PDA

View Full Version : 2017 Summer Transfer Thread

andyt
06-07-2017, 08:38 AM
The window hasn't opened but we have a few signings.

Tuttosport in Italy reports that Juventus have signed Wojciech Szczesny from Arsenal. He had spent the last 2 years on loan at Roma.

Arsenal signed defender Sead Kolasinac on a free transfer from Schalke.

HNIM
06-07-2017, 03:43 PM
Antoine Griezmann has apparently nixed moving this summer due to not wanting to leave his teammates hung out to dry, with Atletico under a transfer ban. While I'd like to see him in the PL, I'd rather it be someone besides MU, since Jose would find a way to make him boring.

andyt
06-07-2017, 05:42 PM
Antoine Griezmann has apparently nixed moving this summer due to not wanting to leave his teammates hung out to dry, with Atletico under a transfer ban. While I'd like to see him in the PL, I'd rather it be someone besides MU, since Jose would find a way to make him boring.

Yep, he called it a "dirty move". He may be the only Frenchman not moving this summer, if you believe even a small sliver of the rumors.

jeffbear
06-08-2017, 03:14 PM
Fair play to Griezmann, too. It would suck to be selfish and leave your club in the lurch with no way to replace you. Good on him.

On the other end of the spectrum ...
Sounds like Costa is either being shoved out at Chelsea or is trying to buy up the entire jerk store and force his way out with the giant crowbar of his horrible personality.

andyt
06-08-2017, 10:36 PM
On the other end of the spectrum ...
Sounds like Costa is either being shoved out at Chelsea or is trying to buy up the entire jerk store and force his way out with the giant crowbar of his horrible personality.

They're not mutually exclusive...

andyt
06-16-2017, 12:03 AM
Everton have beeen busy, splashing 25 million on keeper Jordan Pickford from Sunderland and 23.5 million on attacking midfielder Davy Klaassen from Ajax.

andyt
07-05-2017, 02:39 PM
Arsenal finally get the world class striker that Wenger has been looking for since Henry left. Alexandre Lacazette signed from Lyon for a reported 53 million Euro fee.

andyt
07-06-2017, 09:26 AM
Sky Sports is reporting that Man U have agreed a 75 million pound fee for Romelu Lukaku. Sources at Everton say no deal has been made.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10938731/manchester-united-and-everton-agree-75m-fee-for-romelu-lukaku

VinatieriDefinesClutch
07-07-2017, 12:18 AM
Well that's a tidy little profit if true. Am I the only one that's slightly concerned that Lukaku might not be an elite level striker? He's always struck me as by far the most dangerous during the counter when defenses are in chaos, but often seems invisible against better more organized teams.

jeffbear
07-07-2017, 11:40 AM
Well that's a tidy little profit if true. Am I the only one that's slightly concerned that Lukaku might not be an elite level striker? He's always struck me as by far the most dangerous during the counter when defenses are in chaos, but often seems invisible against better more organized teams.

Oh ... Lukaku is an elite level striker ... like 30% of the time. When he's engaged and playing hard he's as good as anybody in the world. The problem is that that only happens like once or twice a month. That level of engagement ain't gonna cut it with Chelsea or Man United, and I guess those clubs figure that once he's in their system and playing for a club with a chance to win something meaningful then he'll turn on more regularly. I've got my doubts.

andyt
07-08-2017, 07:14 AM
Lukaku to Man U is complete. He's having a medical today and will train with them on Monday in LA as they get ready for the ICC.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/3154042/manchester-united-agree-75m-deal-for-evertons-romelu-lukaku

andyt
07-09-2017, 10:32 AM
Wayne Rooney is headed back to where it all began.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40510938

andyt
07-11-2017, 01:51 PM
James Rodriguez is leaving Real Madrid for Bayern Munich on a 2 year loan with an option to make it permanent. The annual loan fee is reported at 5 million euros and the permanent fee is 35.2 million euros.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/3155968/real-madrids-james-rodriguez-joins-bayern-munich-on-two-year-loan

VinatieriDefinesClutch
07-15-2017, 11:30 AM
So I was somehow completely unaware until the other day that John Terry signed with Aston Villa and has just been named captain. On one hand, Terry is probably still good enough to be a very effective Championship level defender. On the other hand, I've gone 35 years not having to root for John Terry (I assume he was a crappy baby) and I don't want to start now.

andyt
07-17-2017, 12:04 PM
Joe Hart is having a medical today, ahead of a season long loan to West Ham. He played for Torino on loan last season.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/joe-hart-due-for-west-ham-medical-tomorrow-as-manchester-city-outcast-nears-loan-switch-a3589006.html

jeffbear
07-18-2017, 05:51 PM
So I was somehow completely unaware until the other day that John Terry signed with Aston Villa and has just been named captain. On one hand, Terry is probably still good enough to be a very effective Championship level defender. On the other hand, I've gone 35 years not having to root for John Terry (I assume he was a crappy baby) and I don't want to start now.

