PDA

View Full Version : 2018 MLB Off Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Deckie007
10-25-2017, 09:52 PM
First some business to take care of:

Payouts have been made. Due to the loss of one team last year - and our lack of adjustments to the structure we ended up with this (keeping percentages the same from 2016):

Montana - $432 (60%)
UW - $158 (22%)
Green Hornets - $93 (13%)
Hairnova - $37 (5%)

---

We may want to change the structure going forward, it's up to the league.

--

Next, and this is very important. We will not start the season without collecting all fees. Montana and I had to shake down various managers to get the entry fees well after the season ended. No more. No draft, no lottery, no trades - nothing until we get all entry fees for the upcoming season. This will guarantee we don't have any outstanding fees when the season starts as well as no surprises with managers bowing out at the last second.

UWHabs
10-25-2017, 11:08 PM
Payouts should probably just rebalance a little bit. 4th should get the entry fee back, so rise to 40. Probably simplest is to set the payouts to 430/160/90/40 (improving payouts to 2nd and 4th, and dropping 1 and 3), Or could even make it a little more flat and take an extra 10$ from Montana, I mean 1st place, and give it to 3rd, setting it to 420/160/100/40.

Thanks again for all you guys did to chase people down. Agreed that payment should come early. I know people are good for it, but better to get things done early and let everyone focus on the season. Hopefully everyone will be back :)

Montana
10-25-2017, 11:16 PM
Honestly, if we're moving things around payout wise, Id love to see 2nd place be the big beneficiary. I thought one of the more interesting aspects of this season was the shootout between GH/Hairnova/UW for second overall.

End of the day, I realize many only care about winning the whole thing.....but I think having a substantial increase in 2nd could make more teams interested in really scrapping it out for second overall down the stretch.

/2 cents.

Stick with the classic payout for first....bump second significantly and mildly reduce 3rd & 4th, so that there's a real incentive for those in the podium race to push for 2nd.

axlsalinger
10-25-2017, 11:25 PM
if we're moving things around payout wise, Id love to see 2nd place be the big beneficiary.

Was going to say something basically along these lines. Definitely want to make 2nd Place something people are really striving for. Without doing the maths, was thinking something along the lines of 400-250-75-FREE. (Or perhaps 425-225-75-FREE).

Montana
10-25-2017, 11:47 PM
$440 (down from $455 originally)
$220 (up from $160)
$40 (Free Entry)
$20 (Half off)

Actually works pretty bang on, in terms of rounded out payments.

1st is (61%), 2nd gets a nice big bump, third you still win free entry the next year...and 4th gets a half off discount.

Main thing being tho, we infuse a real incentive for people to go all out for one of the top two spots.

hairnova
10-26-2017, 02:40 PM
I just paid for next season.

UWHabs
10-26-2017, 08:49 PM
I just paid for next season.

Me too.

For payouts, I think going 420-200 for 1 and 2 makes the most sense. And then that leaves 100 for the next 2, which maybe makes sense to split 80/20? Then you get 420-200-80-20, and enough jump between each position that it matters. Although part of me does feel that 4th should get up to the 40$ level to make their money back, but that does lead to it being flat somewhere on the curve (the best with that would likely be 420-180-80-40, where at least each amount is double the next).

Montana
10-27-2017, 03:52 AM
We already just subtracted $23 from 1st.....(while only taking $7 from 2nd, $7 from third and $3 from 4th.

So further dinging the top prize to pay out guys the winner beat, doesn't make a whole lot of sense....whole purpose of the league is to win, afterall.

League standard for first has always been ~60%...and I think altering that after the fact would be kinda wonky.

I just thought for competitive purposes....taking the 2nd-4th money and maybe making a more serious prize for 2nd might make things more interesting down the stretch for those in the hunt...

If people are keen to keep significant payouts for 3rd & 4th....may as well just leave it as is.

Montana
10-27-2017, 03:56 AM
As the guys who just finished 3rd & 4th, so benefit from how it currently is......I'm curious to hear GH & Hairnovas opinions. Whether they prefer it as is, or 2nd having a fatter prize instead.

Deckie007
10-27-2017, 04:24 PM
We need a replacement for braby. He confirmed to me by email he's not returning.

UWHabs
10-31-2017, 06:08 PM
Also, I know in the summer we talked about getting people's rosters compliant in the off-season, in regards to end of season DL (ie. I have 4 guys on my DL now above the roster limits). Did we get a consensus on when we wanted to enforce that? I do believe we should have a date well before the draft for teams to get everyone off their DL - I think what's likely most fair would be to set a date like Dec 1 to get all teams down to the 55 roster limit, and then after that if you add more players in trades, you just have to decide the final roster by March?

Montana
10-31-2017, 06:40 PM
+1 for that idea.

Matrim
11-01-2017, 06:10 PM
Paid.

Deckie007
11-01-2017, 08:53 PM
Also, I know in the summer we talked about getting people's rosters compliant in the off-season, in regards to end of season DL (ie. I have 4 guys on my DL now above the roster limits). Did we get a consensus on when we wanted to enforce that? I do believe we should have a date well before the draft for teams to get everyone off their DL - I think what's likely most fair would be to set a date like Dec 1 to get all teams down to the 55 roster limit, and then after that if you add more players in trades, you just have to decide the final roster by March?

I like that idea. We are missing a manager so probably will push back the date a bit this year if we don't have a new owner by December.

Montana
11-12-2017, 05:50 PM
Paid.

UWHabs
11-13-2017, 12:12 PM
Any potential candidates out there to replace braby?

Also, did we as a league figure out what to do with Ohtani? With weekly lineups I don't expect his batting to be an impact, but assuming Fantrax can handle it, I would imagine whoever owns him would have him either as a pitcher or util, and he only gets the points from that slot, right? Just want to make sure we know what's allowable, and what our rules are.

Habspatrol
11-13-2017, 12:15 PM
You would think that the best way for Fantrax to handle it is to create two profiles for him. One for pitching and one for hitting.

The question would then be... does whoever drafts him get both profiles or do they get drafted separately? I'd lean towards separately.

UWHabs
11-13-2017, 12:55 PM
You would think that the best way for Fantrax to handle it is to create two profiles for him. One for pitching and one for hitting.

The question would then be... does whoever drafts him get both profiles or do they get drafted separately? I'd lean towards separately.

Having 2 profiles makes "sense", but then you get into the weird questions of does he take up 2 roster spots then? And obviously that reduces the value of either card, since they're each half a player then. But if there's only one card for him, then you'd obviously have to pick which slot to use him in, since obviously it wouldn't be fair for that team to get batting stats and have an extra DH slot for some games. But if he does have 2 cards, it wouldn't be fair to "force" whoever drafts him to use 2 roster spots on him, so if that's the way it's done we'd have to have them drafted separately.

If it's possible, I do think the best would be to have a single profile for him, and then each week you either slot him as a pitcher or as a hitter, and you only get the points for the spot you put him in. Although I guess the first step is to figure out what exactly the options that Fantrax allows would be.

Habspatrol
11-13-2017, 01:06 PM
2 profiles seems so simple. If you have the pitching version you use him as a pitcher. If you have the hitting version you use him as a hitter. Nothing else to worry about.

Tully78
11-15-2017, 03:54 PM
Paid.

hairnova
11-21-2017, 04:06 PM
So, five of 18 guys have paid. Do others plan to pay any time soon or are we going to throw the offseason away? (yes I know it's only November but blink an eye and it's going to be January/February.)

I understand not starting the draft until everyone is paid up but not sure we should make those who have paid and want to get working on their team suffer.

And this is coming from someone who commishes multiple leagues and gets ****ed over all the time.

Habspatrol
11-21-2017, 04:35 PM
So, five of 18 guys have paid. Do others plan to pay any time soon or are we going to throw the offseason away? (yes I know it's only November but blink an eye and it's going to be January/February.)

I understand not starting the draft until everyone is paid up but not sure we should make those who have paid and want to get working on their team suffer.

And this is coming from someone who commishes multiple leagues and gets ****ed over all the time.

There's a great idea... people who have paid can make trades.

I'll pay soon.

Tully78
11-21-2017, 04:38 PM
I would agree with Shane & Ray. It gives an added incentive for people to pay up quicker if they see the offseason action taking place around them and some players that they fancy flying off the board.

It seems like a reasonable solution to the roster freeze. You pay, you play.

Deckie007
11-21-2017, 09:07 PM
Yes, agreed. Apologies for not responding to your PM Tully. Slipped my mind.
I've unlocked everyone who's paid so far.

Tully78
11-21-2017, 09:17 PM
No worries at all, Deckie. Everyone’s busy and the ole baseball isn’t typically top of mind come November.

I appreciate that you were willing to do this for us.

Deckie007
11-21-2017, 09:18 PM
Mindz seems to be hinting he's lost interest in fantasy sports, but that was an off the cuff comment in the Leafs GDT. I'll check with him, but it seems we might be looking for two managers.

Tully78
11-21-2017, 09:32 PM
If we’re willing to diversify out of the FI realm, Shane & I may know a gentleman who’d take a team. Pretty active manager overall. We’re in a a couple other leagues with him. He’s a bit of a pain in the ass, definitely makes you laugh, but a solid manager overall.

Deckie007
11-21-2017, 09:37 PM
If we’re willing to diversify out of the FI realm, Shane & I may know a gentleman who’d take a team. Pretty active manager overall. We’re in a a couple other leagues with him. He’s a bit of a pain in the ass, definitely makes you laugh, but a solid manager overall.

Bull is already in this league.

Habspatrol
11-21-2017, 10:28 PM
Funny cause it's true.

Bull
11-22-2017, 11:15 PM
This league cant handle two Bulls. Will will just trade back and forth.

Habspatrol
11-23-2017, 03:00 PM
I've paid.

Matrim
11-28-2017, 05:41 PM
Paid.

I paid on this date, but don't have access to trading on the league yet.

Deckie007
11-28-2017, 09:15 PM

it's not showing you as paid.

https://i.imgur.com/jljqKW8.png

Habspatrol
11-29-2017, 09:45 AM

That's weird. It happened to me a last year in a different league. Email Fantrax.

Matrim
11-29-2017, 03:51 PM
You know what, I forgot we switched to paying on fantrax and sent an email transfer to deckie on that date.

Deckie007
11-29-2017, 04:29 PM
You know what, I forgot we switched to paying on fantrax and sent an email transfer to deckie on that date.Ah. I don't log into that email anymore since we switched to the treasurer. Are you able to cancel it?

Matrim
11-29-2017, 05:27 PM
Ah. I don't log into that email anymore since we switched to the treasurer. Are you able to cancel it?

Yeah I can cancel it, it'll just cost me $5.

Matrim
11-29-2017, 05:30 PM
Paid for real this time, I'm open for business.

Deckie007
11-29-2017, 05:35 PM
Paid for real this time, I'm open for business.Great, you're unlocked.

UWHabs
11-30-2017, 11:29 AM
Any news on our owner search? Only half the league has paid to date, so just want to make sure we're still on track to get all the slots filled.

