• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

are we not concerned that even if they do get the top pick they will just go for a safe sign-ability guy over talent?
Yes, that is definitely what they'll do.

Likewise, whenever they sell off any of the marketable assets still left on this roster (Stroman? Sanchez?), it'll be in exchange for "safe", "MLB ready" players like Brandon Drury.

Either that, or they'll wait until the value of those players is at its lowest point and give them away for nothing.

matinee for the red sox home opener today.

our slugging 1B/DH combo today is......Alen Hanson and Lourdes Gurriel jr.

Maybe i'm not "old school" enough, but I find this type of baseball to be boring.
It's boring if you just apply them without care. So like if you bunt every time you put the lead runner on, it just becomes frustrating wasting rallies.

But if they work, and you do things a little off-book at times (for example, the Jays used a hit and run with a guy on second, a bunt was with 2 strikes, etc...) And most importantly, if you do it successfully, then it can be run to watch.

Same reason why I love watching a pitching duel between two aces, but hate watching a low scoring game between crappy teams or junkball-throwers.

Meh. Disagree. Give me the 3 run homerun anyway day of the week.

Would much rather have a Jose Bautista than a Bill McKinney. Esp. in the AL East in the Rogers Center.

Meh. Disagree. Give me the 3 run homerun anyway day of the week.

Would much rather have a Jose Bautista than a Bill McKinney. Esp. in the AL East in the Rogers Center.

Well, yeah, give me good players any day of the week. And if you have good hitters, then bunting is for suckers. No arguments there.

Back