• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Apparently, it was one big coincidence.

“Obviously, everybody feels horrible for what happened,” Kerr said. “As Bob (Myers) mentioned the other night, this last month was a cumulative collaborative effort in his rehabilitation. And that collaboration included Kevin and his business partner, Rich Kleiman, our medical staff, his own outside second opinion doctor, outside of our organization. Kevin checked all the boxes, and he was cleared to play by everybody involved.

“So the Achilles came as a complete shock. I don’t know what else to add to that, other than had we known that this was a possibility, that this was even in the realm of possibility, there’s no way we ever would have allowed Kevin to come back.”

Kerr after game 3: "I could never have forgiven myself if Klay had seriously injured himself."

Seems to have forgiven himself for KD pretty quick tho.

Apparently, it was one big coincidence.

“Obviously, everybody feels horrible for what happened,” Kerr said. “As Bob (Myers) mentioned the other night, this last month was a cumulative collaborative effort in his rehabilitation. And that collaboration included Kevin and his business partner, Rich Kleiman, our medical staff, his own outside second opinion doctor, outside of our organization. Kevin checked all the boxes, and he was cleared to play by everybody involved.

“So the Achilles came as a complete shock. I don’t know what else to add to that, other than had we known that this was a possibility, that this was even in the realm of possibility, there’s no way we ever would have allowed Kevin to come back.”

tenor.gif

"freak accident" is the term being thrown around social media right now.

Is that actually happenin? I’m glad I don’t get my sports related hot takes from social media

I'm a sucker for r/NBA

and yes, Raptors fans are literally Hitler right now. Or were, now the over reactors are worse than Hitler.

Seriously, there were Raptors fans who were ashamed to be Raptors fans and didn't want us to win anymore, all sorts of crazy shit. The world is a much more sensitive place than the one we grew up in man. The Raptors hate parade definitely took off, Warriors were going to come back and deliver "karma" in 7, it's going to look so good on us when we lose in 7 and Kawhi leaves, etc, etc.

Seriously, there were Raptors fans who were ashamed to be Raptors fans and didn't want us to win anymore, all sorts of crazy shit. The world is a much more sensitive place than the one we grew up in man. The Raptors hate parade definitely took off, Warriors were going to come back and deliver "karma" in 7, it's going to look so good on us when we lose in 7 and Kawhi leaves, etc, etc.

Let me get this straight. Because a few fans momentarily lost a little of their humanity, Kyle and Kawhi should be punished?

Some of these people are too much. They eagerly swallow every ounce of positive hype about their city and then get butthurt by the mundane reality that our fans can be as crass as the ones in the next town.

These folks need to grow up. Their is no “us”. Highly skilled athletes bust their ass for our entertainment. We give them our money and cheer them on.

I’m not sure it’s all due to sensitivity. I was moved seeing KD go down like that but I’m super psyched to see Kawhi bring it home tomorrow.

Let me get this straight. Because a few fans momentarily lost a little of their humanity, Kyle and Kawhi should be punished?

Some of these people are too much. They eagerly swallow every ounce of positive hype about their city and then get butthurt by the mundane reality that our fans can be as crass as the ones in the next town.

These folks need to grow up. Their is no “us”. Highly skilled athletes bust their ass for our entertainment. We give them our money and cheer them on.

I’m not sure it’s all due to sensitivity. I was moved seeing KD go down like that but I’m super psyched to see Kawhi bring it home tomorrow.

Well yeah, but that's a normal, rational, and healthy approach to all of this. That's far more rare than it should be.

Pretty confident that we end it tonight
You'd have to think so.

Whenever they've shot as poorly as the did in the last game during these playoffs, they've bounced back the next game.

And now Durant is finally and conclusively gone, and the same appears to be the case for Looney.

So once again, there will often be a size mismatch, and they'll be forced to over-rely on Cousins.

You'd have to think so.

Whenever they've shot as poorly as the did in the last game during these playoffs, they've bounced back the next game.

And now Durant is finally and conclusively gone, and the same appears to be the case for Looney.

So once again, there will often be a size mismatch, and they'll be forced to over-rely on Cousins.

Pretty sure Looney is in tonight. Regardless if he is or not, I expect we will all be celebrating hard tonight

Back