Deckie007
11-30-2017, 09:06 PM
I have no leads. Tully said he knows someone, but might be good to see if Mindz is returning before we offer up a specific team. May have to do another two manager draft. I'll check in with Mindz.

Deckie007
11-30-2017, 10:55 PM
And Mindz is out as well. I'm going to talk to a few of the other less active managers to make sure we have commitments for this coming year.

Blueman
12-05-2017, 09:13 PM
The scoring for pitchers seems a little off. The top pitchers seem to be worth way more than top hitters. Anyone notice this as well?

As it’s the off season I thought I’d throw this out.

UWHabs
12-06-2017, 10:51 AM
The scoring for pitchers seems a little off. The top pitchers seem to be worth way more than top hitters. Anyone notice this as well?

As it’s the off season I thought I’d throw this out.

I don't think we're off. I mean, last year there were only like 3 starters in the top-20. If you look at the "projected" stats yeah Kluber comes out ahead of Trout, but I think that's more that their projections are off. I mean, they have Kluber projected for a point per game total that he's only once been higher than (admittedly that was last year). And there's still only 5 starters in the top-20 for projected points.

We're probably a little high overall at the top end - if we were going to balance it properly, it would be nice to probably chop off 20-30 points from the top starters, but probably add a few more points to the 2nd tier guys (the Archer/Keuchel caliber of guys). But not sure if there's an easy way to balance that, or whether the current system is "good enough" to live with a few guys counting for more than they probably should.

Blueman
12-06-2017, 11:09 AM
I don't think we're off. I mean, last year there were only like 3 starters in the top-20. If you look at the "projected" stats yeah Kluber comes out ahead of Trout, but I think that's more that their projections are off. I mean, they have Kluber projected for a point per game total that he's only once been higher than (admittedly that was last year). And there's still only 5 starters in the top-20 for projected points.

We're probably a little high overall at the top end - if we were going to balance it properly, it would be nice to probably chop off 20-30 points from the top starters, but probably add a few more points to the 2nd tier guys (the Archer/Keuchel caliber of guys). But not sure if there's an easy way to balance that, or whether the current system is "good enough" to live with a few guys counting for more than they probably should.

Maybe the issue is really scarcity of top end pitchers and the scoring is fine. Seems like everyone is looking for pitching and asking prices are like Hall for Larsson

hairnova
12-11-2017, 04:58 PM
Has there been any progress here, team-wise? Do we know how many GMs aren't returning?

I honestly think the best solution is to again contract teams and just make the teams who actually give a **** stronger.

I find 16 is a good number... I know people in these leagues like to have 19-20 teams, but what's the sense if a bunch of those people don't care?

Tully78
12-11-2017, 09:00 PM
I tend to agree. There is nothing worse than having several delinquent owners in a league. Last year was tough, we had a fair amount of guys who just didn’t seem to care.

I’d love to have 18 - 20 great owners, it would be perfect. But, I’d also rather have 16 active owners only, other than adding a few extra teams whose owners aren’t interested.

I may have dropped the ball in not following up to see we wanted to add anyone outside of FI. If so, my apologies. I may know a really good owner or two that would come onboard.

Deckie007
12-11-2017, 09:15 PM
Stubby's buddy has made contact with me. I have to post the rosters of Mindz and Braby so he has an idea of who's available.

Deckie007
12-11-2017, 09:28 PM
Has there been any progress here, team-wise? Do we know how many GMs aren't returning?

I honestly think the best solution is to again contract teams and just make the teams who actually give a **** stronger.

I find 16 is a good number... I know people in these leagues like to have 19-20 teams, but what's the sense if a bunch of those people don't care?

I'm going to address the Elephant in the room. Is this the Montana effect? If you know you have no chance of winning do you want to keep pitching cash into a lost cause and actively manage your team? I feel like when a guy runs circles around the rest of the league with no end in sight it really makes the teams outside the money give zero ****s.

~250 pt win (~500 pts to 3rd place)
~300 pt win
~500 pt win
~430 pt win

The past 4 years. Maybe we need a format change. I dunno. I know I checked out myself, just logging in occasionally to set my lineup and check on prospects.

Habspatrol
12-11-2017, 09:46 PM
I tend to agree. There is nothing worse than having several delinquent owners in a league. Last year was tough, we had a fair amount of guys who just didn’t seem to care.

I’d love to have 18 - 20 great owners, it would be perfect. But, I’d also rather have 16 active owners only, other than adding a few extra teams whose owners aren’t interested.

I may have dropped the ball in not following up to see we wanted to add anyone outside of FI. If so, my apologies. I may know a really good owner or two that would come onboard.

They by no means have to be FI members... we definitely prefer quality over familiarity.

Deckie007
12-11-2017, 09:51 PM
Braby

Pos Player Team Eligible Status Fantasy Points Average Fantasy Points per Game
C Gomes, Yan CLE C,UT Act 99.25 1.46
1B Freeman, Freddie ATL 1B,UT Act 356.25 2.3
2B Lowrie, Jed OAK 2B,UT Act 131 1.62
3B Bregman, Alex HOU 3B,SS,UT Act 316 2.01
SS Turner, Trea WAS SS,UT Act 302.75 1.99
LF Nunez, Eduardo (N/A) 2B,3B,UT Act 228.25 1.72
CF Margot, Manuel SD CF,UT Act 255.5 1.74
RF Cain, Lorenzo (N/A) CF,UT Act 275.5 1.81
UT Bautista, Jose (N/A) RF,UT Act 289.75 1.93
1B Miller, Brad TB 2B,UT Res 225 1.54
LF Dahl, David COL LF,UT Res 224.5 1.71
LF Marte, Starling PIT LF,CF,UT Res 256.25 1.83
SS Semien, Marcus OAK SS,UT IR 240.25 1.69
UT Pompey, Dalton TOR CF,UT IR 0 0
C Alfaro, Jorge PHI C,UT Min 104.5 1.32
1B Rios, Edwin LAD 1B,UT Min 0 0
2B Carpio, Luis NYM 2B,UT Min 0 0
2B Kramer, Kevin PIT 2B,SS,UT Min 0 0
3B Lugo, Dawel DET 3B,SS,UT Min 22.5 0.94
SS Chang, Yu-Cheng CLE SS,UT Min 0 0
SS Cordoba, Allen SD SS,LF,UT Min 35.5 0.67
SS Garcia, Wilkerman NYY SS,UT Min 0 0
SS Giron, Ruddy SD SS,UT Min 0 0
SS Munoz, Yairo OAK 3B,SS,UT Min 22 0.81
SS Sierra, Miguelangel HOU SS,UT Min 0 0
SS Tejeda, Anderson Alexander TEX SS,UT Min 0 0
LF Sanchez, Jesus TB LF,CF,UT Min 0 0
LF Williams, Justin TB LF,UT Min 25.75 1.17
CF Celestino, Gilberto HOU CF,UT Min 0 0
CF Duggar, Steven SF CF,UT Min 19.75 0.79
CF Hermosillo, Michael LAA CF,UT Min 0 0
CF Hernandez, Brayan MIA CF,UT Min 0 0
CF Plummer, Nick STL CF,UT Min 0 0
CF Taveras, Leody TEX CF,UT Min 0 0
RF Gerber, Mike DET RF,UT Min 23.5 0.94
RF Jackson, Alex ATL RF,UT Min 0 0
RF Polo, Tito NYY RF,UT Min 0 0
RF Zagunis, Mark CHC RF,UT Min 24.5 1.07
Totals

Pitching
SP Freeland, Kyle COL SP Act 175.8 6.28
SP Hamels, Cole TEX SP Act 281.65 9.39
SP Pineda, Michael (N/A) SP Act 70.75 8.84
SP Tanaka, Masahiro NYY SP Act 296 9.87
SP Teheran, Julio ATL SP Act 275.15 8.6
RP Dyson, Sam SF RP Act 127.05 2.12
RP Hendriks, Liam OAK RP Act 127 2.02
RP Jones, Nate CHW RP Act 101.3 2.53
RP Rosenthal, Trevor (N/A) RP Act 85.75 1.53
RP Storen, Drew (N/A) RP Act 80.05 1.38
SP Hendricks, Kyle CHC SP Res 288.7 9.02
SP Reed, Cody CIN RP Res 54.3 2.86
RP Jeffress, Jeremy MIL RP Res 101.1 1.66
SP Smyly, Drew (N/A) SP IR 23.65 7.88
SP Cease, Dylan CHW SP Min 0 0
SP Gonzalez, Derian STL SP Min 0 0
SP Perez, Franklin DET SP Min 0 0
RP Burdi, Nick MIN RP Min 0 0
RP Escobar, Luis PIT RP Min 0 0
RP May, Dustin LAD SP,RP Min 0 0

Deckie007
12-11-2017, 09:53 PM
Mindz

C Cervelli, Francisco PIT C,UT Act 79 1.36
1B Joseph, Tommy PHI 1B,UT Act 99.75 1.49
2B Travis, Devon TOR 2B,UT Act 162.75 1.71
3B Rendon, Anthony WAS 3B,UT Act 303.5 2.01
SS Marte, Ketel ARI SS,UT Act 176.5 1.42
LF Duvall, Adam CIN LF,UT Act 298.25 1.91
CF Heyward, Jason CHC RF,UT Act 191.5 1.56
RF Betts, Mookie BOS RF,UT Act 354.25 2.27
UT Judge, Aaron NYY RF,UT Act 359.5 2.35
1B Duda, Lucas (N/A) 1B,UT Res 241.5 1.82
SS Arroyo, Christian SF 3B,UT Res 78.5 1.38
UT Kepler, Max MIN RF,UT Res 258.75 1.73
UT Mancini, Trey BAL 1B,LF,UT Res 266.25 1.74
UT Nimmo, Brandon NYM LF,UT IR 38.75 1.08
C Nottingham, Jacob MIL C,UT Min 0 0
C Viloria, Meibrys KC C,UT Min 0 0
1B Bauers, Jake TB 1B,UT Min 23.75 1.32
1B Hoskins, Rhys PHI 1B,LF,UT Min 332.75 2.22
2B Rosario, Eguy SD 2B,3B,UT Min 0 0
2B Schrock, Max OAK 2B,UT Min 0 0
3B McMahon, Ryan COL 1B,UT Min 85.75 1.26
3B Reyes, Jomar BAL 3B,UT Min 0 0
3B Riley, Austin ATL 3B,UT Min 0 0
SS Adames, Willy TB SS,UT Min 69.75 1.42
SS Bichette, Bo TOR SS,UT Min 0 0
SS Maitan, Kevin ATL SS,UT Min 0 0
LF Randolph, Cornelius PHI LF,UT Min 0 0
CF Frazier, Clint NYY LF,UT Min 183.25 1.5
CF Meadows, Austin PIT CF,UT Min 25.5 1.11
RF Soto, Juan WAS RF,UT Min 0 0
UT Smith, Mallex TB LF,CF,UT Min 93.75 1.09
Totals

