Page 1577 of 1721 FirstFirst ... 577107714771527156715751576157715781579158716271677 ... LastLast
Results 31,521 to 31,540 of 34420

Thread: OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MindzEye View Post
    Yes but you're a well known homer
    Really all comes down to what you think of Klay.
    #FireBabcock

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

I know KD aint close to 100. I suspect Klay isnt and their frontcourt is a disaster

Post Thanks / Like

Some other reporter on ESPN was saying how the whole team did shoot around with no KD... then they waited until all the reporters left and even then KD didn't come out until 30 minutes later to walk through with the scrubs... then was seen after with ice packs on his lower right calf and another ice pack on his left achilles.

I really just believe it is a mind game. They will probably have him on the bench, but he won't go up for a a layup even. Then pull him come game time.

All just to try and mess with the raps head.

IF he does play I hope he bites on a fake shot and just pulls up totally limp and hobbles off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    whoa wait a sec.

1. Boogie was a loser even at his peak, and we have no idea if even peak boogie would fit in well with this warriors team.
    There are a pile of "losers" who went on to be great players for championship clubs. MWP, Sheed, Walker. That's all they needed him to be.

2. Post-Achilles there's no guarantee we'll ever see anything close to peak Boogie ever again
    3. Unsurprisingly, Boggie picked up a 2nd leg injury after trying to return (likely too early) from that achilles injury
    4. Boogie has barely played basketball the last 2 years, and could never be expected to anywhere close to gameshape, or not be completely rusty
    Did you not see how the basketball media reacted to a 10/7 performance ffs? A pile of ex nba talking heads credited Boogie with the game 2 win.

Expecting Boogie to be a factor this series was always pretty ridiculous, imo. He was a longshot to ever be a factor at this point when they first picked him up for free, and it's no surprise that the gamble didn't work out.
    And all of this is cool, but again you're ignoring that this runs counter to the general sentiment everywhere. The reaction to Boogie signing was basically "oh ****, just give them the title now" and after game 2 (where he was okay, but just okay) the US basketball media jerked itself off to his 6 assist performance and claimed he was going to be a major reason the Warriors win this.

KD's only got one question mark and that's if he can move around at all with this injury. Because even if he's hobbled, he's at the very least a guy the raps can't leave open.
    That's a hell of a question mark. Because if he can't move around with his injury, he can't defend and GS is worse off than if he sat.
    "I measure twice and cut once. I just dropped the mic"

Jalen Rose - 03/07/2019

Post Thanks / Like

Really all comes down to what you think of Klay.
    With a healthy KD? No it doesn't.

Klay just has to play decent wing defence and hit the copious amounts of open shots that KD & Steph's gravity create. Think about all of the open looks we've let Iggy and Dray have through out the series. Klay takes most of those when the Warriors are healthy.

Jalen Rose - 03/07/2019

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

If raps win i blow mindz

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

And if they lose you blow him twice?
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

2nd Liner
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah so let's not turn this into "the raptors are better than the 80s oilers" shit if they win. Just enjoy the win without going into catastrophic homer mode. There's no such thing as a championship winning asterisk so you don't have to fire off your insecurities and claim to believe that they would have crushed them with kd or not. It doesn't matter. A championship isn't worth any more or less depending on circumstances. They are all equal.

Enjoy the game. And if they win, enjoy the absolute **** out of that too.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

It would still be a sweeter win to beat them with KD playing.

Sabres & Golf Forum Moderator Sabrenator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Many people in Buffalo rooting for the Raptors tonight, I'm one of them. Go Raptors!

Post Thanks / Like

With a healthy KD? No it doesn't.

Klay just has to play decent wing defence and hit the copious amounts of open shots that KD & Steph's gravity create. Think about all of the open looks we've let Iggy and Dray have through out the series. Klay takes most of those when the Warriors are healthy.
    Oh it absolutely does. If he is what the non homer numbers say he Is, the raps can match the warriors even with a healthy KD.

