• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT - Leafs At Canucks - 7:00 EST

MindzEye

Wayward Ditch Pig
Should be a rather ho-hum affair I suppose. It's not like there were any death threats after the last match up or anything....

Matt Martin could earn his salary for the year by punching out Gudbranson and Dorsett tonight.

giphy.gif

I have a feeling there aren't going to be much in the way of theatrics tonight. Gotta take care of business and get the two points though.

Apparently, Carrick will be a healthy scratch again tonight.

Babcock is a good coach but he makes a lot of headscratching personnel decisions that suggest he's fairly old school and doesn't pay much attention to the advanced stats. Carrick is the Leafs best advanced stats monster and pairs very well with Gardiner. Meanwhile, Hunlak is a statistical tire fire and can't get bumped in front of Carrick.

Then, is Corrado in any way worse than Hunlak? Hard to believe it possible.

Apparently, Carrick will be a healthy scratch again tonight.

Babcock is a good coach but he makes a lot of headscratching personnel decisions that suggest he's fairly old school and doesn't pay much attention to the advanced stats. Carrick is the Leafs best advanced stats monster and pairs very well with Gardiner. Meanwhile, Hunlak is a statistical tire fire and can't get bumped in front of Carrick.

Then, is Corrado in any way worse than Hunlak? Hard to believe it possible.
I agree with this, but we do tend to throw out "advanced stats" fairly cavalierly based on the limited data we have available to us. I'm not convinced that the leafs don't have much MORE advanced data and it may not always align with out puny corsi. But in this case ya, seems like Carrick is definitely the best option.

Hughson gets so into Vancouvers chances. Not sure how people can listen to him and whine about Toronto bias. It's a blatant Vancouver cheerleader and a guy who said he'd refuseto play in Toronto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always these long extended periods in our own end w Hunwick and Polak... always.

You don't need advanced stats to see what a total train wreck is Hunlak. Putting them out with JVlak is criminal.

They're playing scared tonight. They think they're gonna get hit every time they touch the puck and arenot moving the puck well as a result.

Matthews could have so many more points than he does so far. So many chances.

Back