Pitching
SP Bailey, Homer CIN SP Act 177.75 6.35
SP Cobb, Alex (N/A) SP Act 245.25 7.91
SP Cotton, Jharel OAK SP Act 201.5 8.4
SP Stephenson, Robert CIN SP Act 211.4 7.55
SP Velasquez, Vince PHI SP Act 171.25 7.78
RP Edwards Jr., Carl CHC RP Act 171.6 2.32
RP Ramirez, Neil CLE RP Act 0 0
RP Rivero, Felipe PIT RP Act 246.6 3.38
RP Torres, Jose M. SD RP Act 99.85 1.66
RP Warren, Adam NYY RP Act 105.65 2.11
SP Keuchel, Dallas HOU SP IR 318.4 10.61
SP Reyes, Alex STL SP IR 198.1 9
RP May, Trevor MIN RP IR 0 0
RP Smith, Will SF RP IR 47.25 1.82
SP Aiken, Brady CLE SP Min 0 0
SP Alvarez, Yadier LAD SP Min 0 0
SP De Leon, Jose TB RP Min 53.15 8.86
SP Harvey, Hunter BAL SP Min 0 0
SP Holmes, Grant OAK SP Min 27.75 6.94
SP Manning, Matt DET SP Min 0 0
SP Romano, Sal CIN SP Min 65.35 2.97
SP Sanchez, Sixto PHI SP Min 0 0
SP Thompson, Jake PHI SP Min 173.15 6.66
SP Thorpe, Lewis MIN SP Min 0 0
SP Toussaint, Touki ATL SP Min 0 0
SP Woodruff, Brandon MIL SP Min 211.65 7.56
RP Lopez, Jorge MIL RP Min 17 2.43

Habspatrol
12-11-2017, 09:54 PM
I'm going to address the Elephant in the room. Is this the Montana effect? If you know you have no chance of winning do you want to keep pitching cash into a lost cause and actively manage your team? I feel like when a guy runs circles around the rest of the league with no end in sight it really makes the teams outside the money give zero ****s.

~250 pt win (~500 pts to 3rd place)
~300 pt win
~500 pt win
~430 pt win

The past 4 years. Maybe we need a format change. I dunno. I know I checked out myself, just logging in occasionally to set my lineup and check on prospects.

Man... that's tough. He's been so dominant it's ridiculous. I hate to stroke his already gargantuan ego... He's actually "toyed" with us by making intentionally lopsided deals where he way overpays for a really good prospect/young player. By doing that, he's actually throwing us a bit of a bone.

I'm not sure we can change rules or format to fight a dynasty. It just has to be done the good ol' fashion way... collusion. Or maybe even team management.

I think we're closing the gap a bit though.

Deckie007
12-11-2017, 10:02 PM
Man... that's tough. He's been so dominant it's ridiculous. I hate to stroke his already gargantuan ego... He's actually "toyed" with us by making intentionally lopsided deals where he way overpays for a really good prospect/young player. By doing that, he's actually throwing us a bit of a bone.

I'm not sure we can change rules or format to fight a dynasty. It just has to be done the good ol' fashion way... collusion. Or maybe even team management.

I think we're closing the gap a bit though.

*shrug*

In all honesty, if I wasn't running the thing I'd probably bow out. It's the only MLB Dynasty I'm in so I'll probably stick around for at least the next season. I think I should hand over the admin of the league anyhow as I have zero interest in running it at this time. Any volunteers?

Habspatrol
12-11-2017, 10:05 PM
That's too bad. I think it's such a great league. I would like to compete for 1st... but for now I think I'm fighting for 2nd.

Deckie007
12-11-2017, 10:10 PM
That's too bad. I think it's such a great league. I would like to compete for 1st... but for now I think I'm fighting for 2nd.

We put in a tonne of work to make it good. Replacing 2 owners every year is very frustrating and to be frank, more work than I want to put in to fantasy anymore.

Habspatrol
12-11-2017, 10:18 PM
I agree... that part sucks. I thought we were getting a good group together... then of course we lose two good managers.

I trust Tully though... if he says he has a couple good managers.

Montana
12-12-2017, 12:04 AM
I'd be surprised if drewser had no interest in taking over Mindz team....he's one of the best managers we've played with in past leagues and that Mindz team is perfectly made for him.

FI member, guy many of us have played fantasy with in the past, high end/active managers...

I got a new phone so don't have him # handy...but if anyone can get ahd on him I think he'd be an ideal addition.

UWHabs
12-12-2017, 12:05 AM
Well, if we want someone to nobly take down Montana, I'm willing to accept highly lopsided deals in my favour. If that's the best interest of the league, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to take :p

But seriously, it doesn't help that anyone coming in basically knows that they've got no shot at #1 in the next couple seasons (although Mindz' roster definitely has a lot of very interesting potential, at least from the hitting side). Of course, I don't think Montana's roster is nearly as dominant as a couple seasons ago, and he could fall off the top seat, at least until Acuna comes up and put up 2.5 fppg in his rookie season...

But we do have a bunch of people in the league who are active and doing moves, though given that we still have half the league that hasn't paid yet, it definitely feels like a bunch of people have somewhat checked out or aren't really paying that much attention. Don't want things to die, but we can't really keep going with only half a league wanting to deal.

Deckie007
12-12-2017, 12:05 AM
I'd be surprised if drewser had no interest in taking over Mindz team....he's one of the best managers we've played with in past leagues and that Mindz team is perfectly made for him.

FI member, guy many of us have played fantasy with in the past, high end/active managers...

I've personally asked drewser on a couple of occasions to join and he's declined. If you can convince him, great.

Montana
12-12-2017, 12:30 AM
Yeah he's always said no in the past primarily due to the lack of talent on the teams available.

Mindz is a rare instance of a team with an elite foundation departing.....hence my suspicion he might now have interest.

Habspatrol
12-12-2017, 08:39 AM
Well, if we want someone to nobly take down Montana, I'm willing to accept highly lopsided deals in my favour. If that's the best interest of the league, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to take :p

I knew you were a swell guy.

hairnova
12-12-2017, 10:21 AM
Another thing I was thinking about last night was the possibility of doing a half re-draft or something like that. Keep a certain amount of players and chuck the rest into free agency.

Might drum up more interest again?

Just throwing ideas out there so the league doesn't burn to the ground.

drewser
12-13-2017, 03:11 PM
Montana offered me a free hand bomber from himself & HP if I joined, so count me in! I'll take Mindz team.

axlsalinger
12-13-2017, 03:15 PM
Welcome aboard sir.

hairnova
12-13-2017, 03:20 PM
Nice, welcome aboard.

drewser
12-13-2017, 03:29 PM
Thanks guys! :)

UWHabs
12-13-2017, 04:14 PM
Welcome aboard! What do you want for Judge?

drewser
12-13-2017, 04:45 PM
Thank you!

I don't see who anyone has yet but no untouchables on my roster, so open to offers!

Deckie007
12-13-2017, 09:14 PM
Stubby's buddy has made contact with me. I have to post the rosters of Mindz and Braby so he has an idea of who's available.

lol

Stubby's friend already joined the forum a few days ago and has been talking to me about rules, etc and we just decide to give away the better team eh?

UWHabs
12-13-2017, 09:31 PM
lol

Stubby's friend already joined the forum a few days ago and has been talking to me about rules, etc and we just decide to give away the better team eh?

That's why you're still the commish. You stop us from doing stupid things :)

Last time we had multiple vacancies I think we did give them out on a first come first served basis, although I think that time we filled them quite far apart. Neither team looks to be a dominant one, but there's definitely a gap in talent between the two (especially since Braby's is missing his first). Would it be fair to have the 2 teams do a dispersal draft between themselves to redraft the 2 rosters? Or does that just screw both of them? Also, need to think if we need to do the same thing we gave a couple of the owners last year with a few free picks of unprotected/FA players, or was that just a "one-time bonus"?

Matrim
12-13-2017, 09:32 PM
If there are two teams coming in at the same time, why not do a draft for them, using the rosters on both teams?

Matrim
12-13-2017, 09:33 PM
That's why you're still the commish. You stop us from doing stupid things :)

Last time we had multiple vacancies I think we did give them out on a first come first served basis, although I think that time we filled them quite far apart. Neither team looks to be a dominant one, but there's definitely a gap in talent between the two (especially since Braby's is missing his first). Would it be fair to have the 2 teams do a dispersal draft between themselves to redraft the 2 rosters? Or does that just screw both of them? Also, need to think if we need to do the same thing we gave a couple of the owners last year with a few free picks of unprotected/FA players, or was that just a "one-time bonus"?

Beat me to it haha

hairnova
12-13-2017, 09:40 PM
Is everyone else back? Seems like there's a few guys who haven't looked at this thread or even logged into Fantrax, for that matter.

Deckie007
12-13-2017, 09:46 PM
As of 5 minutes ago, I transferred Primary Commish to HP. Zero interest in doing it anymore. If anyone wants to help out, I'm sure Axl and HP will appreciate the assistance. Peace.

Montana
12-13-2017, 09:53 PM
lol

If he hadn't chosen one who he wanted yet or posted that he was for sure in....I don't see why we'd now make a fuss when someone has said they're for sure in and will take the team.

Hell, last year I suggested a dispersal draft of teams leaving so new managers could draft their own teams....everyone ignored it, and the teams were given on a first come first serve basis....so this year I specifically tell drewser Mindz team is available, he should take it....and when he does, people want to flip the rules as if he can't take it cause someone else was [I]considering[I] joining?

There's nothing even in the post you quoted that said he was joining, let alone had interest in a specific team.

Deckie007
12-13-2017, 09:54 PM
If he hadn't chosen one who he wanted yet or posted that he was for sure in....I don't see why we'd now make a fuss when someone has said they're for sure in and will take the team.

Hell, last year I suggested a dispersal draft of teams leaving so new managers could draft their own teams....everyone ignored it, and the teams were given on a first come first serve basis....so this year I specifically tell drewser Mindz team is available, he should take it....and when he does, people want to flip the rules as if he can't take it cause someone else was [I]considering[I] joining?

There's nothing even in the post you quoted that said he was joining, let alone had interest in a specific team.Don't care

Not my problem. Sorry new guys.

Habspatrol
12-13-2017, 09:55 PM
Montana offered me a free hand bomber from himself & HP if I joined, so count me in! I'll take Mindz team.

Free??? He told me he'd give $3.

Habspatrol
12-13-2017, 09:58 PM
I thought the way we did it last time was best. With the 2 new managers and 2 teams... they combine the player pools and have a 2 team draft.

Problem solved.

Montana
12-13-2017, 09:59 PM
As of 5 minutes ago, I transferred Primary Commish to HP. Zero interest in doing it anymore. If anyone wants to help out, I'm sure Axl and HP will appreciate the assistance. Peace.

Ahhhh...perfect.

