• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

I’m curious to see if he’s got potential Marner type PP domination capability.

Also hoping Poehling’s team gets bounced early at Frozen Four, would like to see how he stacks up - even if there’s only a remote chance Habs would sign him to play with the big club.

I heard he’s not keen on joining the Habs this season and will likely stay in college next season in order to play with his brothers. This was reported on NHL radio. I forget by whom..

I watched them both in junior several times . Suzuki is a hell of a player but Marner`s vision , creativity , and puck skills are a notch higher IMO

Nick`s high IQ will be a huge boost on the PP when he makes the big club .

I don't see a 90-100 point Marner in the making but a legit Larkin type upside at wing or C .

Best forward prospect in our system in decades and better than Galchenyuk with his playmaking skills and vision .

Marner looks like he is floating on the ice, his mobility is maybe the best of any forward in the league. Him and Gaudreau anyway.

random

but do we still own Darren Dietz?

guy is destroying the KHL

53 points in 62 games

He destroyed with the Habs with a 32 point pace over 13 games. Most of our D would kill for that. I guess he wasn't good defensively because we let him go and he also failed his audition with the Capitals.

He destroyed with the Habs with a 32 point pace over 13 games. Most of our D would kill for that. I guess he wasn't good defensively because we let him go and he also failed his audition with the Capitals.

ahhh we dont have his rights...damn

could be the next gioradano

I’d bring him back if he wanted to sign with us. Can’t hurt any more than the other 6/7 options MB will sign the summer.

Rocket win 3-2 in the shootout. Another goal for Vejdemo, he has 12 points in 13 games. Another assist for Evans, he has 7 points in 8 games. Fleury picked up an assist as well.

With the CHL regular season coming to an end, here's the latest prospect update - again, not including anyone playing in the AHL or ECHL:

prospects8.jpg

David St-Louis:
Allan McShane finishes the season with 69 points in 62 games. A nice total considering he scored 48 of those points in 34 games (1.42 PPG) after the Christmas break (when he got the opportunity to play on the top line).

David St-Louis:
Allan McShane finishes the season with 69 points in 62 games. A nice total considering he scored 48 of those points in 34 games (1.42 PPG) after the Christmas break (when he got the opportunity to play on the top line).

Yeah, he's an interesting prospect.

Really turned it up of late.

Should be a force next year

The numbers in brackets is among the top 100 NHL prospects

1. Nick Suzuki(22nd)
2. Ryan Poehling(28th)
3. Alexander Romanov(45th)
4. Cayden Primeau(60th)
5. Noah Juulsen(99th)
6. Josh Brook
7. Jesse Ylonen
8. Cale Fleury
9. Jacob Oloffson
10. Joni Ikonen

The Hockey News released their top 100 prospects and 5 Canadiens made the cut.

@Rontzeeez
Costa Rontzocos

The numbers in brackets is among the top 100 NHL prospects

1. Nick Suzuki(22nd)
2. Ryan Poehling(28th)
3. Alexander Romanov(45th)
4. Cayden Primeau(60th)
5. Noah Juulsen(99th)
6. Josh Brook
7. Jesse Ylonen
8. Cale Fleury
9. Jacob Oloffson
10. Joni Ikonen

The Hockey News released their top 100 prospects and 5 Canadiens made the cut.

@Rontzeeez
Costa Rontzocos

Awesome ....dont think we ever had 5 in the top 100

Clearly the WJC bumped RP about 10 spots

Romanov probably went from from not ranked in the 100 to his number .

I thought Nick would crack 15-20

Best crop we had in 20 years

Romanov is an interesting one.

I still think Brook is the better D prospect but who knows with Romanov playing in mother russia.

Brook had the best PPG for a defencemen in the CHL.

Second was first-round pick Ty Smith, the next two were overagers and Evan Bouchard, another first-round pick, was fifth.

Romanov is an interesting one.

I still think Brook is the better D prospect but who knows with Romanov playing in mother russia.

Agreed, Brook not in the top 100 shocks me .

In a perfect world Brook replaces Petry one day and Romanov becomes a nice steady Hjalmarsson type with a bit more offensive game .

Right now Romanov looks a young Dermot of the Leafs

Last edited:
Back