• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Which prospects will make the team?

Which prospect is the top candidate to make the Leafs?

• William Nylander

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Connor Brown

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Stuart Percy

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Matt Frattin

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Others

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None

Votes: 17 73.9%

• Total voters

number17

Mod Squad
Based on the prospects' performance at camp, who (if any) do you think should make the Leafs?

I think Nylander has shown he already belongs in the NHL, the tricky thing is, because of the position we're trying to develop him in, and the fact he doesn't have the 10 games restriction, he is best sent back to the Marlies to start the season, and at some point in the season if we can trade Bozak then it may be worthwhile to bring him up. I wouldn't mind if he spends all season with the Marlies though.

Percy is another one who I think should make the team ... but with Maricin, Hunwick on the team and that there's no way to rid Robidas, I guess he'll have to go back to the Marlies too.

Which leaves us with Connor Brown, who I think is the only one who because of his position, CAN actually make the Leafs to start the season. I don't think he's been lights out, but i also don't think he's looked out of place in a top 6 W role.

zero, and i resent the use of the word prospect to describe Matt Frattin.

If you have to clear waivers, you are not a prospect.

None of them will make it. Maybe Harrington or Brown.

Babcock has been pretty clear about what it will take, and its not talent level. Its showing up to work every day and performing. In most cases that comes with experience and time. He's going to take the professional over the prospect with more talent, until that prospect turns themselves into a professional by not being a liability by taking days, practices, shifts off.

First, on the subject of Matt Frattin: since he'll be turning 28 this year, I think we can safely downgrade him from "prospect" to "career minor leaguer/fringe NHLer". I also expect that as soon as the Leafs need to clear room for another NHL contract, or make space in the Marlies lineup for an actual prospect, the Leafs will send him on his way.

As for the actual prospects, none of them will make it. That's been pretty clear from the start, with all the veteran bodies in camp and now one of the PTO's getting inked as well.

None of them will. Nylander looks ready though.
If we were playing an actual must-win game tomorrow, I'd certainly take him over Tyler ****ing Bozak.

But I'd be much happier to see him be the #1 center on a good Marlies team, rather than play on the 2nd or 3rd line on this shit-show.

Yeah Frattin isn't really a prospect ... just checking if everyone's awake here :) :) :)

I don't see any dman making it, unless someone's injured because Dion-Hunwick, Rielly-Gardiner are our top 4, and Maricin-Polak is our top 6. Robidas is then the dressing room fixture since they can't get rid of him. This means as well as Percy or Harrington may play they are Marlies bound.

Brown has an outside shot but we'll see what happens.

I went with Frattin but he's not a prospect by any stretch. They've said the kids are all going to the minors/AHL so far (at least that's the message with Bill Ny, the Hockey Guy) so I look forward to a bottom five finish this coming season and more draft picks at the deadline. :)

I went with Frattin but he's not a prospect by any stretch. They've said the kids are all going to the minors/AHL so far (at least that's the message with Bill Ny, the Hockey Guy) so I look forward to a bottom five finish this coming season and more draft picks at the deadline. :)
Bill Ny eh. That's pretty good.

Yep. None, and we're even set up to not bring kids up as injury replacements when you have Brennan's and Froese's of the world on the AHL team. I expect somewhere between 3-5 NHL regulars to get traded at the deadline, and even then not see any kids as the AHL team should be a ****ing juggernaut and we'll be looking to get a Calder for this group.

apparently loov is in the mix with harrington and marincin for the last spot (phaneuf, hunwick, rielly, gardiner, robidas, polak).

http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2015/9/27/9404235/theres-a-lot-of-cocaine-in-the-nhl-viktor-loov-tells-swedish-news

Sure this is how the talk is, but I am certain it's not just talk. There are players everywhere who do it. If you have money you probably have easy access. Then there is the attitude over there compared to Sweden. Not with cocaine maybe but with hash (cannabis) and stuff you smoke, that is something you encounter everywhere.

Speaking of Loov. Apparently the NHL has a cocaine problem. Interesting comments coming from a young player.

Nylander is still in the mix to potentially make this team... Babcock said that "He's doing well, but he has to keep doing the same things night in and night out", sounds to me like he's right on the bubble.

There are only 2 games left in pre-season (back to back vs. Babs' old team) and it's kind of a surprise we still have so many prospects with us.

Nylander, Brown, Percy, Harrington, Frattin (Ok, not really a prospect) are still with us.

Let's see what happens the next 2 games. After publicly ripping the vets on the team, and praising the young guys, I guess it's not totally impossible 1 or more of those young guys make the team.

Back