• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

p.s. this is a literal fact, not hyperbole.

Yeah, Pop decided that the Spurs were going to shoot at the 2 pointers this year with Aldridge and Demar instead of putting them where they don't belong just for the sake of the analytics. Dragging that lineup to 27-20 and cruising to another playoff appearance in the west is yet more testament to his genius, but it really is a poorly constructed roster.

One thing Pop did really well was getting DD to buy in as the chief ball distributor in their offence. 28.7% assist rate is no joke from a wing player. Less emphasis on forcing his way to the rim on isolations. It definitely appears to be a "greater than the sum of their parts" situation. Which is basically Pops M.O

He probably taps out after this year. No title, no likely chance of a title in the next couple or years, and I don't see him doing a rebuild.

https://twitter.com/JerryEngelmann/status/1087566329383538689

5man unit RAPM

183 total 5 man units with minimum 200 possessions

1. Curry/Klay/Durant/Green/Looney
2. Joseph/Tyreke/McDermott/Young/Sabonis
3. Vanvleet/Lowry/Green/Siakam/Ibaka
4. Lowry/Green/Kawhi/Siakam/Ibaka

5. Murray/Craig/Beasley/Millsap/Jokic

7. VanVleet/Green/Kawhi/Siakam/Ibaka
13. Lowry/Green/Kawhi/Siakam/Valanciunas

So all 4 of our units with 200+ possessions are elite.

That includes:

- our healthy starting lineup
- our starting lineup missing it's #1 star (replaced by Fred)
- our starting lineup missing it's #2 star (replaced by Fred)
- our starting lineup with either of Jobaka

Memphis shopping Conley and Gasol.

I feel like Marc Gasol is our all in play

JV/OG/Delon/Pick for Gasol

Then get whatever cheap guard you can to replace Wright, or maybe they already did with McCaw

Yeha the last few games have been very good from CJ. Hopefully he can keep up the shooting.

Gasol I don’t think is our all in play. JV and Serge are fine splitting the 5. Our all in play is another scorer that you can depend on in the 4th to help Kawhi IMO.

If you add Gasol, Serge has to be going the other way. All 3 of Gasol, Serge, and JV are centres only in today's NBA. We only have room for 2. Gasol would be a pretty big upgrade on Serge, less of an upgrade on JV with JV's ability to be a #1 option for the bench group being pretty important imo.

Which probably means that there is no deal there to be made. I can't see the Grizzlies taking Serge without extracting a heavy price in futures, and Gasol isn't worth that imo. We're pretty good at the 5 spot.

If you add Gasol, Serge has to be going the other way. All 3 of Gasol, Serge, and JV are centres only in today's NBA. We only have room for 2. Gasol would be a pretty big upgrade on Serge, less of an upgrade on JV with JV's ability to be a #1 option for the bench group being pretty important imo.

Which probably means that there is no deal there to be made. I can't see the Grizzlies taking Serge without extracting a heavy price in futures, and Gasol isn't worth that imo. We're pretty good at the 5 spot.

https://twitter.com/JerryEngelmann/status/1087566329383538689

5man unit RAPM

183 total 5 man units with minimum 200 possessions

1. Curry/Klay/Durant/Green/Looney
2. Joseph/Tyreke/McDermott/Young/Sabonis
3. Vanvleet/Lowry/Green/Siakam/Ibaka
4. Lowry/Green/Kawhi/Siakam/Ibaka

5. Murray/Craig/Beasley/Millsap/Jokic

7. VanVleet/Green/Kawhi/Siakam/Ibaka
13. Lowry/Green/Kawhi/Siakam/Valanciunas

So all 4 of our units with 200+ possessions are elite.

That includes:

- our healthy starting lineup
- our starting lineup missing it's #1 star (replaced by Fred)
- our starting lineup missing it's #2 star (replaced by Fred)
- our starting lineup with either of Jobaka

Looking back at this - this tells me that we have a really damn good 7 man rotation with Fred and Jonas off the bench.

the one need would be a guy to complete our 8 man rotation - and the need there is a perimeter scorer who can create his own shot, attack the rim, and hit the 3.

Conley is a pretty damn good fit there. he's top-end starting PG quality.

But is there any way to make his money fit?

How about Wayne Ellington or Jeremy Lin as scoring depth?

That said, if CJ Miles learns how to shoot again, my priority becomes a rebounding big over shooter.

Back