• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

PSGDT - Final PS Game Leafs vs Wings

number17

Mod Squad
This is the final pre-season game and while it's mostly an AHL vs AHL game, it matters to a few guys on the ice because this is their final audition for the big club job.

I believe those who played last night (Moore, Rosen, Borgman) has the inside track, but those who plays tonight (Leivo, Carrick, Aaltonen, maybe Marincin and Dermott) still has a chance (... well, some of them anyways)

I don't think Aaltonen can beat Moore for the 4C job, but he can win the 13th F job tonight imo.

Neither Rosen nor Borgman played well last night, so it opens the door for Carrick, Marincin and even Dermott to make the team.

By now I can't wait for the pre-season to be over and let the real season start. Just 1 more game.

He has indeed been great since game 1 of pre-season, and was perfectly fine for a backup last season too. He is what he is - a well travelled journey-man seasoned backup goalie.

But he did his job for us last season, which none of our other goalies (Enroth, Ramo, Sparks etc.) could do. All he needs to do again this season, is be a decent NHL backup again.

And that alone would move us from 8th to 4th or better if the season repeats itself.

Back