• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Yep. Masai is stacking assets. RHJ was trash last year, but could easily regain form and turn into a decent deadline chip.

I've explained this. There's no scorer that can replace Kawhi available. The cost of a scorer that can't replace him is going to be Siakam, +

You can get someone with a shit contract for less (Wiggins, Love) or an injury reclamation case (Hayward), but I don't see the point. Turn Gasol & Ibaka into younger, rotation worthy bodies and picks, do the same with Lowry if he's willing. Play those younger guys heavy in a good system run by a very good coach. Build the value of those assets and flip them with picks for the next disgruntled star that comes up in trade talk (hello KAT), and then take a run at 2021 free agency with Siakam and said formerly disgruntled star in tow, and try to add a legit piece to the mix with cap space. Quickest, easiest way to get back to contention. There is no path to contention that starts with replacing Kawhi this off season.

You think we have a legit shot at KAT ?

I wonder if Masai will be doing a patch job until the big contracts expire. Try to run it with the same team sans Kawhi. RHJ and Stanley are decent upside plays. Well see how it plays out by the trade deadline. Maybe there is something to keeping a "winning" culture by keeping our vets.

Raptors sign Terence Davis. Undrafted from Ole Miss. 6’4 combo guard.

From what I’ve read and it’s not a lot. But sounds like he is a good two way guard.

Last edited:
He is pretty attrocious at 3 pointers though, I doubt he magically finds a stroke.

Oh I realize that. But who knows. Maybe he can put the work in and climb his percentage a little. If so he becomes an excellent piece moving forward.

Back