• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2015-16 Premier League Thread

andyt

Canes Moderator
Staff member
The season gets underway on Saturday. NBC Sports is in the last year of a 3 year deal to carry the league in the US. On some cable systems, NBC has overflow channels in the event of simultaneous games. All games are also streamed live on the NBC Sports Live Extra app for iOS and Android devices. That is subject to cable company participation. Also NBC announced yesterday that USA Network will carry 50 matches this season, mostly the 10 am Saturday games.

Saturday:
Man U v. Spurs 7:45/12:45 NBCSN
Bournemouth v. Aston Villa 10:00/15:00 NBCSN
Everton v. Watford 10:00/15:00 USA
Leicester v. Sunderland 10:00/15:00
Norwich v. Crystal Palace 10:00/15:00
Chelsea v. Swansea 12:30/17:30 NBC

Sunday:
Arsenal v. West Ham 8:30/13:30 NBCSN
Newcastle v. Southampton 8:30/13:30
Stoke v. Liverpool 11:00/16:00 NBCSN

Monday:
West Brom v. Man City 3:00/20:00 NBCSN

Man Utd 1 - 0 Tottenham
Bournemouth 0 - 1 Aston Villa
Everton 2 - 2 Watford
Leicester 4 - 2 Sunderland
Norwich 1 - 3 Crystal Palace

Chelsea 2-2 Swansea

Chelsea played the last 38 minutes with 10 men after Courtois was sent off on a straight red. Gomis converted the penalty but Swans couldn't score again.

Newcastle 2 - 2 Southampton
Stoke 0 - 1 Liverpool

And making a great start to their campaign to be champions

Arsenal 0 - 2 West Ham

And making a great start to their campaign to be champions

Arsenal 0 - 2 West Ham

Petr Cech is a Trojan Horse, sent by Mourinho.

Arsenal lost the opener at home in 2013-14 to Aston Villa and then led the league well into 2014 until the inevitable injuries caught up to them.

Yeah ... never can read too much into Week 1 and they looked like absolute crap against a blase Villa side last year. If they bungle around a couple more time early though ...

Forgot to mention when I posted the score, how impressive Reece Oxford was for West Ham in that game.

I was only half listening to the commentary so hadn't picked up that he was only 16 years, 236 days old. Knew he was a youngster obviously but had him pegged at late teens.

A rare Friday match, no late match on Saturday and an early clash of the Titans. Chelsea will be without Courtois after the FA rejected their appeal of his suspension for the straight red last week.

Friday:
Aston Villa v. Man U 2:45/19:45 NBCSN

Saturday:
Southampton v. Everton 7:45/12:45 NBCSN
Spurs v. Stoke 10:00/15:00 NBCSN
West Ham v. Leicester USA
Sunderland v. Norwich
Swansea v. Newcastle
Watford v. West Brom

Sunday:
Crystal Palace v. Arsenal 8:30/13:30 NBCSN
Man City v. Chelsea 11:00/16:00 NBCSN

Monday:
Liverpool v. Bournemouth 3:00/20:00 NBCSN

Southampton 0 - 3 Everton
Sunderland 1 - 3 Norwich
Swansea 2 - 0 Newcastle
Tottenham 2 - 2 Stoke
Watford 0 - 0 West Brom
West Ham 1 - 2 Leicester

Aston Villa 0 - 1 Man U

2 wins so far for United but they haven't exactly hit the heights.

Yeah ... there wasn't much in that game to be sure. Neither side had any real cutting edge, but United's overall class won them the spoils. I'm not even a little impressed with that team though. They have so little emotion in their collective play that it's not even funny, and they just aren't good enough to automaton their way into anything special.

Man City 3 - 0 Chelsea

Chelsea looked way off the pace, I think they need a couple of signings asap.

Chelsea look like a powerful sports car with a huge V10 engine that needs a tuneup or a tweek to it's programming. Not sure if they need a new player so much as maybe a tweak to alignment or tactics though. One thing I'm certain of is that Mourinho will figure it out eventually.

Yeah ... there wasn't much in that game to be sure. Neither side had any real cutting edge, but United's overall class won them the spoils. I'm not even a little impressed with that team though. They have so little emotion in their collective play that it's not even funny, and they just aren't good enough to automaton their way into anything special.

I saw them play PSG in Chicago a few weeks ago. The starting lineup was mostly first choice, with the exception of Evans instead of Smalling at center half. The level of "I don't give a crap" was so high, the Man U fans around me were revolted. Schweinsteiger and Darmian were really the only ones playing with any kind of emotion. Granted, it was a pre-season exhibition at the end of a long-ish US tour that LVG really didn't want to do, but it was a harbinger of what I've seen in their 2 matches so far. They better snap out of it quickly, they have Brugge in the UCL tomorrow.

Last edited:
Liverpool 1-0 Bournemouth

Cherries had a goal chalked off for a dubious foul, Benteke's goal should have been chalked off; Coutinho was way offside and made an attempt at the ball, interfering with the keeper before Benteke converted.

Matchweek 3 with the biggest match on Monday. No late match on Saturday again either

Saturday:
Man U v. Newcastle 7:45/12:45 NBCSN
Crystal Palace v. Aston Villa 10:00/15:00 USA Network
Leicester v. Spurs 10:00/15:00 NBCSN
Norwich v. Stoke
Sunderland v. Swansea
West Ham v. Bournemouth

Sunday:
West Brom v. Chelsea 8:30/13:30 USA Network
Everton v. Man City 11:00/16:00 NBCSN
Watford v. Southampton

Monday:
Arsenal v. Liverpool 3:00/20:00 NBCSN

Man Utd 0 - 0 Newcastle
Crystal Palace 2 - 1 Aston Villa
Leicester 1 - 1 Tottenham
Norwich 1 - 1 Stoke
Sunderland 1 - 1 Swansea
West Ham 3 - 4 Bournemouth

First Premier League win for Bournemouth.

Back