Ditto. Super conflicted on this ... which is probably why I didn't post anything when they signed Terry in the first place. Thing is, I'm 90% certain he'll do a good job on the pitch and be a good captain. I just can't stand the guy.

VinatieriDefinesClutch
07-19-2017, 01:44 PM
Yeah, on the other hand, I've been able to separate my feelings for someone as a person vs their performance. Judge the art, not the artist and all. I enjoy R Kelly's music and I used to be a baseball fan and def rooted for Curt Schilling who I have far far more negative of an opinion toward than I do of Terry who is just kind of a twat.

jeffbear
07-19-2017, 02:43 PM
Speaking of Villa and old guys ... looks like Steve Bruce just can't resist Ahmed Elmohamady. He's signing him for the THIRD time, and for three different clubs.

andyt
07-19-2017, 05:53 PM
Chelsea have agreed a 70 million pound fee for Alvaro Morata from Real Madrid, subject to a medical and agreement on personal terms.

andyt
07-19-2017, 06:03 PM
Wojciech Szczesny moves from Arsenal to Juve on a 12.2 million pound deal, and he signed a 4 year contract. He had been on loan at Roma for the last 2 years. He'll sit behind Buffon, for at least this year.

andyt
07-20-2017, 10:12 AM
A website in Germany is reporting that Chicharito is headed back to the Prem, with West Ham, with a 16-18 million euro deal with Bayer Leverkusen.

jeffbear
07-20-2017, 11:45 AM
A website in Germany is reporting that Chicharito is headed back to the Prem, with West Ham, with a 16-18 million euro deal with Bayer Leverkusen.

Good. I hope he gets his arrogant little butt handed to him like he did the last time he played with the big boys. Prat.

andyt
07-21-2017, 11:31 AM
Kurt Zouma signed a 6 year contract with Chelsea and then was sent on season long loan to Stoke.

Another signing for West Ham. Sky reports that Marko Arnautovic is in London for a medical ahead of a reported 25 million pound move from Stoke.

The Mail reports that Arsenal and Mesut Ozil are close to agreeing on an extension. Arsenal have offered 280k per week, he was holding out for 350k per week but has generated no outside interest at that price.

andyt
07-24-2017, 10:37 AM
Man City have signed Monaco left back Benjamin Mendy to a 5 year deal after agreeing a fee of up to 52 million pounds. City have now signed 3 fullbacks this summer, spending nearly 130 million pounds, Kyle Walker and Danilo from Real Madrid the others.

andyt
07-25-2017, 10:44 AM
Marca in Spain is reporting that Real Madrid reached an agreement in principle with Monaco for the transfer of Kylian Mbappe for 180 million euros. Monaco tells Sky Sports that they have not agreed. Stay tuned.

Jordan Veretout is in Florence having a medical ahead of a move from Aston Villa to Fiorentina.

jeffbear
07-25-2017, 04:59 PM
Jordan Veretout is in Florence having a medical ahead of a move from Aston Villa to Fiorentina.

Good. Villa need the cash. We've got one more deal that needs doing and I think our crazy Chinese owner grows tired of coming out of pocket all the time. Hopefully they can seal a deal to move Amavi as well. They had a deal in place with Marseille, but it got scuttled for less under less than honorable conditions.

andyt
07-31-2017, 03:16 PM
Man U sign Nemanja Matic to a 3 year deal with a 4th year option after a 40 million pound move from Chelsea.

andyt
08-01-2017, 12:22 PM
Jesus Navas leaves Man City on a free transfer, signs a 3 year deal with Sevilla.

Kelechi Iheanacho is in Leicester having a medical ahead of a reported 25 million pound move from Man City.

jeffbear
08-02-2017, 11:52 AM
Jesus Navas leaves Man City on a free transfer, signs a 3 year deal with Sevilla.

Happiest man in Spain right now. He was BEGGING to get out of Manchester and had started to look like they had locked him in a basement.

VinatieriDefinesClutch
08-02-2017, 12:26 PM
Wow, Neymar to PSG for 222m euros. That's insane.

andyt
08-02-2017, 03:56 PM
Wow, Neymar to PSG for 222m euros. That's insane.

And the President of La Liga is going to file a complaint with UEFA and the EU for breaches of financial fair play. He also said La Liga will not accept their share of the transfer fee.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/3170507/la-liga-chief-vows-to-complain-to-uefa-and-eu-over-psgs-neymar-deal

jeffbear
08-02-2017, 04:31 PM
And the irony of the president of a league that includes two clubs who have repeatedly been put in the transfer sin bin for various financial ill doings trying to appeal to financial fair play rules is .... let's go with palpable.

andyt
08-02-2017, 05:09 PM
And the irony of the president of a league that includes two clubs who have repeatedly been put in the transfer sin bin for various financial ill doings trying to appeal to financial fair play rules is .... let's go with palpable.

And has a 3rd sitting out the summer transfer window...physician, heal thyself.

jeffbear
08-03-2017, 10:57 AM
And has a 3rd sitting out the summer transfer window...physician, heal thyself.

Jeez ... I forgot about Atletico. Seriously ... wake up and smell the cork trees, boss.

andyt
08-04-2017, 10:56 AM
Neymar to PSG is complete. The final tally was 222 million euros. He reportedly has an annual wage bill of about 30 million euros after taxes and a sign on bonus that exceeded that.

He says he's playing tomorrow in PSGs match against Amiens. If you're morbidly interested, it will be on beIN Sports in the US at 11:00 eastern.

andyt
08-04-2017, 10:59 AM
Spurs midfielder Joshua Onomah signed a new 4 year deal and was sent to Aston Villa on a season long loan.

jeffbear
08-04-2017, 11:52 AM
Neymar to PSG is complete. The final tally was 222 million euros. He reportedly has an annual wage bill of about 30 million euros after taxes and a sign on bonus that exceeded that.

He says he's playing tomorrow in PSGs match against Amiens. If you're morbidly interested, it will be on beIN Sports in the US at 11:00 eastern.

Neymar's move to the defense-deprived French league might result in him amassing even more ridiculous offensive numbers that he was putting up in Spain.

andyt
08-08-2017, 02:32 PM
It looks like Barcelona is splashing some of their Neymar cash out. They've been chasing Philippe Coutinho all summer and it looks like they finally captured him. It's a reported base fee of 90 million euros with bonuses that could bring it to 120 million euros. That's a tidy profit for Liverpool, they paid 10 million euros in 2013.

jeffbear
08-08-2017, 05:05 PM
It looks like Barcelona is splashing some of their Neymar cash out. They've been chasing Philippe Coutinho all summer and it looks like they finally captured him. It's a reported base fee of 90 million euros with bonuses that could bring it to 120 million euros. That's a tidy profit for Liverpool, they paid 10 million euros in 2013.

And they'll need to invest that profit wisely, seeing as how Coutinho pretty much became their offensive fulcrum last season. That's a heavy loss, despite the financial gain.

andyt
08-10-2017, 03:03 PM
Jordan Amavi is leaving Aston Villa for Marseille.

jeffbear
08-10-2017, 04:27 PM
Jordan Amavi is leaving Aston Villa for Marseille.

Let's hope it goes through this time.

andyt
08-10-2017, 05:09 PM
Let's hope it goes through this time.

It's Twitter official:

https://twitter.com/OM_English/status/895631324626640897

jeffbear
08-11-2017, 12:45 PM
It's Twitter official:

https://twitter.com/OM_English/status/895631324626640897

Close enough. Pop the champagne. Good one for the kid and for the club. I really do think that Amavi will thrive back in the French league where there's a bit more flow to the average game. And Villa needed to balance the transfer books a notch or two.

andyt
08-15-2017, 06:20 PM
West Brom signed 97 year old Gareth Barry to a 1 year deal. He needs 5 more appearances to pass Ryan Giggs on the all-time Premier League list.

jeffbear
08-16-2017, 11:08 AM
West Brom signed 97 year old Gareth Barry to a 1 year deal. He needs 5 more appearances to pass Ryan Giggs on the all-time Premier League list.

