• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

28 years ago today pat gillick traded mcgriff and fernandez for alomar and carter.

today, ross atkins says he's trying to trade russel martin, aaron sanchez and marcus stroman, that he thinks it's unlikely troy tulowitzki can be an average shortstop in the majors, and that tulowitzki will have to earn a spot in the lineup.

Another nugget from that interview:

When asked who he thinks the Jays starting 3rd baseman will be this coming year, his answer (which he re-iterated repeatedly):

Brandon Drury.

Another nugget from that interview:

When asked who he thinks the Jays starting 3rd baseman will be this coming year, his answer (which he re-iterated repeatedly):

Brandon Drury.

Drury is a player Shatkins brought in. He will get every chance in the world to be starter somewhere on this team.

I just listened to the Atkins interview.

Shatkins has now alienated every player from the Anthopolous era.

Either move Sanchez, Stroman, Travis, Tulo, Martin and Pillar or remove Shatkins from the organization. It sounds like it's becoming toxic.

The last 4 are worth a bag of rocks in return .

Sanchez has a been a dog the last 2 years and Stro had a shit year last year .

You move both in a heartbeat if a good prospect haul is given to you . Neither have warranted a long term extension at good money.

I just listened to the Atkins interview.

Shatkins has now alienated every player from the Anthopolous era.

Either move Sanchez, Stroman, Travis, Tulo, Martin and Pillar or remove Shatkins from the organization. It sounds like it's becoming toxic.

Aside Sanchez and Stroman, who only shouldn't be moved because their value is too low, the rest of these guys should be moved

The last 4 are worth a bag of rocks in return .

Sanchez has a been a dog the last 2 years and Stro had a shit year last year .

You move both in a heartbeat if a good prospect haul is given to you . Neither have warranted a long term extension at good money.

Like ****ing seriously Bolduke, what do you want him to come out and say? We're building around Travis, Tulo, Martin and Pillar?

Like ****ing seriously Bolduke, what do you want him to come out and say? We're building around Travis, Tulo, Martin and Pillar?

Missing the point again eh Jonie. No one said anything like that.

Life doesn't need to be that intense dude. Try smoking weed.

Last edited:
Somebody call CNN. Serious breaking news here, apparently a message board poster has uncovered a secret plot that the rebuilding-with-youth Toronto Blue Jays are considering trading a broken-down 35-year old catcher and 34-year-old shortstop.

CNN is fake news. Gotta report that to FOX.

I think we were talking about Stroman and Sanchez. Somehow the convo shifted to the likes of Tulo and Martin.

I get that all those players likely don't like Shatkins, which is part of the situation -- but I believe before the convo got hijacked it was focused around Stroman and Sanchez.

Back