Page 707 of 742 FirstFirst ... 207607657697705706707708709717 ... LastLast
Results 14,121 to 14,140 of 14837

Thread: Les Habitants Prospects Thread

  1. #14121
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    20,562
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Les Habitants Prospects Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    Gallagher way out-performed Bitten in junior. If anyone has more skills, it's Gallagher. He was a stud in juniors. 3 40+ goals seasons.
    No way on skill ....stats fine but not skill

    11 gets by on guts , and his goals are 3 feet from the net . Totally different players but Bitten has excellent wheels , creativity , and can score .

    Its like comparing JVR with Ehlers both may score 30 but do it differently.

  2. #14122
    Legend GrandWazoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    43,366
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Les Habitants Prospects Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    No way on skill ....stats fine but not skill

    11 gets by on guts , and his goals are 3 feet from the net . Totally different players but Bitten has excellent wheels , creativity , and can score .

    Its like comparing JVR with Ehlers both may score 30 but do it differently.
    Gallagher has great wheels and amazing set of hands near the net. Not so much a dangler but he can get his shot off quickly with little room, forehand or backhand, great on deflections as well, great hand-eye coordination. Those are all skills, goal scorer skills.

  3. #14123
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,858
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Les Habitants Prospects Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    Gallagher has great wheels and amazing set of hands near the net. Not so much a dangler but he can get his shot off quickly with little room, forehand or backhand, great on deflections as well, great hand-eye coordination. Those are all skills, goal scorer skills.
    yeah they are.

    It all depends on what one defines as "skill". There are many skills.
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  4. #14124
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10,482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Les Habitants Prospects Thread

    I think people are remembering Bitten as a midget player.

  5. #14125
    Mod Squad hairnova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Halifax, NS.
    Posts
    119,855
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Les Habitants Prospects Thread

    Cayden Primeau was named to the Hockey East All-Rookie Team.

    http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/pres...3/mar14awa.php

  6. #14126
    Legend HabsFan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fort McMurray, Canada
    Posts
    10,014
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Les Habitants Prospects Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hairnova View Post
    Cayden Primeau was named to the Hockey East All-Rookie Team.

    http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/pres...3/mar14awa.php
    He has had a pretty good year by the looks of it

  7. #14127
    Mod Squad hairnova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Halifax, NS.
    Posts
    119,855
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Les Habitants Prospects Thread

    Primeau was also named the Hockey East First All-Star Team.

    http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/pres...03/mar14as.php

  8. #14128
    Legend worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    65,055
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Les Habitants Prospects Thread

    timmins does it again
    ...

  9. #14129
    Legend wiseguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    32,602
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Les Habitants Prospects Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hairnova View Post
    Primeau was also named the Hockey East First All-Star Team.

    http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/pres...03/mar14as.php
    And Hayden Hawkey ( nice name) another Habs goalie draft pick was voted to the 2nd All-Star team.

  10. #14130
    Legend wiseguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    32,602
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Les Habitants Prospects Thread

    Here are the stats for the four WHL D draft picks of the Habs. All seem to be doing well with some positive reviews. Should be interesting seeing all 4 in uniform for the Rockets in the near future.


    Cale Fleury RD WHL Regina 65 12 39 51
    Jarret Tyszka LD WHL Seattle 66 8 32 40
    Scott Walford LD WHL Victoria 68 2 30 32
    Josh Brook RD WHL Moose Jaw 43 3 28 31

  11. #14131
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    20,562
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Les Habitants Prospects Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy1 View Post
    Here are the stats for the four WHL D draft picks of the Habs. All seem to be doing well with some positive reviews. Should be interesting seeing all 4 in uniform for the Rockets in the near future.


    Cale Fleury RD WHL Regina 65 12 39 51
    Jarret Tyszka LD WHL Seattle 66 8 32 40
    Scott Walford LD WHL Victoria 68 2 30 32
    Josh Brook RD WHL Moose Jaw 43 3 28 31
    My buddy said we did well with all of them and can see all them in the NHL one day .

    He thinks Brook is a legit #3 RHD and quality second pairing who can play the PP.

  12. #14132
    All-Star Elliotlaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Elliot Lake
    Posts
    2,468
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Les Habitants Prospects Thread

    worth a few seconds of your time!!

    http://www.danslescoulisses.com/fr/r...-dans-la-nchc/

    look for the video at bottom of the page.....

  13. #14133
    Legend wiseguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    32,602
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Les Habitants Prospects Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Elliotlaker View Post
    worth a few seconds of your time!!

    http://www.danslescoulisses.com/fr/r...-dans-la-nchc/

    look for the video at bottom of the page.....
    We definitely need better for the shootouts.

  14. #14134
    Mod Squad hairnova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Halifax, NS.
    Posts
    119,855
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Les Habitants Prospects Thread

    The Rocket have signed Anthony Beauregard (Concordia University) et Nikita Korostelev (Peterborough – OHL) to ATOs.

  15. #14135
    Legend wiseguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    32,602
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Les Habitants Prospects Thread

    Leafs didnt sign their draft pick Korostelev, so he's a free agent. Loads of talent but floats too much, Habs never have success with these types...but anyway. Goes to show how desperate this organization is to acquire scoring talent.

  16. #14136
    Legend WeHaveMoreCupsThanYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    20,584
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Les Habitants Prospects Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hairnova View Post
    The Rocket have signed Anthony Beauregard (Concordia University) et Nikita Korostelev (Peterborough – OHL) to ATOs.
    I think that the last Concordia alum who actually played in the NHL was Larry Carriere who played for Loyola College about 4 years before the merger which created Con U.
    The Montreal Canadiens:

    "Making easy jobs needlessly difficult since 1994"

  17. #14137
    Legend wiseguy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    32,602
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Les Habitants Prospects Thread

    Beauregard was the top player in the Canadian University circuit. Tops in points, 60 points in 28 games, 14 points ahead of the next best. He was dominate.

  18. #14138
    Legend WeHaveMoreCupsThanYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    20,584
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Les Habitants Prospects Thread

    Oh wait. I forgot Jim Corsi of fancy stats fame. Started at Loyola and played through the merger finishing his collegiate career with Concordia before playing for the WHA version of the Nordiques and a cup of coffee with the NHL Oilers.
    The Montreal Canadiens:

    "Making easy jobs needlessly difficult since 1994"

  19. #14139
    Legend Habs53's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    China
    Posts
    15,586
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Les Habitants Prospects Thread

    Ryan Poehling. He is coming in under the radar. Top line center on the best team in the NCAA. Its debatable but some actually feel these players are more ready for the pros than the CHL players because of the training. This guy is big, and now starting to show the offensive numbers. Very similar to Toews numbers. He is very young and made the jump to College hockey very early. We may have a gem on the way folks. I am hoping.

  20. #14140
    Legend WeHaveMoreCupsThanYou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    20,584
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Les Habitants Prospects Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Habs53 View Post
    Ryan Poehling. He is coming in under the radar. Top line center on the best team in the NCAA. Its debatable but some actually feel these players are more ready for the pros than the CHL players because of the training. This guy is big, and now starting to show the offensive numbers. Very similar to Toews numbers. He is very young and made the jump to College hockey very early. We may have a gem on the way folks. I am hoping.
    Don't worry, our crack prospect development system will take care of any talent or passion for the game he might possess. They'll probably make a stay-at-home defenseman out of him.
    The Montreal Canadiens:

    "Making easy jobs needlessly difficult since 1994"

Page 707 of 742 FirstFirst ... 207607657697705706707708709717 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •