• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Ducks VS Coyotes 11-23-2014

Baltic Gal

Ducks VS Coyotes

11/23/2014

In Anaheim, CA

@ 5:00 PM

Preview:

[h=1]Ducks Open Three-Game Homestand Tonight vs. Coyotes[/h]
COYOTES (9-10-2) at DUCKS (12-4-5)

TV: FS-A, FS-W

Tonight's Game: The Ducks (12-4-5, 29 pts.) begin a three-game homestand against the Arizona Coyotes tonight at Honda Center (5 p.m. PST, FOX Sports West/AM 830). The Ducks lead the Western Conference and rank second among NHL teams in overall standings points, have points in nine of their last 10 games (13 pts.) and 29 points in their last 20 (12-3-5). Anaheim leads the league with nine overtime/shootout games in 2014-15. The nine OT/SO contests in the first 21 games ties a 2003-04 franchise record to start a season. The club has also gone beyond regulation in eight of its last 10 games, a franchise first in any 10-game stretch. The Ducks will spend the rest of the month in California, playing three home games and one game in San Jose. In total, Anaheim's eight home games in November match January for the busiest month of the season at Honda Center. Following tonight's game, the Ducks host Calgary on Tuesday, Nov. 25. The homestand concludes with Anaheim's traditional day-after Thanksgiving game on Friday, Nov. 28 vs. Chicago (1 p.m. PST).

Ducks-Coyotes: Anaheim and Arizona continue a five-game season series tonight at Honda Center. The Ducks have earned standings points in six straight games vs. the Coyotes (5-0-1) and own an all-time record of 62-32-17 vs. their Pacific Division rival. The season series opened with a 3-2 shootout win by Arizona on Nov. 7 at Honda Center. That night, Anaheim jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first period on goals by Ryan Getzlaf and Matt Beleskey, their fourth and seventh of the season, respectively. In the opening five minutes of the second, the Coyotes responded with a pair of goals 58 seconds apart to tie the game. After a scoreless third and overtime, Arizona struck twice in the shootout to clinch the second standings point. Frederik Andersen stopped 23-of-25 shots in regulation and overtime in his first shootout loss of the season. With 16-38=54 points in 52 career games, Getzlaf leads the Ducks in career scoring vs. the Coyotes. Tonight's game is Arizona’s final appearance at Honda Center this season. These two teams will meet three times at Gila River Arena on Dec. 27 (5 p.m. PST), Mar. 3 (6 p.m. PST) and Apr. 11 (6 p.m. PDT).

Ducks team scope: Forward Rene Bourque, acquired in a trade with the Montreal Canadiens for defenseman Bryan Allen on Thursday, skated with Patrick Maroon, Ryan Kesler and Kyle Palmieri on Saturday in his first practice with Anaheim. "I think I have a lot left and a lot to give to this team," Bourque said. "I'm looking forward to the opportunity." Montreal assigned the 32-year-old forward to Hamilton of the American Hockey League after he cleared waivers Nov. 10. He was goalless with two assists in 13 games with the Canadiens after scoring eight goals in 17 games in the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs. Coach Bruce Boudreau said following practice it had not been decided whether Bourque will make his Anaheim debut against Arizona. "Sometimes a guy comes in and you want him to see a few practices before he jumps in,” said Boudreau. “For some guys, it’s a necessity to throw him right in. We’re still in discussions.”

Coyotes team scope: Arizona has split the first two of its three-game road trip following a 4-3 shootout win against the San Jose Sharks on Saturday. Antoine Vermette scored a power-play goal in the first period, then beat Sharks goalie Antti Niemi for the lone goal in the tiebreaker. Backup goalie Devan Dubnyk made 40 saves through overtime before turning aside all three Sharks shooters. San Jose rallied to tie the game after falling behind 2-0 and 3-2. "Good teams, that's what they do; they push back, they find a way to generate some energy and goals, like [the Sharks] did," Vermette said. "But we stuck with it, we came back. I thought [Shane Doan's goal early in the third period], it was a big goal for us. It was big momentum for us. We kind of build on it, we had a few strong good shifts before that. In the third, we kept playing our game and we found a way." The Coyotes are 6-5-1 in November after going 2-5-1 in October. After this game, they'll play seven of nine at home, where they are 4-4-1.

h9C979D90

h12EF6FE5

Wow that was one weird goal. Goalie Smith went to play the puck behind the net, fell, then his own player fell on top of him and the Ducks had a wide open empty net.

Good to see Palms getting going. Same with Maroon. 2 assists to Kesler yay!
And a dominating performance so far by the boys.

Scary 2-0 lead though. How many of these have we blown lately? 4 or 5 I think.

Good to see Palms getting going. Same with Maroon. 2 assists to Kesler yay!
And a dominating performance so far by the boys.

Scary 2-0 lead though. How many of these have we blown lately? 4 or 5 I think.

If we can win without going to a shoot out I'll be surprised. How many of those have we had lately?

Hahaha, 3 weeks! my god!
I can't even remember whom that'd be.
LA and Van wins were shootouts. Other than that, we had lost like 7 in there, 6 in Extra time too.

Back