Habspatrol
12-13-2017, 09:59 PM
Or at least that's what we did in one of these leagues. Worked great.

hairnova
12-13-2017, 10:00 PM
I thought the way we did it last time was best. With the 2 new managers and 2 teams... they combine the player pools and have a 2 team draft.

Problem solved.

Should we not make sure everyone else is coming back first?

I'll start a roll call thread just to keep it out of here.

http://www.forumice.com/showthread.php?65393-MLB-Dynasty-Roll-Call

Montana
12-13-2017, 10:02 PM

Problem solved.

We didn't do that from what I recall....that was my suggestion but I believe each was given a team....then they were given early dibs at unprotected players to choose from.

But there wasn't a dispersal draft done for them to create their own teams, as far as I recall.

Hence my specifically offering drewser Mindz team, as per how the league had always done it.

Habspatrol
12-13-2017, 10:03 PM
Should we not make sure everyone else is coming back first?

I'll start a roll call thread just to keep it out of here.

Yeah sure.

Let's put it this way. I say we take all the teams that don't have managers... throw the players in a blender.... then the new managers draft from those players.

Iceman
12-13-2017, 10:05 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm Ty...new to the league but there seems to be a bit of controversy here about team takeovers. I'm all in favour of a dispersal draft for new owners. If we're getting some of the crappier teams, at least we might be able to tailor them to our future plans or favourite players, etc.

I've been playing fantasy for a long time, but new to both Forum Ice and Fantrax sites. Is there a league ID and password I can get to join the league in Fantrax?

Habspatrol
12-13-2017, 10:16 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm Ty...new to the league but there seems to be a bit of controversy here about team takeovers. I'm all in favour of a dispersal draft for new owners. If we're getting some of the crappier teams, at least we might be able to tailor them to our future plans or favourite players, etc.

I've been playing fantasy for a long time, but new to both Forum Ice and Fantrax sites. Is there a league ID and password I can get to join the league in Fantrax?

Welcome Ty. Thanks for the offer. We'll see if Drewser had his mind set on a specific team or if he's willing to cut his teeth in this league with a draft as well.

As for Fantrax... create a user account there and give me the email address you use.

Montana
12-13-2017, 10:21 PM
drewser is out.

Bravo.

Habspatrol
12-13-2017, 10:27 PM
For real? He either wanted the best team or he's out? Not even willing to do a draft with the other new guy?

drewser
12-13-2017, 10:28 PM
I don't love coming into a league with a team I didn't pick...it took Montana 3+ hrs to convince me I could work with what I had. I didn't love this team in the first place, so if it's only going to be weakened I don't have much interest. Sorry guys

Montana
12-13-2017, 10:31 PM
For real? He either wanted the best team or he's out? Not even willing to do a draft with the other new guy?

He wanted the team he was offered....just like this league had done every other time a team came available (short of TH dispersal).

Then he accepts...and the league pulls the team out from under him to introduce a new system?

I get why he's out. Its bullshit.

Habspatrol
12-13-2017, 10:31 PM
I don't love coming into a league with a team I didn't pick...it took Montana 3+ hrs to convince me I could work with what I had. I didn't love this team in the first place, so if it's only going to be weakened I don't have much interest. Sorry guys

Wouldn't it be a team that you picked though? You'd actually draft the players yourself.

But hey... if you're not interested that's how you feel.

drewser
12-13-2017, 10:34 PM
From a pool of two teams...one that I had no interest in and one that took Montana a long time to convince me to take.

Sure someone else will be fine to take part though.

Habspatrol
12-13-2017, 10:37 PM
He wanted the team he was offered....just like this league had done every other time a team came available (short of TH dispersal).

Then he accepts...and the league pulls the team out from under him to introduce a new system?

I get why he's out. Its bullshit.

I never even knew there was an agreement to give someone a specific team. Who was involved in this decision?

Montana
12-13-2017, 10:39 PM
Who made the decision to give anyone a team in the past?....other than we offered, they accepted a team, and they were in.

That's how it was always done.

Montana
12-13-2017, 10:41 PM
http://www.forumice.com/showthread.php?65295-2018-MLB-Off-Season-Thread&p=2920139&viewfull=1#post2920139

...and in this post Deckie quoted me saying I was gonna offer drewser the team, to which he says: "If you can convince him, great."

Did I need more confirmation than that? Haha.

Iceman
12-13-2017, 10:45 PM
Don't want to cause any conflict here guys. It looks like you recently had a commish change, and the rules for distributing the open teams are kind of up in the air.

Why don't you guys settle how you want to distribute those teams first and foremost. I haven't even seen the squads or which players are on them yet so I'm not too invested here.

If you want drewser aboard and want to give him a particular team, I can bow out fairly easily. Wouldn't mind seeing the rosters but it sounds like one is pretty bad and years away from doing much. I'll keep an eye on the thread and see how it all works out.

My email address is box37@hotmail.com, by the way.

Habspatrol
12-13-2017, 10:54 PM
From a pool of two teams...one that I had no interest in and one that took Montana a long time to convince me to take.

Sure someone else will be fine to take part though.

No offence but that seems kinda lame.

I know for a fact you're a better fantasy baseball manager than maybe anyone else here (Montana is probably the only one that I'd say is better but even then it's not a sure thing)... definitely significantly better than me. You'd do well in the 2 team draft... and really... the 2nd team isn't some wasteland that will bring the quality of the other team into the gutter. There are a bunch of good pieces and you still come out of the draft with a top 5 team in this league.

So I'm sorry if you wanted to come into a league where the rest of us have put $40 a year for like 6 years with little to no return and start out with a team that is chock full of valuable assets. If you're not willing to do a dispersal draft that might slightly lower the overall quality of what will be a top 5 squad... I can't say I feel too bad about it.

I was happy when you had accepted an invite, and it sucks that you're now backing out. But it's obviously up to you.

Montana
12-13-2017, 10:56 PM
He wasn't offered one of two teams.....or a dispersal draft.

I specifically offered him Mindz team, because it came available and drewser is the best fantasy baseball manager I know and thought he'd be a welcome addition to the league.

Its on us for pulling the offer after he accepted.....negging him after the fact and acting like he's somehow to blame isn't necessary.

We f*cked up...not him.

drewser
12-13-2017, 11:10 PM
No offence but that seems kinda lame.

Ok...please ask Montana how long it took him to convince me to take Mindz team and how many times I said not interested over the course of our conversation last night/this afternoon.

So I'm sorry if you wanted to come into a league where the rest of us have put $40 a year for like 6 years with little to no return and start out with a team that is chock full of valuable assets. If you're not willing to do a dispersal draft that might slightly lower the overall quality of what will be a top 5 squad... I can't say I feel too bad about it.

1) I was approached...I didn't come crawling or begging for this team

2) Not looking to donate $40 to your pot for a team I'm not interested in so save your "so I'm sorry if you wanted to come into a league where the rest of us have been paying $40 a year" bullshit. As you know, I'm competitive in these leagues and put more time then I should into them...not willing to do it for a team that I have no interest in when I already play in more than I should.

I see why you guys would want to go the dispersal draft route but I didn't agree to take the team under those conditions. If the league ever resets, you can let me know and I'd be happy to join.

Habspatrol
12-13-2017, 11:11 PM
Well yeah, that team was never going to be a tough sell. I welcomed the challenge of having another great manager... but I don't feel bad that we're trying to do the right this for the 2 new managers.

Like I said, he's still be coming out of the dispersal draft with a really good team and probably competing this year... and you and he would likely dominating this league for the next... eternity.

As a guy that willingly walked away from co-managing your future juggernaut to take over an absolute shit show of a team here... and I walked away from a dynasty in the hockey league to take over a shit show... I have zero sympathy here. There is zero doubt in my mind that Drewser takes Mindz team OR the dispersal draft version of the team to the top 5 in year 1 and top 2 within 2 to 3 years.

drewser
12-13-2017, 11:13 PM
Well yeah, that team was never going to be a tough sell.

Lol...I think Montana would beg to differ.

No hard feelings, I just have no interest in taking the team under those conditions.

UWHabs
12-14-2017, 12:47 AM

Thanks for all you've done for the league. Hopefully stepping away from shaking us down for money will do you some good.

Otherwise, given that we seem to have (almost kind of) found both managers at the same time, it does only seem fair to go the dispersal route. Of course, obviously that wasn't really decided beforehand, and that wasn't how drewser was sold on joining, so now we're in a kind of a pickle. I do think the teams would mix together quite well - B21's team has a lot of great young talents, but doesn't have a ton of minor league depth, while Mindz' team obviously has a ton of prospect power, but still a few years away from them getting to the show.

But the first thing we need to do is get the hard yes' from all the other managers. We've still got 5 managers who we do need to make sure are back, since we might have to do a drastically different plan if we end up with 4 manager holes to fill.

Habspatrol
12-14-2017, 08:53 AM
I agree with everything UW said.

Seems to me that both new managers were told basically the same thing. Drewser was told he could have Mindz' team and Ty was told he could have his choice of the 2 teams. They basically agreed to join at the same time.

So we either "screw" one of them over by giving the better team to the other guy... or we can do a dispersal draft.

Now either way it sucks cause it looks like Drewser is out unless he gets the better team. Although I maintain that even in a dispersal draft there are 2 teams that are better than the majority of the league.

Like UW said, we should get word back from all managers to see if they're returning before making the final decision. I will reach out to them today.

hairnova
01-02-2018, 12:34 PM
Sooo, let's make a decision here... looks like we're down four teams – The Mookie Monster, JF16, dbdeuce and The Metal Clan.

hairnova
01-03-2018, 11:34 AM
No?

Ok.

Habspatrol
01-03-2018, 11:57 AM
Well I think we have enough guys to take over. We have Ty, Fitzgerald#11 and then Tully says he has 2 friends that would be interested. I find it hard to believe that he has 2 friends, but I guess we'll see.

That's 4 managers to do a 4 team dispersal draft.

I'll work on contacting everyone.

hairnova
01-03-2018, 12:00 PM
Sweet, would be nice to get that going and done with.

Habspatrol
01-03-2018, 12:01 PM
Yes the Christmas season definitely messed with the timeline. Hopefully we can get these guys drafting by the weekend.

hairnova
01-03-2018, 12:02 PM
Want me to compile the list of players from the four vacant teams? Or are they allowed to take players from free agency as well?

Habspatrol
01-03-2018, 12:23 PM
Want me to compile the list of players from the four vacant teams? Or are they allowed to take players from free agency as well?

I'd say just the 4 vacant teams for now. Maybe start a "2018 Dispersal Draft" thread.

hairnova
01-03-2018, 12:59 PM
Ok will do.

hairnova
01-03-2018, 01:30 PM
Starting to compile the list and I'm looking forward to seeing how this plays out... lots of talent available on these teams.

Tully78
01-04-2018, 01:17 PM
I’ve got one buddy in for sure. He’ll get signed up for FI tomorrow, but is already on Fantrax.

As Ray alluded to, I’m trying to find another friend. I’d be able to say that I have “friends” for the first time ever! Hopefully this person will be a baseball fan, otherwise what’s the point?

