• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Shams Charania

@ShamsCharania

Kevin Durant (calf strain) is unlikely to return for start of the NBA Finals, but the Golden State Warriors are hopeful that he returns at some point during

Love Siakem.

He is still a kid.

Love this team.

They have bought into nurses game plan and have stuck with it.

I cant help but wonder how crazy it would have been if the leafs were in the bruins position.

BxviGsO.jpg

The Raptors need to make a giant poster out of that and put it somewhere where the Bucks can see if Saturday night....
Would the visitors team dressing room be too obvious?

I understand Demar being upset in the moment right after the trade, but it's still hilarious he called Kawhi "a little bit of nothing".

Kawhi is so much better than Demar in every conceivable facet of the game that it's incredible.

Let's also take a minute to remember this moment that perfectly encapsulated the difference between the two:

uPGTnEo.gif

Sorry, I'm a little fuzzy on NBA rules, but was the Bucks coach calling for a foul on his own players at the end there?

Sorry, I'm a little fuzzy on NBA rules, but was the Bucks coach calling for a foul on his own players at the end there?
Yep, he was.

If a foul had been called, then there's still the off-chance that whoever's shooting might miss their free throws and it remains a one-possession game where the Bucks could have tied it by going up the court and hitting a three-pointer.

The two points Siakam put on the board with that dunk, on the other hand, pretty much sealed the deal.

Yes. They were trying to foul intentionally to put Lowry (or anyone) on the free throw line. It's a tactic you can use when you're down points late in the 4th

- It stops the clock
- It limits the opposition to 2 points for the possession. Only getting 1, and sometimes 0 out of the trip to the line isn't rare either
- Which gives you the opportunity to jack up 3's. Hit a couple and all of a sudden a 4-5 point lead evaporates

Masai made so many bold moves and they are paying off. And the Leafs are afraid to can Babs. LOL.

In fairness, Dubas has signed John Tavares, traded down to take Sandin (which is still pretty verboten in NHL circles), & traded for Jake Muzzin in his first year on the job. I don't think balls are the problem.

I think Dubas is convinced that Babcock is with the program, despite the public appearance of major philosophical difference. I also don't think Dubas is ready to start the clock on his own firing either. Which is exactly what happens when you fire a coach with Babcock's cache. I'm sure Shanny would go along with it, but you're officially without a net now, especially given the amount of money involved. Moving on from both assistants, bringing in guys that are more in tune with Dubas philosophies and seeing if some new blood/ideas can fix the PP/PK is an okay move for now.

Remember that some of Masai's best moves were from being patient. He's had trade offers on the table for Pascal & OG for well over a year now and not jumping at the chance to add to the Demar-Kyle teams at the expense of the future turned out to be the right move with Pascal turning into a legit 2 way force.

Despite the big win, still a little nervous. It wouldn’t take that much for the Bucks to win the next 2. Hopefully we push hard tomorrow and get it done.

I understand Demar being upset in the moment right after the trade, but it's still hilarious he called Kawhi "a little bit of nothing".

Kawhi is so much better than Demar in every conceivable facet of the game that it's incredible.

Let's also take a minute to remember this moment that perfectly encapsulated the difference between the two:

uPGTnEo.gif

in his defense i don't think that line was actually referring to Kawhi.

Yes. They were trying to foul intentionally to put Lowry (or anyone) on the free throw line. It's a tactic you can use when you're down points late in the 4th

- It stops the clock
- It limits the opposition to 2 points for the possession. Only getting 1, and sometimes 0 out of the trip to the line isn't rare either
- Which gives you the opportunity to jack up 3's. Hit a couple and all of a sudden a 4-5 point lead evaporates

Issue was, their gameplan wasn't to instantly foul (in which case they'd have informed to refs of such beforehand and gotten the call 100% the second the Raps inbounded/Bucks fouled).

They played it cute and wanted to try and trap/steal before fouling, increasing the chances of no foul being called.

Refs still missed it....but it was in part self inflicted, by then not planning to foul immediately. He wanted to have his cake & eat it too, and it blew up in his face.

Issue was, their gameplan wasn't to instantly foul (in which case they'd have informed to refs of such beforehand and gotten the call 100% the second the Raps inbounded/Bucks fouled).

They played it cute and wanted to try and trap/steal before fouling, increasing the chances of no foul being called.

Refs still missed it....but it was in part self inflicted, by then not planning to foul immediately. He wanted to have his cake & eat it too, and it blew up in his face.

they've been crying about Lowry "flopping" all series. Well, the refs listened.

they've been crying about Lowry "flopping" all series. Well, the refs listened.

The best was Bud complaining about it in the presser in the next question after discussing the "missed" foul call. Said that Lowry is an expert at "drawing contact" and he was being rewarded for it, while Giannis apparently doesn't.

Raps still have the worst free throw differential in the playoffs other than sad sack detroit.

this was the first game of the series raps had more free throws.

milwaukee just slipped to second best free throw differential in the playoffs after last night - behind only Orlando, who only played against the raps.

Back