• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Rays bench coach last year. Before then, was their 3B coach, and had a lot of years managing for them in the minors. We'll have to see if he manages like the Rays do or not, but sounds like the Jays liked how much he brought in analytics. Maybe the Jays will be an opener-heavy team next year?

how often are those projections correct? especially on non MLBers?

Not usually. They usually come out very low on them - a guy like Soto last year would have barely had league offense predictions before the season.

Andrew Stoeten Retweeted

Eric Longenhagen

@longenhagen
1h1 hour ago
More
Nate Pearson's first inning
100-103 t104
Slider 95mph (plus plus)
Change 93

Jays coaching changes

Out, Tim Lieper, Brook Jacoby, probably DeMarlo Hale.

In

Pete Walker-pitching coach
Dane Johnson-bullpen coach
Luis Rivera- will be back, not necessarily as 3B coach.
Dave Hudgens-bench coach ( astros hitting coach last two years)

Guillermo Martinez is the new hitting coach.

And Carson Cistulli of Fangraphs has joined the Jays in their scouting department. I'm going to miss his Fringe Five articles for the dynasty league.

He had Cavan Biggio before it was cool to love Cavan Biggio, and if i recall correctly was high on Santiago Espinol as well.
Yeah, his talents aren't really in finding the Jansen's, but in those random minors guys that would be dirt cheap to find. Most will fail, but if even one pans out it's basically free money.

Jansen was the perfect fringe five guy, like I told him in the comments every single time.

He refused to listen.

I would have preferred they moved on from Travis.

Thornton seems painfully ordinary as a SP, maybe a 5-8 guy? but controlled, maybe plays up in the Pen?

Just as possible the Jays lose a guy i prefer to this guy in the rule V

Back