• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT #10: Maple Leafs @ Jets

BG

Figured I'd get this going.

The team has had an extended lay-off, having last played at home on Saturday.

I'm guessing Andersen will start, and should be closer to 100% after getting banged up vs Washington.

I've got a feeling that the Leafs will come out firing tonight - and hopefully put 3 good road periods together.

4-3 Leafs

saturday I preferred watching the raps game.

let's see which team is more enjoyable tonight.

Yeah, losing is one thing, but the past two games have been boring as **** to watch.

Hopefully this game lives up to its billing and we get some goals and action tonight.

Mark Masters
‏ @markhmasters

Lines at Leafs morning skate

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Matthews-Kapanen
Lindholm-Kadri-Brown
Ennis-Gauthier-Leivo
Johnsson

Rielly-Hainsey
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Marincin-Ozhiganov
Holl

Andersen starts
Sparks

Absent: Dermott

Wut de ****?

aside from his stubborness with his line combos, the thing that bugs me most, I think, is that even though he's fine with Mo playing the toughest matchups, he simply refuses to play the top pair more than the jake pair, even though the jake pair has been horrendous against secondary competition.

Just play the best players more. it's so simple. but babs always has to be smarter.

I think the big issue on that pair is Zaitsev. He's quite awful in a lot of dimensions (passing, panice threshold, hockey IQ). Would love to get him moved. Addition by subtraction.

I second hoping its not awful hockey to watch. For the most part, they are exciting to watch regardless of the score. The last few games I turned off.

44763099_10161000299670029_6014456456521187328_n.jpg

I think the big issue on that pair is Zaitsev. He's quite awful in a lot of dimensions (passing, panice threshold, hockey IQ). Would love to get him moved. Addition by subtraction.

I really dunno about that. Zaitsev and Jake share the blame quite equally imo.

They seem to bring out the worst in each other as well :(

You can tell when bad Jake is playing - he doesn't skate, he stops up before making an easily intercepted outlet pass.

It almost like his instinct is to skate it out of the zone (like he does on the powerplay), but a coach has told him not to skate past the red line before making his pass.

Back