• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Detroit vs Toronto in Hamilton | Friday, October 7, 2016 @ 7pm | SN360

Not sure you wanna watch this. Could make last night look poised.

Leafs may be suffering from not having their coach for most of training camp.

Not sure you wanna watch this. Could make last night look poised.

Leafs may be suffering from not having their coach for most of training camp.

I really don't think this is the case. It's an easy excuse for people to make I guess.

was there something I was missing about that hit? I get Leipsic and Polak giving the guy some shoves but why was Holland so mad he beat him on the ground like that?

As i even said last year, Kappy is NHL ready imo. Dude doesn't shy away from board play, has a pretty good shot and can make plays. Babs is getting him to PK too. He tends to do too much sometime but that's a coaching thing and so with Babcock he'll get rid of those bad habits very soon. It's going to be tough as there's too many bodies but this guy would play for me even if it's 4th line(he doesn't look off in any area imo).

Prefer him to play in all situations in the AHL for now. No need to rush him at all with all the bodies we have up front.

It was a pretty flat game by the baby Leafs, and Detroit controlled the pace of the game for most of the game. I guess this is what happens when your best prospects (other than Kapanen) is not dressed.

Holland was playing against the baby Wings but he didn't impress. I think there's an outside chance, despite the waiver conditions, that Gauthier may get the 4th line role over him THIS YEAR. Leivo also looked flat but I guess he is still nursing an injury. Leipsic showed flashes of skills that make him a future NHLer, but did not string together enough effective plays in a 60 min game.

The bright spots I think are Kapanen and Enroth. Enroth had a pretty steady game (even though it was vs. the baby Wings) and Kapanen showed a lot of promises with his speed, his drive with the puck and his hockey sense.

Considering this was probably the last game at camp for Leivo and Holland, I wonder what this means for roster decision. Judging from this game, neither should make the Leafs.

Back