• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Ducks Vs Predators, 03/15/2015

Baltic Gal

Ducks VS Predators

03/15/2015

In Anaheim,CA

@5:00PM Pacific Time

Preview:

Ducks Host Predators in Battle of Conference Leaders

PREDATORS (43-20-7) at DUCKS (43-20-7)

TV: FS-TN, PRIME

The Latest: The Pacific Division-leading Anaheim Ducks (43-20-7, 93 pts.) open a three-game tonight vs. the Nashville Predators at Honda Center (5 p.m. PDT, PRIME TICKET/AM 830). Co-leading the NHL in standings points with the Rangers, Canadiens and Predators, and co-leading in victories with the Rangers, Canadiens, Predators, Blues and Islanders, the Ducks own the second-most wins through 70 games in franchise history, trailing only the 2013-14 club (45-18-7). Anaheim also has the most standings points (46) and wins (21, tied with 2013-14 club) through 35 road games in team history. The Ducks are 8-4-0 in their last 12 games and have scored 22 third-period goals in those 12 contests (1.8 per game). Anaheim has the top intra-conference record among Western Conference opponents, posting a 29-9-5 mark for a .732 points percentage. The Ducks also rank tied for second in the league in road wins (21) with the Canadiens and rank second in road point percentage (.657), winning six of their last eight away from Honda Center (6-2-0). The current homestand also features visits by Los Angeles on Wednesday (7:30 p.m. PDT) and Colorado on Friday (7 p.m. PDT).

Ducks-Predators: Anaheim and Nashville wrap up a three-game season series tonight at Honda Center. The Ducks have gone 7-1-0 vs. the Predators since the start of the 2012-13 season and own a 34-19-7 record overall since 1998-99. All-time at Honda Center, Anaheim is 21-6-3. This season, the Ducks have earned a 4-3 shootout win on Jan. 4 at Honda Center along with a 5-2 victory on Feb. 5 at Bridgestone Arena. Ryan Getzlaf paces Anaheim skaters in career scoring against the Predators, collecting 36 points (10g/26a) in 31 games.

The Game of One: Anaheim leads the NHL in wins and points percentage (27-1-7, .771) in one-goal games this season. Anaheim is the only NHL team with fewer than three one-goal losses in regulation. The Ducks set an NHL single-season record for most consecutive one-goal games without a regulation loss (33), going 26-0-7 from Oct. 11-Feb. 23. The previous mark was held by the 1979-80 Chicago Blackhawks, who went 11-0-19 in one-goal (or tie) games. The Ducks also set an NHL record for most consecutive home wins by a one-goal margin (discounting losses or ties), with 11 in a row (five regulation, two overtime and four shootouts) from Nov. 12-Jan. 11. Overall, 24 of the club’s last 33 victories have been one-goal games dating to a 1-0 win on Oct. 28 at Chicago, including 12 decided in extra time (five OT, seven SO). The club’s 12 straight wins by one goal from Oct. 28-Dec. 10 were the most in the NHL since Atlanta had 14 in 2010-11. Since the start of the 2012-13 season, the club is 68-7-21 in one-goal games for the NHL's top record by points percentage (.818).

Ducks team scope: It's the first of a three-game homestand for the Ducks, who ended a three-game skid with a 2-1 victory at the Minnesota Wild on Friday. "They always play hard against us," defenseman Francois Beauchemin said of the Predators after an optional practice on Saturday. "I look at the schedule until the end [of the season]; they're always going to be hard teams. Most of them are in the playoffs, top teams as well. It's going to be a physical matchup. That's all I expect, another one-goal game." Forward Jakob Silfverberg has 15 points in his past 21 games. "Lately, I've been getting a lot of confidence from Bruce, been seeing a lot of minutes out there, and that's been helping a lot," said Silfverberg. "It's a lot of fun, and I feel like, as I get the chances, I have a good chance of putting the puck in. I try not to think too much about it. The puck comes right at me, and I don't think I put my stick there, and it goes into the net. A couple more of those bounces, and it could turn out good for coming into the playoffs."

Predators team scope: Nashville is wrapping up a four-game West Coast trip. The Predators have won two of the first three, including a 2-1 win at the Los Angeles Kings on Saturday. Trailing by a goal heading into the third period, forwards Craig Smith and Viktor Stalberg scored 1:06 apart and Pekka Rinne finished with 23 saves for his 200th win. "I thought that defensively, that was one of the better games in a long time," Rinne said. "Everybody knows we've struggled a little bit here, and that was a huge win for us against a really good team." Forward James Neal missed the game Saturday because of an upper-body injury. Neal is day-to-day.

h121F9C8A

h41B24648

Back