Habspatrol
01-04-2018, 02:23 PM
Thanks Tully... if it helps you can tell this other guy that I'm your friend too. That way he doesn't think you're weird for only having 1 friend. By the time he realizes the truth it'll be too late, he'll already be in the league

Action Jackson
01-05-2018, 02:59 PM
Contrary to popular belief, Tully does have at least one friend. I am that guy. If there is a team available, I would love to join the league.

The Green Hornet
01-05-2018, 03:18 PM
my interest in baseball is next to non existent right now, and while i always loved this league, with so many changes it seems the time for me to bow out is here. good luck to you all. hopefully somebody can take down montana, disappointed i couldn't do it

Habspatrol
01-05-2018, 07:16 PM
Well that really sucks.

We didn't really change anything. Heck, with 4 new and interested managers I thought we were ready for a resurgence.

But if you've lost interest... I understand.

Thanks for the years of great managing. Cheers.

hairnova
01-06-2018, 03:49 PM
So, looks like we still need to find two more managers. Any ideas?

hairnova
01-08-2018, 03:47 PM
One thing I'd like to see is the league start to use the draft room on Fantrax for our drafts.

We'd just have to drop any of our unprotected players into free agency and then pick them back up after the draft is complete.

Anyone opposed to this?

UWHabs
01-08-2018, 03:54 PM
One thing I'd like to see is the league start to use the draft room on Fantrax for our drafts.

We'd just have to drop any of our unprotected players into free agency and then pick them back up after the draft is complete.

Anyone opposed to this?

It worked well for the draft in the other league, so I'm good with that.

Tully78
01-08-2018, 07:09 PM

Anyone opposed to this?

+1

Habspatrol
01-08-2018, 11:13 PM
I'd like that as well. So much better than drafting on here.

hairnova
01-08-2018, 11:20 PM
Might as well implement that then.

We also might want to think about starting some kind of rules committee because I find whenever we wait for votes/opinions from everyone in the league, nothing gets done.

Montana
01-09-2018, 06:50 PM
We should also try to think of something to protect against managers doing what GH did.....trade away a ton of his future first round picks, then just bailing.

UWHabs
01-09-2018, 11:34 PM
We should also try to think of something to protect against managers doing what GH did.....trade away a ton of his future first round picks, then just bailing.

Trading your next 4 first round picks is probably a little excessive for a dynasty league. I don't know if it's as simple as just saying that you can't trade picks more than 2 years ahead of time (which presumably we could edit in the league rules?).

If someone really wants to go all in, we can't really prevent them from doing that - I could have all my future picks around but still have a bare prospect pool and no young talent on the roster, and that might be worse than simply dealing away all my picks. But agreed that it really makes it hard to get someone to come into a real rebuild - back when I thought it might be just B21's team up for grabs, I messaged one or two people, and it's impossible to sell a team when you have to start with "so they were a bottom-4 last year, but doesn't have their first round pick..."

hairnova
01-10-2018, 12:02 AM
I agree with not allowing teams to deal picks so far into the future. We're currently allowed to trade 2023 picks, let's make it 2-3 years max. (It's an easy fix on Fantrax.)

Tully78
01-10-2018, 09:41 AM
I'm definitely opposed to limiting the manner in which people can use their assets. As it pertains to B21's team, he had (has) a really strong, young nucleus at the ML level. His team wasn't far off from competing, he took a shot and then got completely destroyed with injuries. I don't think he had any expectation to end up with a top 5 pick again. I figured he'd finish in the top 5, as opposed to the bottom 5, after he made all of his moves early in the year. On top of that, you at least have to give him some credit for recognizing his season was going off the rails and picking up another 1st round pick to help offset the loss of his.

I'm a believer in allowing everyone to manage their team however they see fit. And, limiting their ability to trade picks seems counterintuitive to the point of the league. Next we'd be setting limits on how many top 25 prospects a guy can move in a year. Or how many players under 25 they can sell. I don't think we can intervene on all of that stuff.

I do certainly agree that we should cut down on how many years worth of picks that we have available to us. That'll help remedy the problem. I think a rolling 3 years makes sense overall, but I'd be onboard with whatever the consensus thinks. BUT, you can never safeguard against a guy trading all of his 1st round picks for Mat effing Latos, unless we go to voting on trades. Which is something I don't think anyone wants to do.

From my perspective, we have had two major issues and they basically go hand in hand. We have a quitting issue. And, we have an issue wherein virtually nobody feels as though they have a shot to win, so they end up quitting hahaha.

We're in a position where we can refresh this thing. I'm excited to see how it all shakes out and hopefully the league will get back on track.

Tully78
01-10-2018, 09:43 AM
I'm also going to throw this out there. I hate the 20 GP limit to gain position eligibility. It's too much and it should be 10. There, I said it. Flame away, fellas hahaha

UWHabs
01-10-2018, 11:30 AM
I'm also going to throw this out there. I hate the 20 GP limit to gain position eligibility. It's too much and it should be 10. There, I said it. Flame away, fellas hahaha

I look at this and for some guys, I'd agree that the 20 is too restrictive. So a guy like Altherr, who's a corner OF who played 19 games in CF, I don't have a problem with him being rated in CF. Even a guy like Matt Olson only played 12 games in RF, but given that he only played 50 games last year, it feels like that should be "enough" to be listed as a RF this year.

But then you get other cases - Freeman played 16 games at 3B. Is that enough that someone should be able to set him as their starting 3B all year this year? Or Rizzo, who played 10 outs at 2B, it feels like a mockery of the system to be able to use him as your starting 2B. Even a guy like Chris Taylor only played 14 games at SS, is that enough that he should take up a starting SS position in the league?

While it's frustrating for building your team, and while it's especially annoying if you have a corner OF who's in the midst of moving from RF to LF or vice versa, it does make for a bit more strategic considerations. And you can still gain eligibility mid-season, so whenever Stanton gets his 10 games in LF he'll start getting carded as a LF for the rest of the season.

As for the other point, I certainly don't want to go down having a veto or voting on trades. The shorter pick trading window is probably a fairly easy thing to do - letting us trade up to 2020 right now is probably fine. For example, Mindz has been rebuilding for a few years now, yet has no changes to his picks in 2020 and beyond. So that would be 3 years, including the current year.

Montana
01-10-2018, 02:25 PM
Even a guy like Matt Olson only played 12 games in RF, but given that he only played 50 games last year, it feels like that should be "enough" to be listed as a RF this year.

I feel like Matt Olson is an ideal example of someone our rules perfectly apply to.

He played 43 games last at first base, 12 in RF. He earned dual eligibility last season and could play at both, and this year (to my knowledge) is pegged to be their every day first baseman, while holding only 1b eligibility.

There'd be little logic to him having RF eligibility this season, while potentially rarely/never playing there.......on the other hand, if he was their starting RF this year, and our current set up missed carrying over his eligibility, the "miss" is rectified 10 games into our season when he'd earn it again.

Which is ultimately what our current set up is aiming for.....guys having eligibility at the positions they play full time.

------------

Re:trading draft picks.....I was thinking maybe managers could be allowed to trade picks from any season they've paid for. You pay for this coming season, you can deal your 2019 pick.....want to deal your 2020 too? Prepay for 2020 so we know you aren't bailing....people commited to staying long term, can pay/trade picks as they please....people not fully commited to future years, can trade the picks from the upcoming season.

You own what you've paid for.

Tully78
01-10-2018, 05:58 PM
Jose Ramirez is slated to be the full time 3B for the Indians this year with Kipnis shifting back as full time 2B. Should we remove Ramirez' 2B eligibility? There's little logic in allowing him to be played there, right?

Of course, I'm just playing devil's advocate, my friend. Not ill intent meant. I'm just saying that we can pretty much make reasonable argument for whichever stance we believe in.

As for only being able to trade picks for the seasons that have been paid for, I can't say that I'm a huge fan of that. But, I can certainly see the value in the idea. It would be an advantage for everyone who wants to pay up, that's for sure. Perhaps it would also help to keep guys in the league long term, as well.

Montana
01-10-2018, 06:25 PM
Jose Ramirez is slated to be the full time 3B for the Indians this year with Kipnis shifting back as full time 2B. Should we remove Ramirez' 2B eligibility? There's little logic in allowing him to be played there, right?

In an ideal system yes. If he's a full time 3B in 2018, we would want him to only have 3b eligibility.....In a perfect world.

...but it'd be way too much work for the commish to have to manually adjust for every player that applied to, so we aim for a system that comes closest to what our goals are. Which is guys having eligibility at their primary position.

The fact Jose Ramirez is one of the outliers.....and might benefit from eligibility at a position he won't play this year, but received because he played 70+ games at the position last year.....is the kind of outlier we're fine having.

Lowering the threshold for GP to maintain eligibility year to year tho, only increases the number of potential outliers, where a guy has eligibility at a position he no longer plays. (For one extra year).

Tully78
01-10-2018, 07:09 PM
I only engage in online debates when statements are wildly absurd hahaha.

While there is certainly a fair amount of conjecture in the above statement, I can see where you are coming from and understand your point. We shall agree to disagree, good sir.

Like I said, if nobody feels the same way as I do, I’m happy to keep it as is.

Habspatrol
01-10-2018, 07:45 PM
Re:trading draft picks.....I was thinking maybe managers could be allowed to trade picks from any season they've paid for. You pay for this coming season, you can deal your 2019 pick.....want to deal your 2020 too? Prepay for 2020 so we know you aren't bailing....people commited to staying long term, can pay/trade picks as they please....people not fully commited to future years, can trade the picks from the upcoming season.

You own what you've paid for.

That's pretty interesting. I really like the concept. It could be a bit of a logistical issue. Someone would have to "hold" that money, and I don't want to.

Matrim
01-10-2018, 07:54 PM
I haven't chimed in yet but I will now:

- The dispersal draft is great and hopefully it gets the league going again
- Draft room in Fantrax is great as well. Will the draft be conducted in one day then? If so we should set a date soon
- Keep the eligibility as it is, I've really liked the system we have, if we go to 10 games we'll get the crazy eligibility options some players get on Yahoo.
- And I do agree that we should do something about the draft picks, either option Montana suggested would be good. Or simply keep it to 2 years of picks that you can move.

As soon as we can we should start setting dates for everything so people can plan ahead; send out emails, PM's and update the MLB Dynasty Rules.

Habspatrol
01-10-2018, 07:59 PM
I agree with everything Matrim said.

We'll set some deadlines soon. I want to give it one more shot to find another manager. I really don't want to contract another team.

Tully78
01-10-2018, 08:06 PM
All good trying to find another manager, as long as they are a legitimate addition. I’d hate to settle for someone again and end up doing this dance before next season.

I like my managers/teams the same way I like my trades: quality over quantity. Or, drunk. It’s why I love Bull so much, he can help you out with either and/or both qualifications.

Montana
01-10-2018, 08:14 PM
That's pretty interesting. I really like the concept. It could be a bit of a logistical issue. Someone would have to "hold" that money, and I don't want to.

