• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

There's going to be smoke on top of smoke on top of smoke regarding his actual status during the finals. The only way to be sure that he's not coming back is to win game 2. If the Raps go up 2 and he's not back for game 3 (in whatever condition), he's done for the year.

I think the main reason he is not sitting on the bench is that they don't want tape of him limping or have him aggravate the injury by celebrating during the game.

I doubt he comes back. You can't not run or jump and jump back into NBA Finals action a week later. Maybe Game 5 or 6 but even then, his effectiveness will surely be reduced. The threat of him alone would give them a boost, though.

Also, does this guy really want to mess up his injury more with a max contract coming?

Also, does this guy really want to mess up his injury more with a max contract coming?

This could work out well for him too if he sits out from an image standpoint. Have the team lose without you, save your body for your contract, and have everybody talk about how you were the key cog in the last two titles given their recent loss without you.

with all the talk about him being kinda close, you gotta think he'll have to give it a go if they're down a lot, or else face a ton of criticism.

with all the talk about him being kinda close, you gotta think he'll have to give it a go if they're down a lot, or else face a ton of criticism.

Meh, they could always go with the "he aggravated his injury" angle. I mean obviously he isn't ready to play early on in the series, so people can't call it an illegitimate injury. Nobody would second guess a guy who doesn't want to potentially ruin his career prior to a major pay day.

That's definitely going to be part of this from his camp's standpoint. He's won two titles there, he's done what he went there to do. He took a paycut to stay, it's time for him to look after himself. If I'm his agent, unless he's legit 100%, I'm begging him to sit this one out.

It's funny, but the best thing in the world for Kevin Durant's rep (which he's obviously super sensitive about) would probably be if Steph & co. got upset by the Raptors while Durant sits out the entire series.

It's funny, but the best thing in the world for Kevin Durant's rep (which he's obviously super sensitive about) would probably be if Steph & co. got upset by the Raptors while Durant sits out the entire series.

Yup. He's actually in a fantastic situation as it is right now.

Agreed that he is best to sit out regardless.... listening to the radio and a former football player was in the exact situation with it being his contract year and he had the same calf injury... he had to rehab it the entire off season knowing that in training camp he knew he was going to tear it again.

Isn't this what Donaldson also had.... with three weeks of no work it took like one game for him to get injured again, and that's just running, nothing like the jumping needed in a basketball game.

was just going to post this.... my god what a difference.. Dude walks in with Masai and a leather jacket. how effing cool.

Back