• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Playoffs GDT #4: April 17, 2019, 7:00pm - Keep it Up

zeke

Bruins get Johansson and Moore back. Not exactly the returns of the king there, but we'll see.

[video=youtube;oWmMVDXxowk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWmMVDXxowk[/video]

Will be interesting to see how long Cassidy keeps his #1 line intact, especially if the Leafs jump out to a lead and the Bergeron line is still getting shut down.

If the Bruins do end up dropping Pastrnak down to Krejci or Coyle's line, it'll be all the more important for Babcock to fix the third line. You can't continue to have a part-time center saddled with guys who, as much as they're both coach's favourites, are complete passengers on that line. Even replacing one of them with Trevor Moore would be a big improvement.

so it's kuhlman coming out of the lineup for johansson, not backes.

so likely:

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Debrusk - Krejci - Heinen/Johansson
Johansson/Heinen - Coyle - Backes

though we could also see them move heinen to the top line and drop pastrnak down.

The fact that Kuhlman was in their lineup in the first place, especially on their second line, is crazy.

This is a 23 year-old who had 30 points in 58 AHL games this season.

There are probably at least a half-dozen Marlie forwards who are equivalent or better players than this guy.

The fact that Kuhlman was in their lineup in the first place, especially on their second line, is crazy.

This is a 23 year-old who had 30 points in 58 AHL games this season.

There are probably at least a half-dozen Marlie forwards who are equivalent or better players than this guy.

He skates fast. But he literally doesn't do anything else. This was just cassidy's answer to torontos speed. That's equivalent to the leafs answering a tough team with Matt Martin. The guy has to know how to play too.

Too bad though. I was really hoping that kulemin would be a permanent fixture on the second line like he's been for the last 10-15 games.

let's take a moment to remember the three consecutive first round picks the Bruins more or less wasted not too long ago. and appreciate Sweeney's ineptitude.

cause if they hadn't ****ed up those picks, they could have some scary depth.

pretty sure if was Kuhlman who took down Rielly and created the first Bruins goal in game three.

but I agree he is very unimpressive, and I would have been happy for him to stay in the lineup.

let's take a moment to remember the three consecutive first round picks the Bruins more or less wasted not too long ago. and appreciate Sweeney's ineptitude.

cause if they hadn't ****ed up those picks, they could have some scary depth.

Yeah even if they missed barzal and took Connor debrusk and chabot... They'd be an unstoppable force.

GO LEAFS GNOMES!

719L4tP1MXL._SX355_.jpg

Have a bad feeling about tonight. Hope I'm wrong, but it just seems that this team plays better when it's backs are against the wall. And the Bruins will be a lot more desperate tonight.

Methinks we will need Anderson to steal this one.

Hainsey is leading the series xgf at 5v5

Ill take WTF? for 200 Alex

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

The Leafs D core in general has been phenomenal. Better than my wildest expectations. Hainsey and Zaitsev, specifically, have had a great series thus far.

Credit to Babcock where credit is due. After Rielly/Hainsey got filled in against the Bergeron line last year, he's mostly kept them away from them this year and made Muzzin/Zaitsev eat those minutes.

As a result, Rielly's been free to skate all over the rest of Boston's lines with Hainsey by his side.

I'm feeling good about tonight too.

More importantly, I think the team is feeling good about tonight. Last game was a huge win for the team.

Back