Page 4458 of 4458 FirstFirst ... 34583958435844084448445644574458
Results 89,141 to 89,151 of 89151

Thread: OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

I feel bad for this Elvis Luciano kid. Just gets rocked every time he's out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Biggio gets the call up along with Gurriel Jr
    #firebabcock #teamkeefe

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Now things are starting to get interesting.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Season starts mattering a little now

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Now stop giving the likes of Maile and Drury (and even Sogard) so much playing time (yes, I know Maile needs to play sometimes).

Run with Vlad, Jansen, Tellez and Biggio. Gurriel needs to show if he's a useful MLB'er now. He turns 27 next year.

Go with:

Davis CF
    Vlad 3B
    Smoak 1B
    Tellez DH
    Grichuk RF
    Gurriel LF
    Biggio 2B
    Jansen C
    Galvis SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsJonas View Post
    Season starts mattering a little now
    It matters to most paying fan only if they can be competitive against other MLB teams. I doubt many fans will care to pay major league prices to watch a minor league team get blown away anymore than they are willing to spent time and money to watch the product they have been watching.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anne25 View Post
    It matters to most paying fan only if they can be competitive against other MLB teams. I doubt many fans will care to pay major league prices to watch a minor league team get blown away anymore than they are willing to spent time and money to watch the product they have been watching.
    Hopefully next year or most likely the year after they really plug in the holes (Davis, Drury, Galvis and potentially Gurriel) with legit major league proven talent. They SHOULD have tons of money to spend.

This year (and likely next) was always going to be a complete right off. I think what MNIJ is trying to say is that at least the more "in tune" and "hardcore fans" (and I heavily consider you as one of those) would rather at least see the youth movement in full effect rather than watch a team littered with crappy vets like Galvis, Drury and Sogard. Attendance isn't gonna go up this year no matter what they do.

The issue here is that Shapiro is running the show. And that fact casts a major cloud of doubt on the "process."

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure that's true.

I'd compare it to the 2015/16 season for the Leafs. For most of the year, they filled up the roster with a bunch of veteran replacement-level scrubs that obviously had zero future with the organization (Boyes, Matthias, Parenteau, Winnik, etc). And during that time, I've honestly never had less interest in watching the Leafs, whether it be in person or on TV.

But once the trade deadline passed and Nylander, Brown, Hyman, Kapanen all got called up for their NHL debuts, they quickly became appointment viewing for me again, and I didn't particularly care whether they won or lost. It became meaningful hockey again simply because I was watching guys who might actually have a future here, instead of the equivalent of a bunch of Brandon Drurys or Teoscar Hernandezes.
    #FireBabcock #Freddy Andersen=Patrick Lalime

Post Thanks / Like

You think paying fans are more interested in seeing a bunch of AAAA scrubs pretend to be competitive?

Sell me hope, or sell me winning. Not interested in the mushy middle.
    The amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of magnitude larger than is required to produce it.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MindzEye View Post
    You think paying fans are more interested in seeing a bunch of AAAA scrubs pretend to be competitive?

Sell me hope, or sell me winning. Not interested in the mushy middle.
    heh if only... the Jays are complete shit right now.

Draft Choice
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBolduke View Post
    Now stop giving the likes of Maile and Drury (and even Sogard) so much playing time (yes, I know Maile needs to play sometimes).

Run with Vlad, Jansen, Tellez and Biggio. Gurriel needs to show if he's a useful MLB'er now. He turns 27 next year.

Go with:

Davis CF
    Vlad 3B
    Smoak 1B
    Tellez DH
    Grichuk RF
    Gurriel LF
    Biggio 2B
    Jansen C
    Galvis SS
    +1 to this lineup.

Sogard has been a nice surprise, but he is what he is. A 30+ career AAAA calibre guy with a few nice stretches on his resume. He will, almost certainly, go through a very bad stretch soon. Keep him on the active roster, absolutely, but he has no part in this team's future.

I'm excited to see Biggio, but also remind myself that he is limited. Defensively he doesn't have an obvious home, and he has shown some pretty poor contact skills. I hope he carries his recent success over to MLB, and I think his plate discipline/power combination is going to let him carve out a decent career. We're going to see some very ugly AB from him as well though, especially in the early days.

I don't have a lot of hope for Gurriel either as he is another guy who can't really play any position well. His bat might be pretty good, but not DH-level good.

Still I'd rather see this team of guys who might have some role in the team's future (plus Smoak, who is just a good hitter and deserves to be in the lineup).

No more Britos. No more Hansons.

Page 4458 of 4458 FirstFirst ... 34583958435844084448445644574458