This series hasn't been close without him. They needed all their aura and experience just to steal one game in which they were outplayed in.
    #FireBabcock

Post Thanks / Like

Were going to smash them tonight, glad KD is getting back onto the court. No athlete wants to sit during this time, injury or not
    #firebabcock #teamkeefe
    "No one in the history could have imagined how this day would ever end... and guess what, it's not gonna end."- Brett Hull 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    Some other reporter on ESPN was saying how the whole team did shoot around with no KD... then they waited until all the reporters left and even then KD didn't come out until 30 minutes later to walk through with the scrubs... then was seen after with ice packs on his lower right calf and another ice pack on his left achilles.

I really just believe it is a mind game. They will probably have him on the bench, but he won't go up for a a layup even. Then pull him come game time.

All just to try and mess with the raps head.

IF he does play I hope he bites on a fake shot and just pulls up totally limp and hobbles off.
    Yeah, he wasn't cleared to run until 3 days ago and hasn't done anything resembling a normal practice since then. Just a "shoot around" that he finished and left immediately to get more "treatment". If he plays, it's on one leg.

Jalen Rose - 03/07/2019

Post Thanks / Like

Oh it absolutely does. If he is what the non homer numbers say he Is, the raps can match the warriors even with a healthy KD.

This series hasn't been close without him. They needed all their aura and experience just to steal one game in which they were outplayed in.
    It was 1-1 with everyone other than KD (and Boogie) healthy. Then Klay, Iggy, and Looney all got hurt.

Yes, I'm aware that the Fun Guy is also less than 100%. But the Warriors are way more banged up than we are. We've been lucky to bang up non shooting hands, teeth, etc.

KD is a hell of a difference maker man. 34ppg with 65% TS before the injury. Pretty much Kawhi impact (at one end).

Jalen Rose - 03/07/2019

Post Thanks / Like

That was far from a deserving 1-1.

Raps have won 75% of the quarters with Klay in the lineup. 100% with him out.
    #FireBabcock

Post Thanks / Like

That was far from a deserving 1-1.
    That's like, how the Warriors win games man.

Raps have won 75% of the quarters with Klay in the lineup. 100% with him out.
    Cool story, we still don't know how this would go down with healthy lineups. KD is a huge difference maker.

Jalen Rose - 03/07/2019

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins. CH1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool story, we still don't know how this would go down with healthy lineups. KD is a huge difference maker.
    For shure. There's no sane way to extrapolate what would have happened with KD out there.

I'm hoping he re-ups with them (he might finally feel needed) and we do it again next year.
    Some GMs get you to the playoffs and some GMs get you through the playoffs.

Post Thanks / Like

Kerr says Durant cleared to play and will be playing.

We’ll see how effective he’ll be.
    "I divide the world into learners and non-learners. There are people who learn, who are open to what happens around them, who listen, who hear the lessons. When they do something stupid, they don't do it again. And when they do something that works a little bit, they do it even better and harder the next time. The question to ask is not whether you are a success or a failure, but whether you are a learner or a non-learner." - Benjamin Barber

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    Yeah so let's not turn this into "the raptors are better than the 80s oilers" shit if they win. Just enjoy the win without going into catastrophic homer mode. There's no such thing as a championship winning asterisk so you don't have to fire off your insecurities and claim to believe that they would have crushed them with kd or not. It doesn't matter. A championship isn't worth any more or less depending on circumstances. They are all equal.

Enjoy the game. And if they win, enjoy the absolute **** out of that too.
    If the Raptors were playing the 80's Oilers tonight, they'd crush them.

So yes, the Raptors are better than the 80's Oilers. You heard it here first.
    #FireBabcock #Freddy Andersen=Patrick Lalime

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LeafGm View Post
    If the Raptors were playing the 80's Oilers tonight, they'd crush them.

So yes, the Raptors are better than the 80's Oilers. You heard it here first.
    Did the Oilers even have a single guy on the roster that could dunk?

Jalen Rose - 03/07/2019

Page 1577 of 1721 FirstFirst ... 577107714771527156715751576157715781579158716271677 ... LastLast