• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Official Toronto Raptors Thread

Not sure if it was posted above. Chris Carter said today that Kawhi will meet with 5 teams. Both LA teams, both NY teams and the Raptors. I believe Kawhi is rep’d by the same agent that Carter was/is. Brooklyn maybe a dark horse in the race. Can offer could cash plus maybe playing with Kyrie?

I’m thinking it’s 50/50 he stays. But who knows with that guy lol

Eh Chris Carter didnt really say it with that kind of certainty tbh. Sounded more like spitballing.

I thought JT sucked. Saying "let's do it again next year" sounded like a mindless, entitled thing to say.

Short and sweet and pumped and let's do it again next year. Much better than tory's begging and Larry's droning.

Wtf were all those idiots doing sitting front row anyways. Put them in the last row. JT really? Who even let his ass on stage.

What Kawhi used to think a champ parade looked like:

[video=youtube_share;K0M1iIw87PA]https://youtu.be/K0M1iIw87PA[/video]

That was unreal. This city deserved that. People talk about the parade not being planned well enough, and taking too long, but IMO that was the best part. Like who cares about Larry Tannenbaum and Trudeau speaking. Its all about the city and the players celebrating this together, and that was ****ing nuts.

Kawhi has earned whatever he wants. If he wants to go home fair enough. But if he wants to continue to win, and become MJ, this is the place. But regardless of what happens next, the memories he created here this year will live forever.

BTW, I see people knocking the parade organizers. It is impossible to do a better job with those #'s. Steve Simmons is making hilarious criticisms about no food or water available (people really can't bring their own? I did, as did everyone around me. Is it hard to think to bring those things?)
2 million+. At least double the Jays parade in 93'.

Biggest championship ever. Nothing touches it by numbers.
I think the only thing that'd come close would've been a Blue Jays championship. When they went on their back-to-back ALCS runs in '15 & '16, they seemed to be getting the same kind of citywide and national support that the Raptors have been getting, and that no NHL team would really be able to get with there being six other NHL teams in Canada.

But even then, it's tough to say. The Raptors fanbase would be younger and more diverse, whereas the Blue Jays probably had more support than the Raps among the older crowd.

Yeah, I also read that they should have just put barriers up around the route to speed it up. Yeah just put temporary barriers up for 10km down lakeshore and Bay for a 2 hour event. Thats not impractical at all.

Yeah, I also read that they should have just put barriers up around the route to speed it up. Yeah just put temporary barriers up for 10km down lakeshore and Bay for a 2 hour event. Thats not impractical at all.

I'm ok with that, but **** the food and water thing is dumb. 2 milliion people. If you walk to a parade with nothing you are a moron.

I'm ok with that, but **** the food and water thing is dumb. 2 milliion people. If you walk to a parade with nothing you are a moron.
Even if the parade went perfectly according to schedule, I can't fathom how anyone would head out into the thick of that without some water & snacks with them.

Back