• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Les Habitants Prospects Thread

Yeah, imagine that, trading away top players a year prior to free agency when the value is high and right as they're about to turn 30. You avoid their retirement contract as the play will start to decline and you get good assets in return.

It's very simple. Unfortunately, we ****ed up with Price, but alas...

Yeah, imagine that, trading away top players a year prior to free agency when the value is high and right as they're about to turn 30. You avoid their retirement contract as the play will start to decline and you get good assets in return.

And Pleks , Markov , etc....

the messed up thing is that max had a bad year when the habs got great value for him

And Pleks , Markov , etc....

pleks was never consistent enough to get a big haul
still got a second rounder for him

markov never really did drop off but if you could have got a younger markov, a top prospect, and a second rounder for him....should have done it

Suzuki was easily the most talented player on the ice last night. Those hands.

Agreed.

Don't know what the hype is about with regard to the Raiders though.

Last night was supposed to be the Marque match of the tournament.

It was really a sloppy, poorly played game that really lacked any energy and excitement.

I think the WHL is over rated as a league.

WHL is not as dominate as in the 2000s but they are still good

PA started the season so hot but they were not that great in the second half.

Agreed.

Don't know what the hype is about with regard to the Raiders though.

Last night was supposed to be the Marque match of the tournament.

It was really a sloppy, poorly played game that really lacked any energy and excitement.

I think the WHL is over rated as a league.

Nah. The Marque matchup was Saturday night, Guelph-Rouyn. Those are, imo, the two best teams and I do think that if they happen to get a re-match, it'll be great.

The WHL is still the second best league (far ahead of the Q), but I think PA might have just been tired because of 2 games in 2 nights.

The only reason PA had a shot of making noise was the goalie, but he hasn't been the best in the Mem Cup.

the messed up thing is that max had a bad year when the habs got great value for him

All the credit to The Charlatan. But I also think that teams take into consideration in situations like these the body of work over just what happened in the immediate; that Pacioretty never played with a top-end center, the whole team had a down year, everything that could go wrong did, the team kept losing and playing in Montréal isn't always easy.

And the contract he got from Las Vegas was actually not that bad, all things considered. It's probably a year too long, but still. He'll play with Stone & Stastny/Glass during that period of time.

pleks was never consistent enough to get a big haul
still got a second rounder for him

markov never really did drop off but if you could have got a younger markov, a top prospect, and a second rounder for him....should have done it

Those 2 cost us 2 firsts +++++...........assets that could of been in our lineup by now

Poor asset management at its finest , we were going nowhere with or without them .

All the credit to The Charlatan. But I also think that teams take into consideration in situations like these the body of work over just what happened in the immediate; that Pacioretty never played with a top-end center, the whole team had a down year, everything that could go wrong did, the team kept losing and playing in Montréal isn't always easy.

And the contract he got from Las Vegas was actually not that bad, all things considered. It's probably a year too long, but still. He'll play with Stone & Stastny/Glass during that period of time.

Sure but Max Pac was no better in his first year with vegas than his last year with the habs.

Those 2 cost us 2 firsts +++++...........assets that could of been in our lineup by now

Poor asset management at its finest , we were going nowhere with or without them .

Give my 8 years or Markov over Zack Phillips.

Those 2 cost us 2 firsts +++++...........assets that could of been in our lineup by now .
Please...have you taken a look at the Habs non top-10 first round draft record recently?

I have zero confidence either of those two late 1st rounders would’ve amounted to anything.

Please...have you taken a look at the Habs non top-10 first round draft record recently?

I have zero confidence either of those two late 1st rounders would’ve amounted to anything.

How did the Max trade work out

AKA ...... getting value on aging veterans at the right time

How far did 14 and 79 carry us in the playoffs ?

How did the Max trade work out

AKA ...... getting value on aging veterans at the right time

How far did 14 and 79 carry us in the playoffs ?
I won’t know till I see what the 2nd rounder yields - it was stated above Markov & Plekanec costed Habs “2 1st rounders +++”.

Habs don’t traditionally do well with non top-10 1st round picks - late 1st rounders are low probability crap shoot to begin with.

I’ll take my 2014, 2015 and even 2016 playoff experience vs the very likelihood of both first rounders being busts + no playoff enjoyment for 3-years.

Back