I'm not positive...but I think there might be something that allows for that through Fantrax Treasurer.

hairnova
01-11-2018, 10:22 AM
- Draft room in Fantrax is great as well. Will the draft be conducted in one day then? If so we should set a date soon

No it'd still be a slow draft, we'd just do it directly on Fantrax instead of here.

I think these drafts are far too important to the future of everyone's teams to rattle off in one night... plus you can never get everyone present at one time.

hairnova
01-11-2018, 12:46 PM
What should we do with future picks, in regards to the dispersal draft?

The 2018 picks are going into the draft but what do we do with 2019/2020/2021?

hairnova
01-11-2018, 12:50 PM
^ The only 2021 pick that has been traded is GH's 1st to Blueman. I say we return that 1st to the new team but give Blueman a compensation 1st.

Then we only have to deal with 2019/2020. Do we put all those picks in the dispersal draft too? (not sure how we'd do that though, as they're owned by teams and not just numbers like 2018.)

hairnova
01-11-2018, 01:33 PM
Before I post the player pool for the dispersal draft, here's the draft lottery.

https://www.diigo.com/file/image/saqepeezeddsoobcbzdcpacaea/lotteryFI2018.jpg

Habspatrol
01-11-2018, 01:55 PM
What should we do with future picks, in regards to the dispersal draft?

The 2018 picks are going into the draft but what do we do with 2019/2020/2021?

Future picks can't be part of the draft. They will all get future picks with their new teams.

Tully78
01-11-2018, 02:01 PM
Future picks can't be part of the draft. They will all get future picks with their new teams.

I think he's talking about traded future picks. The teams going into the dispersal draft own them now. Do we pretend they don't exist and kill them? I would hate to see them given back to the old team for nothing (ie: basically a comp pick).

I would put all the traded picks into the dispersal draft and let people select them whenever they like. They are tangible assets and were managed as such.

Tully78
01-11-2018, 02:03 PM
Actually, upon further thought, I'm with Ray. Future picks cannot be selected. Give them all back to the appropriate manager!!!

Editor's Note: Jonas had traded all of my future picks.

hairnova
01-11-2018, 02:08 PM
I was mostly just wondering what we were going to do with the picks, the traded picks being the biggest concern.

hairnova
01-11-2018, 02:17 PM
These are the future picks involving teams in the dispersal draft.

https://www.diigo.com/file/image/saqepeezedoaoeasczdcpsrqdd/futurepicks.jpg?k=ee8bb10fd5662b98c930c20c4d9a2b3e

UWHabs
01-11-2018, 02:39 PM
Yeah, it's an awkward case. I think what makes the most sense:
-All the new teams will get all their own picks by default for future drafts (2018 draft obviously all those picks will be chosen in the draft)
-Any acquired picks owned by the dispersed rosters are valuable assets and can be drafted. So, for example, Mindz owns hair's 2019 3rd round pick, that one can be drafted.
-Any picks owned by someone else of a dispersed team will be kept, but essentially added interspersed through the round. Or maybe we add them in a "supplemental round" partway through the round? So, for example, we simply declare that GH's 2019 1st rounder is the 11th overall pick in the round, and everyone else's picks get bumped back by 1?
-Any picks traded between teams who get dispersed obviously go away. So GH's 2019 2nd is owned by B21, since both teams are leaving, that picks goes away.

I think there's only a handful of "extra" picks that would need to be kept around in those situations (mostly GH's future traded picks), so we're probably not adding more than 1 pick per round. Is there a way on the site to store or give people "extra" picks for future drafts?

*thanks for the full list. Based on that:
-2019 Nuke 1st can be drafted
-2019 GH 2nd vanishes
-2019 GH 3rd turns into a compensation pick that's now the 11th pick of the 3rd round that year
etc...

hairnova
01-11-2018, 02:50 PM
I don't think there's a way to add or store extra picks for future drafts, but we can just make a thread with those picks and sticky it to keep track of it on here.

Tully78
01-11-2018, 02:52 PM
It seems like a reasonable solution to me.

hairnova
01-11-2018, 03:00 PM
Ok, so these are the picks currently owned by non-dispersal draft managers.

https://www.diigo.com/file/image/saqepeezedoaorqcrzdcpssaqq/futurepicks2.jpg?k=4b8b3d68807ce05430fda115b764497 e

hairnova
01-11-2018, 04:09 PM
I also think we should start preparing rules, or at least come up with a general idea, for a potential 2019 expansion draft if we decide to go into this season with 17 teams.

UWHabs
01-11-2018, 04:44 PM
I also think we should start preparing rules, or at lease come up with a general idea, for a potential 2019 expansion draft if we decide to go into this season with 17 teams.

Would be good to have general rules down so people don't try to tweak it too much to their specific roster at the time. I'd suggest something along the following lines
-I don't necessarily like the expansion team getting the first overall pick by default. I'd throw them into the lotto, though with as good or better odds of getting the top pick as anyone else.
-Going from 17 to 18, with a total roster size of 55, logically the new owner should probably draft 3 players from each team. Roughly speaking, it would be one major league player, and 2 minor league players (or maybe 1 minor leaguer + 1 bench bat).
-Although once you get to the bottom roster spots, those are more or less interchangeable. So maybe best if the new owner officially drafts 2 players from each team (to build to a roster of 34), and then we find a way to give them more picks to fill out the roster otherwise. We could even do something like give them an extra 2-3 picks per round of the draft, so at least they can fill out the bottom of their roster with players who weren't from anyone else's roster.
-The 2 choices for doing the draft I think would either be in a rounds format, where each team would protect, say 15 guys, then have one drafted from the team, then maybe you can protect another 10 guys, and then have someone else taken. Or the second option would be each team simply submitting a list of 20(ish?) keepers, and then they would pick 2 players from each team (maybe with limitations, so must be one major leaguer and one minor leaguer, one hitter and one pitcher, so that I don't lose 2 guys from my bullpen, for example)

I don't know where the limits should be. We don't want a Las Vegas situation where they come in, poach an insane amount of talent, and become the dominant force of the league. But we can't give them scrubs and expect to draw new interest.

Tully78
01-11-2018, 04:46 PM
Lots of solid talent in there. This should be a very interesting dispersal draft.

hairnova
01-11-2018, 05:01 PM
Love those guidelines, definitely something we can work off of and maybe tweak a bit.

hairnova
01-11-2018, 05:08 PM
A couple of other things to discuss:

- Should we make players with red flags eligible to be placed on the DL?

- Protected/unprotected lists.

These aren't necessarily things I'm for or against, just think it's a good time to bring up specifics to this league because there aren't many original managers left.

UWHabs
01-11-2018, 05:24 PM
A couple of other things to discuss:

- Should we make players with red flags eligible to be placed on the DL?

- Protected/unprotected lists.

These aren't necessarily things I'm for or against, just think it's a good time to bring up specifics to this league because there aren't many original managers left.

-Red flags, I would say no. Although because we're not subbing out players mid-week, it doesn't come up too often, since teams are pretty good at getting guys on the DL immediately if they know they're missing any length of time. I think Fantrax is a little aggressive at marking the flags, too, where at the first sign of sniffles they have that marker down.

-Protected lists - I can go wither way with them. But especially if we want to use the fantrax drafting, I'd be fine with simply saying that we get 20 pro keepers and 30 minor league keepers, everyone else is cut. If you want your guy back, you have to redraft them.

The other one we should figure out is how to get people more aware of their roster violations. If you miss a guy aging out of the minors for a week, that's not a big deal - those game marks sneak up on you. But I know last year there were a few guys who were kept in the minors for like a month after they aged out.

Tully78
01-11-2018, 05:26 PM
I think the parameters laid out by UW are a good starting base for sure. Perhaps some tweaks with a bit more insight from other managers. I do prefer option two where we have a protected list and the new owner can draft anyone outside of that. I'd maybe even lower the protected limit to 15ish and limit to the selection process to one position loss only per team, as UW mentioned.

Agreed that we definitely cannot fill the team with scrubs and expect to attract anyone to the team. I don't want no scrubs. A scrub is a guy who can't get no love from me. Hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, trying to holla at me!

We should be able to move players with a red flag to IR. If a guy is hurt, he's hurt and our ability to account for that shouldn't be predicated on whether a team moves the player to IR or not. Once rosters expand, nobody moves over.

Should we do the protected/unprotected list before the dispersal draft and allow the new owners to pick out of there, as well?

hairnova
01-11-2018, 06:01 PM
Nah I think if we're going to keep the protected/unprotected lists intact, that goes toward the main draft and shouldn't be part of the dispersal draft.

Habspatrol
01-11-2018, 08:02 PM
Awesome job on this Nova. Thanks for your effort.

axlsalinger
01-11-2018, 11:03 PM
Yeah, thanks for doing the heavy lifting. Great job.

Deckie007
01-11-2018, 11:04 PM
Hairnova is best Nova.

hairnova
01-12-2018, 12:39 AM
No problem guys.

hairnova
01-15-2018, 01:47 PM
I'm in the process of setting things up on Fantrax so it's a bit of a mess right now.

All the old teams have been removed from the league with their rosters moving to the player pool and I've created teams for the new managers.

I forgot that I can't delete Taco's team because he has already paid for this season so I've contacted Fantrax to move his profile over to a blank team, so just waiting on that right now.

Next up, I'll work on inputting draft picks so we can use the Draft Room.

hairnova
01-15-2018, 02:04 PM
Ok, I figured out how to clear Taco's team without Fantrax doing anything so all is good there now too.

Onto the draft picks.

UWHabs
01-15-2018, 02:14 PM
I'm in the process of setting things up on Fantrax so it's a bit of a mess right now.

All the old teams have been removed from the league with their rosters moving to the player pool and I've created teams for the new managers.

I forgot that I can't delete Taco's team because he has already paid for this season so I've contacted Fantrax to move his profile over to a blank team, so just waiting on that right now.

Next up, I'll work on inputting draft picks so we can use the Draft Room.

Thanks! Let us know if you need any help with anything. We'll have to monitor in the draft to make sure teams aren't grabbing guys from the FA pool and only from the dispersed rosters. Certainly interesting to see which direction the teams go with the rosters.

hairnova
01-15-2018, 02:18 PM
Draft picks are now configured.

All the picks that are in the dispersal draft are set to "(none)" so you won't be able to see them right now. They'll be updated as they get picked.

hairnova
01-15-2018, 02:21 PM
Thanks! Let us know if you need any help with anything. We'll have to monitor in the draft to make sure teams aren't grabbing guys from the FA pool and only from the dispersed rosters. Certainly interesting to see which direction the teams go with the rosters.

No problem, I had some time today to get things in order so it's nothing to me.

I'll get the managers set up on Fantrax when I can but they won't have access to claims or anything.

We'll do the dispersal draft outside of Fantrax... thinking I'll set up a group chat because not everyone wants to post on here, and then I can update the dispersal draft thread/import the picks as it goes along.

hairnova
01-15-2018, 02:26 PM
I came across an app last night called GroupMe that looks like a good communications app... I think it'd be a good idea to set up a group chat for the league on there.

