• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Carolina Hurricanes at Pittsburgh Penguins 11/28/14@7PM

SlapShots

The Carolina Hurricanes finish a five game road trip tonight with the first of a home-and-home against Metro division foes, Pittsburgh Penguins. We'll see Pittsburgh in our barn tomorrow. The Canes have been struggling as of late and are on a three game losing streak. The Penguins have won their last two games and Marc Andre Fleury has just achieved his 300th career win. No word on who will be in net for either team, but it is conceivable that we may see Khudobin start in one of these back-to-back games.

The Hurricanes shared their Thanksgiving meal together in Pittsburgh yesterday while the wives all met at Patrick Dwyer's house for Thanksgiving dinner.

Pittsburgh (32 points) is currently in second place in the east (behind Montreal), first place in the Metro division and third in the league. The Hurricanes (15 points) meanwhile are in 27th place in the league, 14th in conference and in 7th place in the division. In looking at the stats, the Penguins special teams are rocking it-- PP% 33.3 to the Hurricanes respectable improvement of 19.1.

A. Nice avatar pic ...

B. This two-fer could either be fun or really, really ugly. Carolina either plays great against Pittsburgh or the complete opposite. Hopefully they can find a little offense somewhere.

Can't win if we don't score. In the case of the next 2 games, can't win if we can't score at least 3 goals in each game.

Hope Nash is ok Hate him leaving the ice in the last minute. and of course it's Crosby. Not sure how it's not interference (other then it's Crosby).

Tlusty Locks it up 4-2

Jawing with the ref after the game is over? heh... Still it's "something". I'm just glad we beat those flightless birds.

So bets on them laying an egg at home? (that's the pattern right?) /sigh

I
Hope Nash is ok Hate him leaving the ice in the last minute. and of course it's Crosby. Not sure how it's not interference (other then it's Crosby).

Tlusty Locks it up 4-2

Wish someone would beat that sorry excuse of a mustache off her face. Which oddly enough makes her look even more effeminate. If possible.

Kept thinking we looked coherent against the pens. Too bad we can't play them 40 times a year if it focuses our guys like that.

My seventh grade math teacher liked to say that 'if" is the biggest word in English.

We played a really good game after the first 5 minutes or so and the Pens looked like they were kept off-balance the rest of the way. The Pens will be after blood tomorrow - but, oh wait....Crosby already took care of that with Nash.

I wonder how many people show up tonight, expecting more good results, and leave feeling deflated?

Can they really pull off back to back wins against the Pens. the odds are stacked against them.

A back-to-back win would certainly be a bonus.

But what's important is can they play the way they did back-to-back?

And is Crosby truly losing his mind? :sarcasm

My grandmother used to say, were "ifs" and "ands" were pots and pans, the world would be a kitchen.

My favorite: I heard Phil Esposito say this on Home Ice during the Canes' Stanley Cup season when a disgruntled opposing team fan called in complaining about how "if" the refs had done this, or "if" the Canes handn't been so lucky.....Phil stopped him in mid-sentence saying "Yeah, and if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle!"

Back