• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Really?

Boy lot of opinions going round for people who don't watch the team...how does that work exactly ME?

:thumbup:

Eh? I keep vague tabs on the team and have for the last few years. I'm familiar with who does what statistically, I'm always familiar with prospect performance, etc. But I haven't actually sat to watch a game in a couple of years now, havent't bought merch, etc.

What’s the story about us signing VGJ? How come we weren’t we outbid by other teams?

Last edited:
What’s the story about us signing VGJ? How come we weren’t we outbid by other teams?

He was like any other 16 year old international FA. Had tools and could be something but it was hard to say how good. I believe there was also speculation even then about how long he would stay at 3B so there were a lot of question marks. But I honestly don't remember too well, the Jays were good at the time. Then he went ahead and destroyed the minor leagues like few others have as a teenager.

He was like any other 16 year old international FA. Had tools and could be something but it was hard to say how good. I believe there was also speculation even then about how long he would stay at 3B so there were a lot of question marks. But I honestly don't remember too well, the Jays were good at the time. Then he went ahead and destroyed the minor leagues like few others have as a teenager.

Yeah, I think the Jays gave him the max IFA bonus allowed at the time, even if he was perhaps not thought of as the top prospect. His size has always been an issue, so that kept him out of being an overly crazy #1 overall at that point. But the bat has always been there.

f4YpV6zb

Even Justin Trudeau tweeted out about Vlad's debut. Pretty sure the dome is going to be crazy for his first AB.

Thx bro.

I remember being pretty excited when they announced the signing, just couldn’t remember the details. It’s also cool that he was born in Canada.

Last edited:
Back