using it repeatedly without doing his due diligence, it became a different story entirely.

Artnes
11-06-2014, 08:37 PM
He wasn't cheating. He was ignorant to what he was putting into his body

Clen taken orally has to be in high doses to see the effects for core temperature and heart rate increase

The dose from an inhaler would do nothing but help his asthma

hockeylover
11-06-2014, 08:56 PM
I dunno, I think he's doing the right thing by just sucking it up and taking the punishment. It'd be different if he'd just borrowed someone else's puffer and used it once when he was having an asthma attack in the gym. But once he started carrying the thing around with him and using it repeatedly without doing his due diligence, it became a different story entirely.

Seems entirely sketchy. And it just happens to be a medication not actually routinely prescribed for asthma in most countries...

LeafGm
11-06-2014, 10:04 PM
He wasn't cheating. He was ignorant to what he was putting into his body

Clen taken orally has to be in high doses to see the effects for core temperature and heart rate increase

The dose from an inhaler would do nothing but help his asthma
When you're a professional athlete subject to drug testing, there's no excuse for this.

If it's not a suspension for cheating, then it's a suspension for extreme carelessness and stupidity. Either way, it's on Ashton.

Seems entirely sketchy. And it just happens to be a medication not actually routinely prescribed for asthma in most countries...
It does seem like a pretty creative excuse, doesn't?

Metalleaf
11-07-2014, 12:20 AM
I just read that again and realized he said he got the mystery inhaler for his asthma from a teammate. That's pretty funny.

I didn't know Jose Canseco played hockey...but the dude needs money.

BeLeafer
11-07-2014, 12:21 AM

I didn't see that part of it. That does seem a tad suspect.