• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Games Cap

I'd say 8 goalie games is reasonable. If you have 2 starters that play every game in a week they should almost never exceed 8 games.

How about skaters though? 5 or 6 games per roster spot?

Hmm...

I know in our other league 70 total GP seems to be a good number.

Not sure how to divvy it up between the two.

If we cap goalies, we should cap skaters by the same amount. If we cap goalies at 8 games, that's 4 games per slot. Therefore a cap of 48 gp for skaters would be the equivalent. If we give skaters more gp, then we lower the value of goalies.

Yeah I think an average of 4 games per player is about right.

72 games for skaters
8 games for goalies.

Do we really need a games cap? It's a head-to-head league, salary cap restrictions should limit any sort of streaming ... maybe I'm missing something though.

You know there will be people dropping their bottom tier players and adding guys playing that day in order to get as many games as possible in.

Question is... what's the harm in a games cap? 80 games for 20 players is 4 games each. It's extremely unlikely that you're going to exceed that without streaming players from the FA pool.

Not opposed to it, just not sure it's needed. I suppose we could also consider the alternative solution used in Champions League, which is a max # of pickups per week.

As someone who also drafted 3 starting goalies I think we need to make sure nobody games the system.

We have 4 starts per position. There are typically 3-4 games per week... so this allows you to use your bench, but prevents streaming.

Yeah, because anyone with 2 starters will very rarely make all 8 starts. NHL teams play 3-4 games a week, only a handful of starters ever get played heavy enough to play all 4 in a 4 game week.

I imagine that seeing as we've gone to 2 games per week (which I like), that the goalie game cap is now 4 per match?

I imagine that seeing as we've gone to 2 games per week (which I like), that the goalie game cap is now 4 per match?

Not sure I get what you mean.

It's a 4 game per position (roster spot) maximum for every skater and goalie. So if you mean what I think you mean... then I guess in essence you're correct. But you don't set your lineup for each match up. You just set it up and it counts for each match up on it's own.

That was barely English, but it's the best I could do to splain it.

Back