• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Sabres Hire Dan Bylsma

SR2007

Rumors are come flying in. Hearing maybe Babcock if he doesn't resign with the Red Wings. Robinson is another rumor. We need a top notch coach so I am hoping for Babcock doesn't resigns with the Red Wings and comes here. We have a some talent in the minors and also some up here in Buffalo.

Re: New Coach

Babcock would be fantastic but it's a stretch, IMO. First, he has to leave Detroit, which has yet to happen. Then we have to convince him to come here. I know money talks but I have a feeling he will want to be competitive right away. Buffalo looks at least a couple years away from that. Although we do have some intriguing pieces set for him. We can pay him, we are going to draft Eichel, and our prospect pool is ranked high in the league.

Todd McLellan is another option, he has been rumored to be a candidate for the job.

Hair is right on with Richardson, the current coach of the Bingo Sens in the AHL. Obvious ties to Murray, he would definitely jump at the chance to coach in the NHL. The question is whether TM wants to use Richardson as his safety blanket should he fail to land a big fish (Babcock, McLellan).

Re: New Coach

They're going to have to throw a lot of money at Babs. If they succeed though that'd be some coup.

Re: Coaching Search Thread

Kind of disappointed about this. Had to believe the cash Pegula was offering was up there with TO. Consider me biased but I believe our prospect pool is much deeper than the Leafs.

Time to move on. Candidates still out there: Deboer, Bylsma, Richardson

I am a little disappointed about this, I thought we had him the way it was sounding yesterday. I wanted Babcock so badly. Sabrenator Julien might be available too he's pretty good. Hopefully the Sabres get a good coach.

Bylsma would be my top choice, followed by Kevin Dineen.

I think Bylsma could do a lot with our young team.

Back