Thoughts?

Habspatrol
01-15-2018, 04:36 PM
I'd use whatever the majority want.

That said, I know a bunch of us already use Whatsapp and it's perfect for group chat. Again, I'm good with whatever.

hairnova
01-15-2018, 05:24 PM
Not sure why but I'm not a huge fan of WhatsApp.

Montana
01-15-2018, 05:54 PM
Love the idea of getting a league wide group chat going....with HP though where I'd prefer WhatsApp as that's where I already talk to everyone else, including a bunch of leaguemates here.

Habspatrol
01-15-2018, 08:42 PM
Not sure why but I'm not a huge fan of WhatsApp.

Yeah, I got the impression you didn't like it. I have no idea why that would be. It's a great app imo. Perfect for group chat.

Iceman
01-16-2018, 12:28 AM
Thanks for putting together such a sizable list! You guys definitely go deep as there are a lot of names on the list I haven't even heard of! LOL

One thing I need to understand is the draft picks on the right side of the list. I take it those are assets we could draft instead of a player? Who gets drafted each year? Just the players who are selected in the actual MLB rookie draft? International free agent signings? Anyone unowned?

UWHabs
01-16-2018, 02:07 AM
Thanks for putting together such a sizable list! You guys definitely go deep as there are a lot of names on the list I haven't even heard of! LOL

One thing I need to understand is the draft picks on the right side of the list. I take it those are assets we could draft instead of a player? Who gets drafted each year? Just the players who are selected in the actual MLB rookie draft? International free agent signings? Anyone unowned?

Yes, you can take one of those picks instead of a player. The first year draft is for anyone who has signed with an MLB team who's not on a roster; generally speaking, it's a combination of the players in last year's MLB draft, or any international amateurs from the past year, or any international established players who've signed. After the first couple rounds you sometimes start seeing guys who were not on one of our rosters at the end of last year get picked, but as you can see, given the depth that the league goes to, those tend to be more bench bats, or bullpen arms who someone wants to take a flyer on. Teams also have to leave a couple players unprotected before the draft, so sometimes those guys get taken as well.

You can look on the boards here for the draft thread from last year to have an idea of what those picks might be worth. I would assume that pick 1 or 2 will be Ohtani, for example, and then usually the next few top picks will be the top guys in the MLB draft from last year, or the top amateur free agents from last year.

Kellen2000
01-16-2018, 09:33 AM
I came across an app last night called GroupMe that looks like a good communications app... I think it'd be a good idea to set up a group chat for the league on there.

Thoughts?

I like the idea of a group chat on an app, especially if we are doing the dispersal draft outside of the Fantrax website. Open for giving anything a try, just tell me which app to download.

hairnova
01-16-2018, 10:19 AM
I was talking to Kris last night and he doesn't really have internet access during weekdays, so I was thinking we should plan an hour or two an evening where the six guys can get on and hammer a bunch of rounds away.

hairnova
01-16-2018, 10:51 AM
I don't see why there's any reason we can't get this started now...

So, Action Jackson... you're on the clock.

hairnova
01-16-2018, 01:06 PM
Will the new teams have to leave players unprotected or will we waive that for this season?

UWHabs
01-16-2018, 01:16 PM
Will the new teams have to leave players unprotected or will we waive that for this season?

Should probably waive that for this season (especially if we're forcing teams to dump their unprotected players, doesn't make sense for them to draft guys, then release them and add them back later). I guess the dispersal draft should go through as long as those teams can legally keep adding players to their roster (or picks), and then teams can essentially pass at some point to note that they're done picking?

Tully78
01-16-2018, 01:18 PM
We waived it last year, I'd waive it again this year. Mind you, last year we gave the new managers an unprotected draft, which is why I brought it up earlier to include those guys in this draft. We should try and stay as consistent as possible, really.

In any event, that ship has sailed. I still wouldn't make them unprotect anyone. Tough to punish those who draft really well when they are arguably behind everyone else already.

hairnova
01-16-2018, 01:27 PM
Yeah I was leaning towards waiving it this year too. Done.

hairnova
01-16-2018, 01:30 PM
We should also start thinking about when we want to start the main draft (I set it for March 3 on Fantrax but that isn't anything official) and set a date for protected lists.

Edit: The rules thread has March 1 for the start of the draft/protection list/payment... should we keep those dates?

Habspatrol
01-16-2018, 01:47 PM
If they're drafting full teams, including reserve spots, I'd think that the new teams would unprotect players. Especially since we're allowing other teams to join the draft.

Habspatrol
01-16-2018, 01:48 PM
We should also start thinking about when we want to start the main draft (I set it for March 3 on Fantrax but that isn't anything official) and set a date for protected lists.

Edit: The rules thread has March 1 for the start of the draft/protection list/payment... should we keep those dates?

March 1st seems like a reasonable target.

hairnova
01-16-2018, 01:54 PM
Yeah I was leaning towards waiving it this year too. Done.

If they're drafting full teams, including reserve spots, I'd think that the new teams would unprotect players. Especially since we're allowing other teams to join the draft.

Ok, maybe not done!

Montana
01-16-2018, 01:59 PM
I'm fine with drafting teams not having to protect guys.

Just wanted to double check that these guys are all already signed up to Fantrax & can use the player pool option to sort by available talent/projected points etc.

We're only two picks it, but it already seems really curious that a super obvious pick has been passed over twice......(and it may be they both simply don't want him) but I'm worried that if they're drafting by the template Hairnova posted alone...we may run the risk of people making big mistakes missing guys that were available and they didn't realize.

We did just have the consensus #2 dynasty asset in baseball passed over twice by expansion teams, afterall.

So just want to double check that everyone has been educated on the point structure, how to navigate Fantrax and look at past seasons player totals etc as a barometer of value etc.

hairnova
01-16-2018, 02:00 PM
They're all on Fantrax and in the league.

Habspatrol
01-16-2018, 02:06 PM
Ok, maybe not done!

I'm fine with whatever... but it seemed to make sense that they'd just be regular teams after the draft. It's a pretty strong pool of players/prospects.

Tully78
01-16-2018, 02:18 PM
I don’t see any issues with the picks so far. Would I have taken someone else? Most likely. But, I’m not going to Judge anyone for passing on a guy who struck out in almost 40% of his at bats (pun intended).

Montana
01-16-2018, 02:24 PM
So long as they knew what they were doing......I'm all good. Just wanted to double check that they knew they were passing on Bryce Harper.

So long as everyone is using the draft room on Fantrax though that shouldn't be an issue.

Just an alarming start to the draft....made me worried they might have just been using the list in that thread & both somehow missed Harper was available.

UWHabs
01-16-2018, 02:24 PM
I don’t see any issues with the picks so far. Would I have taken someone else? Most likely. But, I’m not going to Judge anyone for passing on a guy who struck out in almost 40% of his at bats (pun intended).

He was probably referring to Harper, but it does go to show how there's a ton of talent available, and certainly legit arguments for multiple guys.

hairnova
01-16-2018, 02:28 PM
I sent out an excel file with the lists on it too... I suppose I could've included FP and FP/G, but I shouldn't have to do all the work for them haha.

Tully78
01-16-2018, 02:31 PM
He was probably referring to Harper, but it does go to show how there's a ton of talent available, and certainly legit arguments for multiple guys.

Gotcha. I misread and thought he said the #2 Dynasty player last year, which was Judge. Either way, I'm with you. There is a ton of talent and things can go in a multitude of directions.

Montana
01-16-2018, 02:31 PM
I sent out an excel file with the lists on it too... I suppose I could've included FP and FP/G, but I shouldn't have to do all the work for them haha.

Its not so much that you need to do more work.....as much as it's, the fact we want to be sure they know to use the tools available to them.

If they only use your thread or spreadsheet, it can be easy to maybe miss a Bryce Harper.

If you use the fantrax draft room (great call on that one)....then you actively have to pass over Harper to select Betts/Turner or whoever.

I just want to know it was an intentional thing...and not an oversight....cause if it's an oversight, that's a disaster of a way to kick things off.

Action Jackson
01-16-2018, 02:36 PM
I chose Turner knowing Harper was there. I have my reasons, but it wasn't because I didn't know that Harper was available.

UWHabs
01-16-2018, 02:39 PM
Also, for any new owners, there may be teams in the league who have holes at certain positions who could offer other guys in a trade. If any of you want to draft a RF to trade to me, I'd pay well for one :)

Habspatrol
01-16-2018, 02:43 PM
I guess Harper is coming back to me again. I select Bryce Harper .

This is actually awesome. I'd imagine that the fact that you could lose Harper was the biggest reason you'd have hesitated to enter the draft.

Tully78
01-16-2018, 02:46 PM
+1 for Taco. After taking over that complete garbage team, I’m glad to see good karma heading his way.

Kellen2000
01-16-2018, 02:49 PM
Yep, exactly what Action Jackson said. I knew Harper was there, I chose not to take him. There was probably a better chance of me taking Charlie Blackmon than Harper haha.

It's a tough call actually, lots of talent out there. The only sure fire pick in Fantasy Baseball is Trout and I doubt anyone is going to give me him haha

Montana
01-16-2018, 02:55 PM
Perfect. So long as you guys knew.

...and yeah, pretty cool Taco got him back in the end.

Iceman
01-16-2018, 03:57 PM
Did we get any resolution on how Otani is going to work in this league?

hairnova
01-16-2018, 04:07 PM
Nope, that's another discussion that needs to be finalized.

Taco8
01-16-2018, 04:29 PM
March 1st seems like a reasonable target.

This is actually awesome. I'd imagine that the fact that you could lose Harper was the biggest reason you'd have hesitated to enter the draft.

Partially, yes... But my bats were such trash I had to jump on this dispersal draft opportunity.

Habspatrol
01-16-2018, 04:32 PM
Did we get any resolution on how Otani is going to work in this league?

It appears that he's going to be available as a SP OR Util. So whoever owns him will decide each week where they want to use him.

UWHabs
01-16-2018, 04:41 PM
It appears that he's going to be available as a SP OR Util. So whoever owns him will decide each week where they want to use him.

Yep, that's really the only logical way it would work here with Fantrax' setup. Sucks in the weekly lineup since you probably won't get much batting from him.

hairnova
01-16-2018, 04:47 PM
Fantrax might build another profile for him if we decided to split him into a pitcher and a hitter for this league.

I know I haven't ever contacted them about it because having one profile in my other daily leagues makes sense.

Habspatrol
01-16-2018, 04:52 PM
Fantrax might build another profile for him if we decided to split him into a pitcher and a hitter for this league.

I know I haven't ever contacted them about it because having one profile in my other daily leagues makes sense.

Then he'd be available to be drafted by 2 different people? One as a SP and one as a Util?

Habspatrol
01-16-2018, 04:53 PM
Yep, that's really the only logical way it would work here with Fantrax' setup. Sucks in the weekly lineup since you probably won't get much batting from him.

