• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

Scott Walford has a nice streak going. 12 points in last 8 games and a +9. He now has 9 goals and 38 points in 50 games.

Cayden Primeau (33 saves) was named MVP of the Beanpot as Northeastern won the tournament for the second straight year.

Saw this on twitter:

"Jesse Ylönen currently has 22 (12-10) points in 44 Liiga games with the Pelicans, good for 0.5 points per game. In comparison, Kasperi Kapanen put up 0.51 points per game in his D+1 season with KalPa."

I know the kid is a decent prospect with good speed and a good shot but I’d trade Kapanen for Duchene so I’d do the same with Ylonen.

Saw this on twitter:

"Jesse Ylönen currently has 22 (12-10) points in 44 Liiga games with the Pelicans, good for 0.5 points per game. In comparison, Kasperi Kapanen put up 0.51 points per game in his D+1 season with KalPa."

that is encouraging

would be nice to find another top 6 winger in the draft

Saw this on twitter:

Kappy was a year younger though. July birthday, so he was 18 that entire D+1 season in Liiga. Ylonen is an October birthday and has been 19 all season. Pretty important difference at that age.

I am really liking our 2017 draft. No promises at all but we look set to get a least a few quality NHLers with a few top end potential.

Primeau (NCAA) - after a slow start his numbers are back up .928 save %
Tyszka (WHL) - I believe he was injured the first half of the year but he was 25 points in 32 games (which leads Dmen on his team)
Fluery (AHL) - Doing well in the AHL from what I last heard.
Walford (WHL) - His team does not have any offense. He is second on the team in scoring (3 off the team lead) - not bad for a dman. 46 points in 58 games.
Ikonen (SM-liiga) - 10 points in his 13 games since coming back from knee surgery
Brook (WHL) - Just took off this year. Could be another Subban (or subban lite) gem in the second round. 65 points in 49 games. Have actually watched him twice this year in the WHL and he is pretty much in on everything the team does.
Poehling (NCAA) - 27 points in 28 games. Might even play on the habs at the end of the college season.

I think it would be possible for every single player to make the NHL.

Next year the farm team should see a huge boost from these guys.

I am really liking our 2017 draft. No promises at all but we look set to get a least a few quality NHLers with a few top end potential.

Primeau (NCAA) - after a slow start his numbers are back up .928 save %
Tyszka (WHL) - I believe he was injured the first half of the year but he was 25 points in 32 games (which leads Dmen on his team)
Fluery (AHL) - Doing well in the AHL from what I last heard.
Walford (WHL) - His team does not have any offense. He is second on the team in scoring (3 off the team lead) - not bad for a dman. 46 points in 58 games.
Ikonen (SM-liiga) - 10 points in his 13 games since coming back from knee surgery
Brook (WHL) - Just took off this year. Could be another Subban (or subban lite) gem in the second round. 65 points in 49 games. Have actually watched him twice this year in the WHL and he is pretty much in on everything the team does.
Poehling (NCAA) - 27 points in 28 games. Might even play on the habs at the end of the college season.

I think it would be possible for every single player to make the NHL.

Next year the farm team should see a huge boost from these guys.

Totally agreed , its a promising group and Brook might be the best of them all

The thing with those D picks ...all bring something to table that we can use in L and RH shots

Even if some are only 3rd pair guys .....they could be competent players and not slugs like Benn or Alzner

Poehling and Brook have a good chance to be on the team this time next year. I wouldn't be surprised if Poehling started the year on the roster while Brook got called up around December/January.

Ikonen, Fleury, Tyszka, Primeau, all depends on how they develop in the AHL and how they're able to adapt to the pro game. Ikonen is more about how he'd adapt to the North American game.

Only player I don't really have much hope for is Walford. His play is good for Junior, but I don't think it does anything major in the pro level. Would love to be wrong, though.

Poehling and Brook have a good chance to be on the team this time next year. I wouldn't be surprised if Poehling started the year on the roster while Brook got called up around December/January.

Ikonen, Fleury, Tyszka, Primeau, all depends on how they develop in the AHL and how they're able to adapt to the pro game. Ikonen is more about how he'd adapt to the North American game.

Only player I don't really have much hope for is Walford. His play is good for Junior, but I don't think it does anything major in the pro level. Would love to be wrong, though.

walford does seem the least likely to make it but i am encouraged by the fact he is second on the team in scoring so not leeching points off others

Suzuki has like 20 points in his last 6 games. Nice bump for his year end totals. Certainly not a sustainable pace.

Some interesting players are the Storm that he is playing with...including some giants.

Nate Schnarr - 6 foot 3 - right handed centre - yotes third rounder
96 points in 59 games

Isaac Ratcliffe 6 foot 6 - winger - philly second rounder
74 points in 59 games

Liam Hawel - 6 foor 5 right hand centre - dallas 4th rounder

suzuki is damn near 2.0 PPG with the storm

Back