Even in the midst of their dinosaur collecting of the past summer, Villa took a pass on Barry. And he's a home grown.

andyt
08-16-2017, 11:46 PM
Everton finally complete the purchase of Gylfi Sigurdsson from Swansea for 45 million. Spurs reportedly get 10% of the deal.

jeffbear
08-17-2017, 12:24 PM
Everton finally complete the purchase of Gylfi Sigurdsson from Swansea for 45 million. Spurs reportedly get 10% of the deal.

He's a good fit for what they need in the middle of the formation but that's a BUNCH of money to pay for a guy his age.

HNIM
08-17-2017, 01:01 PM
He's a good fit for what they need in the middle of the formation but that's a BUNCH of money to pay for a guy his age.

He's not the fastest guy, he gets by more on his brains, so losing half a step won't be a big deal. And he's been pretty durable. So that mitigates it somewhat. And this year the money makes less sense than ever. It kinda is what it is.

jeffbear
08-18-2017, 12:22 PM
Yeah ... I get that. And I do love Gylfi's game. All brain, very little brawn. One of the most willing to work players of his skill level that I can ever recall.

andyt
08-18-2017, 02:47 PM
Spurs finally make their first deal of the summer, signing Ajax defender Davinson Sanchez for what could be a 42 million Euro deal. He signed a contract through 2023. He still needs to have his medical and get a work permit. He has 2 caps for Colombia's senior team.

andyt
08-23-2017, 02:19 PM
Swansea sign Hull City midfielder Sam Clucas to a 4 year deal.

Spurs sign goalkeeper Paulo Gazzaniga from Southampton to a 5 year deal. He played in the Spanish 2nd division last year on loan. He had 23 appearances over the previous 4 years at Southampton.

Huddersfield sign midfielder Abdelhamid Sabiri from Nunberg. He had 5 goals in 7 starts for Nurnberg last year.

jeffbear
08-23-2017, 03:06 PM
Swansea sign Hull City midfielder Sam Clucas to a 4 year deal.

Clucas really impressed me the couple of times I stumbled across Hull games and stuck around to watch. Good motor on that guy.

andyt
08-24-2017, 12:30 PM
Zlatan is back, signing a 1 year deal to return to Man U.

Huddersfield signed right back Florent Hadergjonaj (and I'm glad I'm not their kit man) from Ingolstadt on a season long loan.

jeffbear
08-24-2017, 02:33 PM
Curious. Zlatan and Lukaku are clearly not going to be playing together ... right? If Zlatan going to happy playing second fiddle? Because I know for a fact that Lukaku won't be. And he tends to sulk even when coddled.

andyt
08-24-2017, 04:23 PM
Curious. Zlatan and Lukaku are clearly not going to be playing together ... right? If Zlatan going to happy playing second fiddle? Because I know for a fact that Lukaku won't be. And he tends to sulk even when coddled.

Under normal circumstances, I'd agree, this is a match made in hell. Maybe he recongnizes that he can't be "the man" anymore and he'll be happy playing in a withdrawn role, behind Lukaku. But his presence in the middle will clog things up for Pogba and he's been fantastic so far.

andyt
08-25-2017, 03:14 PM
Robert Snodgrass leaves West Ham for a season long loan at Aston Villa.

Barcelona have completed the signing of Ousmane Dembele from Borussia Dortmund. It's an initial 105 million Euro fee with about 30 million in potential add-ons. He will have a 400 million Euro release clause.

Spurs center back Cameron Carter-Vickers moves to Sheffield United on a season long loan. He's an American born in England who came from the Spurs academy. He's played for the US U18, U20 and U23 teams but he's not cap tied as he hasn't played for the senior national team yet.

West Brom signs wing Oliver Burke from RB Leipzig for 15 million pounds

andyt
08-30-2017, 11:25 AM
Another defender for West Brom. They sign Kieran Gibbs from Arsenal on a 4 year deal for up to a 7 million pound transfer fee. While it seems he's been around forever, he's only 27, having made his senior debut as an 18 year old. There are rumors that Jonny Evans could be headed the other way.

andyt
08-30-2017, 06:41 PM
Liverpool signed Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain from Arsenal for up to 40 million pounds. Arsenal and Chelsea had agreed on terms earlier in the week, and Chelsea had been rumored to be chasing him all summer, but Oxlade-Chamberlain didn't want to go to Chelsea.