• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

We've got 2 years of control left on Stroman. Yeah, he could have a big year next year to boost him value, but another un-inspiring campaign and his value drops down. I don't think he's a guy we really want to commit to long-term, so I'm happy to get a few solid arms back for him if we can.

the fact that the Padres are buyers and we are sellers, despite being in very similar situations, says it all really.

I don’t care about the Padres.

Is our roster competitive? Do we need to buy just a couple of players to be big shots again?

These morons ****ed up our window. It’s time to start over, even if it’s from their own doing. Hopefully they can build a competitive team as well as they wasted one.

also hilarious how jays fans - and the new FO - hated the only good roster we've had in decades.

I don't think this is the case at all. Many of the fans that loved the 2015 and 2016 teams have already bailed on this new Shapiro developed team - partly because they have now watched it suck for longer than it was good for and partly because the team simply has no one to chèer for.

I don't blame the post 2015 fans for bailing already.

Me in 2017

PaltryIndolentDartfrog-small.gif

You're a massive outlier when it comes to Shatkins love.

Many have Beaz projected as a closer type.

You're just a random internet guy that likes to fight. It's painful to constantly read. Need to start smokimg weed to chill out.

Pussy.

From what I've read, he's the sort of guy who could be a lights-out closer, or if his curve/changeup develop, then has #2/3 starter potential. So yeah, odds are he ends up a bullpen piece, but still lots of opportunity for more.

The fan base could use some trades and high end prospects to reignite interest and excitement.

I’d rather be tracking a couple of new kids with high ceilings than see Stroman waste a couple more years here pitching for a team going nowhere.

Build around Vladdy and add more promising kids. Reset.

The fan base could use some trades and high end prospects to reignite interest and excitement.

IÂ’d rather be tracking a couple of new kids with high ceilings than see Stroman waste a couple more years here pitching for a team going nowhere.

There is one potential major problem with not building around Vladdy, in order to compete right now -- and it simply can not be ignored.

If all projections maintain --- The Toronto Blue Jays will not be able to afford Vladdy when he becomes a free agent. There is a very solid chance that Vladdy is the Jays equivalent to Machado or Harper -and only a handful of teams will be able to sign Vladdy when he turns 26 years old.

That means, the Jays Vaddy clock starts immediately - and they should be trying to win with him pretty much now. If you add youth and wait 3 or 4 years to actually try to win, you are really running the risk of only having a 2 year competitive window with Vladdy on the roster.

I am concerned that we don't have the correct administration in place to try to win immediately with Vladdy because:

1) They are bean counters
2) They haven't built a strong enough farm system in the 4 years they've been in change - esp in terms of OF's and starting pitchers.

That means you likely gotta spend -- which takes me back to #1 above.

In a nutshell, the Vladdy window has already begun, and it won't last long.

Plenty of money available to pay Vlad down the road ...total nonsense

The farm system was among the worst in MLB in 2015/16 .

That's the reason why we stink right now .

The previous regimes were the worst drafting in MLB netting position players .

Pillar is the only player we drafted and playing in what a decade ...that's pathetic .

If we had a Betts, Judge, Sanchez , Bettitendi , Devers, Bradley Jr, Boegarts etc.... drafted and developed we wouldn't be in this situation .

Vlad will grow with the youth as the transition takes place .

You cant win immediately or spend like a drunk when you don't have a decent framework to begin with

I’d rather be tracking a couple of new kids with high ceilings than see Stroman waste a couple more years here pitching for a team going nowhere.

Thought it would be a cold day in hell before you and I were in the minority on an issue together and correct at the same time.

What is this?

Pillar is the only player we drafted and playing in what a decade ...that's pathetic .

If we had a Betts, Judge, Sanchez , Bettitendi , Devers, Bradley Jr, Boegarts etc.... drafted and developed we wouldn't be in this situation .

You cant win immediately or spend like a drunk when you don't have a decent framework to begin with

Well this is hella wrong considering that Vladdy, Jansen, Alford, Tellez, Biggio were all drafted/signed by AA. Not to mention that Bouruki and Reid-Foley are AA guys too...

Anyways, The Toronto Blue Jays are not a team that pays players in this type of tier Free Agent money. Never have been (this is a projected tier above Delgado) and likely never will be. Vladdy is projecting as a 30-40 million per year player.

The Vladdy window as a Blue Jay has already begun -- and most see this. It's a factor that can not be ignored.

You're out of you league when it comes to baseball GEEMAN.

And this is coming from me.....

Last edited:

the narrative you continue peddling is simply not supported by facts. not that it has stopped you yet...

Back