Sure... but he might be an elite SP... so that ain't so bad.

hairnova
01-16-2018, 04:54 PM
Yep... again, I have no idea if Fantrax would do this or not but we could ask if we decided to go that route.

It would make sense in a weekly league like this, but I'm cool either way.

Habspatrol
01-16-2018, 05:02 PM
I'd prefer to just leave him as is. It makes him a little more valuable than just SP and just Util.... this way the team that gets him can decide for themselves each week.

Tully78
01-16-2018, 05:05 PM
Then he'd be available to be drafted by 2 different people? One as a SP and one as a Util?

You know this was your idea originally, right, Raymond? hahahaha

Habspatrol
01-16-2018, 05:08 PM
You know this was your idea originally, right, Raymond? hahahaha

I know... I was just clarifying that's what he meant.

That was before we saw how Fantrax handled it. Now that they just gave him SP and Util, it makes sense to just go with that.

Matrim
01-16-2018, 08:40 PM
I know Yahoo decided to make him two players, it just ruins is value IMO.

Matrim
01-16-2018, 09:20 PM
This dispersal draft is fun to see, freshens up the league a bit, get's more teams excited about their players.

By the way I'm open for business for trades with any of you new guys! Once your teams are set let me know if you need any OF's.

Montana
01-17-2018, 12:19 AM
I'll take Freddie Freeman and George Springer.

I'll take the 1st overall and Yu Darvish. #asiannation

Freeman, Springer, Ohtani, Darvish.....hell of a start to a draft.

hairnova
01-25-2018, 11:19 AM
There were a few teams with players in their minors who were no longer eligible, so I moved them onto the IR so the managers know they need to deal with them.

hairnova
01-25-2018, 02:31 PM
I don't think we came to a definitive ruling on if the six teams in the dispersal draft are subject to the protected/unprotected lists or not.

Looks like most people were fine with allowing them to skip it this year though.

Final decision?

UWHabs
01-25-2018, 05:57 PM
I don't think we came to a definitive ruling on if the six teams in the dispersal draft are subject to the protected/unprotected lists or not.

Looks like most people were fine with allowing them to skip it this year though.

Final decision?

I don't think anyone was really opposed to it, and I think the talent's thinning out enough that it probably wouldn't make a difference. As long as everyone stays within the roster limits, I think it's fine to not have them worry about leaving a couple guys unprotected.

Habspatrol
01-25-2018, 08:06 PM
Sure... let them eat cake.

Montana
01-26-2018, 11:59 AM
I don't think anyone was really opposed to it, and I think the talent's thinning out enough that it probably wouldn't make a difference. As long as everyone stays within the roster limits, I think it's fine to not have them worry about leaving a couple guys unprotected.

+1

UWHabs
02-19-2018, 10:21 PM
So looks like the new people still need to pay up for the season. And need most teams to post their protected lists. Are we still trying to target March 1 or thereabouts to start the draft? And still planning on using the fantrax draft room?

Blueman
02-19-2018, 10:33 PM
I’m going to be off the grid from feb 27 to March 9.

hairnova
02-22-2018, 10:56 AM
You can easily set your queue for your first pick (4th overall), not sure about the other three.

hairnova
02-22-2018, 12:02 PM
Still need protected lists and payments, but then really, we could start the draft whenever.

Protected Lists:
2018 Allstars (Blueman)
Axl's Field of Dreams
Kenny Fu@&ing Powers(bull)
Killersweet
Nuke LaLoosh
Stubby Clapp (tc)

Payments:
Action Jackson
Anti-Armed Flying Mortal Penguins
Bad News Bears
Iceman
Kris

Blueman
02-22-2018, 12:03 PM
You can easily set your queue for your first pick (4th overall), not sure about the other three.
I just found out I'll have roam like home so I won't hold anything up

hairnova
02-22-2018, 12:04 PM
I just found out I'll have roam like home so I won't hold anything up

Perfect!

hairnova
02-24-2018, 06:11 PM
Still new three protected lists and four payments.

hairnova
02-25-2018, 07:05 PM
*Daily update*

We need two protected lists and three payments.

hairnova
02-25-2018, 07:06 PM
Once all the protected lists are in and confirmed, I will put all the unprotected players in the draft pool.

hairnova
02-26-2018, 10:01 AM
Just taking a quick look, Killersweet has six players currently on his roster that aren't listed on his protected/unprotected list.

Nori Aoki
Jordy Mercer
Carlos Beltran
Kyle Gibson
Miguel Gonzalez
Edinson Volquez

Need to fix that so you have no more than 25 players on your main roster.

Blueman
02-26-2018, 10:04 AM
Just taking a quick look, Killersweet has six players currently on his roster that aren't listed on his protected/unprotected list.

Nori Aoki
Jordy Mercer
Carlos Beltran
Kyle Gibson
Miguel Gonzalez
Edinson Volquez

Would you mind please reviewing my team as well. I have to list the rest of my minors but hoping I could get a second look on my protected list.

hairnova
02-26-2018, 10:14 AM
Yours looks fine.

Blueman
02-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Yours looks fine.

Thanks!

Killersweet
02-26-2018, 01:20 PM

Nori Aoki
Jordy Mercer
Carlos Beltran
Kyle Gibson
Miguel Gonzalez
Edinson Volquez

Sorry about that. Done.

hairnova
02-26-2018, 02:23 PM
Waiting on Tully, but from what I gather, here are the players being left unprotected.

I'll drop them into the draft pool Wednesday night/Thursday morning.

_____

Matrim:
Gyorko, Jedd - 3B
Frazier, Adam - 2B/LF
Kemp, Matt - LF
Wilson, Justin - RP

Montana:
Kahnle, Tommy - RP

Habspatrol:
Cashner, Andrew - SP
Straily, Dan - SP
Kintzler, Brandon - RP

UW:
Wainwright, Adam - SP
Norris, Bud - RP
Maurer, Brandon - RP
Zobrist, Ben - 2B/LF/RF

Deckie:
Cordell, Ryan - OF
Rincon, Carlos - RF
Leone, Dominic - RP
Leclerc, Jose - RP

Nova:
Holliday, Matt - UT
Lackey, John - SP

Killersweet:
Valencia, Danny - 1B
Parker, Jarret - LF
Reynolds, Mark - 1B
Vargas, Jason - SP
Gibson, Kyle - SP

Stubby Clapp:
Chirinos, Robinson - C
Shoemaker, Matt - SP
Bush, Matt - RP
Ramirez, Jose - RP

Bull:
Tomlin, Josh - SP

Blueman:
D'Arnaud, Travis - C
Polanco, Jorge - SS
Tomas, Yasmany - LF
Wright, Steven - SP
O'Day, Darren - RP

Axl:
Forsythe, Logan - 2B/3B
Diekman, Jake - RP
Kazmir, Scott - SP
Delgado, Randall - SP
Sedlock, Cody - SP

UWHabs
02-27-2018, 05:42 PM
FYI I'll be on European time for the next month. I'll have full internet access, so no problems there. Hopefully my picks won't come up in the middle of the night for me :)

Kellen2000
02-28-2018, 10:42 AM
Just curious how long we will have to make our picks? Sorry if that question is answered somewhere here, I quickly looked but couldn't find it.

hairnova
02-28-2018, 10:46 AM
Good question... can't remember the usual time limit so good time to discuss it.

hairnova
02-28-2018, 10:46 AM
Also, all teams have submitted their protected lists so I'll be dropping the unprotected players into the draft pool later today/tonight.

hairnova
02-28-2018, 11:12 AM
Updated list of unprotected players:

_____

Matrim:
Gyorko, Jedd - 3B
Frazier, Adam - 2B/LF
Kemp, Matt - LF
Wilson, Justin - RP

Montana:
Kahnle, Tommy - RP

Habspatrol:
Rupp, Cameron - C
Adolfo, Micker - RF
Cashner, Andrew - SP
Straily, Dan - SP
Kintzler, Brandon - RP

UW:
Wainwright, Adam - SP
Norris, Bud - RP
Maurer, Brandon - RP
Zobrist, Ben - 2B/LF/RF

Deckie:
Cordell, Ryan - OF
Rincon, Carlos - RF
Leone, Dominic - RP
Leclerc, Jose - RP

Nova:
Holliday, Matt - UT
Lackey, John - SP

Killersweet:
Valencia, Danny - 1B
Parker, Jarret - LF
Reynolds, Mark - 1B
Vargas, Jason - SP
Gibson, Kyle - SP

Stubby Clapp:
Chirinos, Robinson - C
Shoemaker, Matt - SP
Bush, Matt - RP
Ramirez, Jose - RP

Bull:
Tomlin, Josh - SP

Blueman:
D'Arnaud, Travis - C
Polanco, Jorge - SS
Tomas, Yasmany - LF
Wright, Steven - SP
O'Day, Darren - RP

Axl:
Forsythe, Logan - 2B/3B
Diekman, Jake - RP
Kazmir, Scott - SP
Delgado, Randall - SP
Sedlock, Cody - SP

Nuke LaLoosh:
Galindo, Wladimir - 3B/SS
Mundell, Brian - 1B
Perdomo, Luis - SP

UWHabs
02-28-2018, 12:35 PM
Good question... can't remember the usual time limit so good time to discuss it.Previously I think we had it at like a 24 hour limit for the first round, but obviously people expected to draft much sooner. But if we're using the draft utility, it emails you when you're coming up so should be no excuse for forgetting.

hairnova
02-28-2018, 12:58 PM
Probably don't even need more than 12 hours.

hairnova
02-28-2018, 11:27 PM
All of the unprotected players have been dropped into the draft pool.

Because we're using the Draft Room on Fantrax, one difference from previous years is that we won't be able to drop players during the draft so rosters will need to be fixed after it's completed. I've upped the total number of players so we shouldn't have any issues.

Habspatrol
03-01-2018, 04:55 PM
Should we post the player we will drop here?

hairnova
03-01-2018, 06:45 PM
Yeah could do that.

UWHabs
03-05-2018, 05:57 AM
Should we post the player we will drop here?

Teams have to get to 55 players before we move on after the draft, right? I think there's a couple teams that might have gone one or two players over the limits, that we need to make sure fix up their rosters before going forward.

And hair, are you going to be automatically moving the unprotected guys who were unclaimed back to our rosters, or should we just claim them when everyone gets set as a free agent after the draft? Most teams only have a couple guys, and some of them we may not even want back.

hairnova
03-05-2018, 10:14 AM
Yeah I was going to ask what everyone wanted me to do, because I know I'm not bringing back either of my unprotected guys.

Should deal with it before waivers though...if we're still doing that? I know I've started skipping the waiver process after drafts in my other leagues.

hairnova
03-05-2018, 08:05 PM
Looks like I can't use the import players feature now that the draft is complete so can everyone let me know which of their unprotected players they want back, please.

Also: waivers process March 7 and 3am/et so put your claims in.

Habspatrol
03-05-2018, 09:46 PM
I'll just take Straily back.