• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Eastern Conference Prediction thread

Atl: Tampa, Florida, Montreal, Buffalo, Detroit, Ottawa, Toronto, Boston
Met: Washington, Pittsburgh, Islanders, Columbus, Rangers, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Carolina.

Atl: Tampa, Florida, Montreal, Buffalo, Detroit, Ottawa, Toronto, Boston
Met: Washington, Pittsburgh, Islanders, Columbus, Rangers, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Carolina.
I like this prediction. Penguinos are going to be fascinating to watch this year. I'm really going to be pulling for kessel.

I think we will be bad. But bad in talent and game breaking terms. I think we'll be better defensively than we've been in years.

1.NY Islanders 2. Tampa Lightning 3.Columbus Blue Jackets 4.New York Rangers 5.Washington 6.Florida Panthers 7.Pittsburgh 8.Detroit

Leafs finish 14th in the conference.

1.NY Islanders 2. Tampa Lightning 3.Columbus Blue Jackets 4.New York Rangers 5.Washington 6.Florida Panthers 7.Pittsburgh 8.Detroit

Leafs finish 14th in the conference.

So Montreal fails to make the playoffs? :lol

You're biased hatred is palpable.

I only think 3 teams from the Atlantic get in.

My top 8 would be:

Washington
Tampa
Pittsburgh
Florida
Montreal
Islanders
Columbus
Rangers

Still a lot of off-season left, but you can probably put the top 10 or so teams in a bucket and pull them out in any order, and that's probably as reasonable guess as any.

I expect Boston, Jersey, Philly, Toronto, Carolina, and Buffalo to be pulling up the rear of the conference, in some order, however I will also say that I'm sure that one of those 6 will be challenging for a playoff spot until very late into the season. The only teams that I would say are "locks" for the playoffs would be Tampa, Montreal, and NYR, although I would be fairly surprised if Washington or the Isles missed out.

Atlantic:
1. Tampa,
2. Montreal
3. Detroit

4. Florida,
5. Ottawa
6. Boston
7. Toronto
8. Buffalo

Metropolitan:
1. Islanders
2. Penguins
3. Rangers

4. Columbus
5. Washington
6. Philly
7. New Jersey
8. Carolina

Wild Card:
1. Columbus
2. Washington

I feel quite comfortable in saying I think this is the year Detroit misses the playoffs.

A coaching change, aging veterans, and a bit of a goalie controversy. I think that's the team Ottawa overtakes.

People have been counting Detroit out for like a decade now. They've improved from last year, coaching aside, with the additions of Green and Richards.

As for Ottawa, I have them in the mix, but they need to get over the idea of the Hamburgler being an NHL starter and go with Anderson early on to have a shot.

I really hate making exact predictions on exact standings but here goes:

Close to a lock: Montreal, Tampa, Rangers, Caps
Teams fighting for spots 5 through 8: Ottawa, Islanders, Pittsburgh, Florida, Columbus, Toronto, Detroit
Teams who are fighting for a lottery spot IMO: Buffalo, Carolina, Philly, New Jersey

Ottawa could turn into a tire-fire pretty quickly if Craig Anderson goes down to injury (like he usually does), and Matt O'Connor isn't ready to step in goal.

I'm expecting the "Hamburglar" to put up numbers similar to what J.S. Aubin put up for us the year after his late-season miracle run.

Ottawa could turn into a tire-fire pretty quickly if Craig Anderson goes down to injury (like he usually does), and Matt O'Connor isn't ready to step in goal.

I'm expecting the "Hamburglar" to put up numbers similar to what J.S. Aubin put up for us the year after his late-season miracle run.

Yea... I'm not sold on Ottawa either, too many question marks with that team.

Back