• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

I thought I was likely the only one who felt this way.

Yeah, you gotta be careful you don't have it like Trout, where you have this generational player, but he keeps getting saddled with junk and you never go anywhere.

That's where we need 2 things to happen:
-more of the prospects (Bichette, Biggion, Teoscar, etc...) to pan out and become stars
-Rogers to open the vaults and be willing to spend to the capacity that they can

First one has a decent chance. Second one though...

looking like the next Syndergaard.

still can't believe a 6'6" kid with triple digit heat, control, and a couple promising breakers made it all the down to us in that spot. looked like a surefire top-10 pick when we drafted him to me.

teoscar's not a prospect. he's a 26yr old dh who can't hit.

Yup. He will be 27 this year. He's not a prospect. I suspect his name was included there in error.

Also, not that it matters -- but the Jays should have kept Martin. They didn't save any more by trading him and the prospects they got back will likely do nothing. I feel that Martin could have been a much better mentor to Jansen than Luke Maile.

I was including prospects and the "post-prospect who maybe still have talent". So yeah, we need some of the prospects to pan out, and we also need some of those post-prospects like Drury, Teoscar, McKinney, Grichuk, etc... to break out and get to another level.

If your bats are in a slumber, a trip to SF against the Giants is a good way to wake them up. Hopefully my Giants can hang on and win today so that the two game home series is a not a total embarrassment.

They took the Brandon Drury of 2017 first rounders, Logan Warmoth, six picks earlier.

Just wanted to save Pearson for later to increase the drama.

Totally underestimated these guys.

Teoscer demoted to AAA.

I wouldn't be super shocked if we don't see him back. It didn't work and he's 27 this year. He's not part of the Vladdy window.

Last edited:
Teoscer demoted to AAA.

I wouldn't be super shocked if we don't see him back.
Nah, he'll be back. Worst case he gets a few more ABs in September before we cut him loose. Drury in OF is going to be ugly - would be nice if Alford or someone could come and be a respectable OF for us.

Nah, he'll be back. Worst case he gets a few more ABs in September before we cut him loose. Drury in OF is going to be ugly - would be nice if Alford or someone could come and be a respectable OF for us.

It didn't work and he's 27 this year. He's not part of the Vladdy window. He might be used as a guy to call up in Sept. so they can use it as an excuse to not call up Bichette, but that's it.

But again, wouldn't shock me if we never see him on the Jays again.

i am shocked that none of these low upside guys have turned out

i1MVklE.png

i am shocked that none of these low upside guys have turned out

The strategy up to now has been to specifically target the same "MLB-ready" players that better teams can't fit into their lineup. Hope it changes.

Kinda funny/sad/annoying thing about the Jays....

Justin Smoak sucks again. I know he didn't have much value anyway, but now he's got virtually none.

Kinda funny/sad/annoying thing about the Jays....

Justin Smoak sucks again. I know he didn't have much value anyway, but now he's got virtually none.

He sucks, but his underlying numbers actually should be a lot better. Of note:
-His BB% is the highest of his career, while his K% is lowest. Only a 2% K-BB rate, which is really fantastic
-His hard hit rate is at a high as well, over 50% on Fangraphs
-His GB/FB/LD rates are all normal for him, even slightly positive with a lower than average GB rate

What's bringing him down right now is a lower than expected HR/FB rate, and bad luck on balls in play. His xwOBA (expected wOBA based on the balls he's hit) is actually .398, which is better than even his best career year. So his metrics are actually really good.

Back