• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT: The Toronto Blue Jays

Rob Longley

@longleysunsport
“We didn’t expect this. We thought we’d be in a better spot.” #Bluejays GM Ross Atkins in the team’s struggles.

4:56 PM - Jun 5, 2019

They thought a team with no good players would be good?

Atkins might be worse than I thought if he actually thinks this team is underperforming based on roster.

Jays rank in MLB attendance

19) 20th (20,741)
18) 13th
17) 5th
16) 3rd
15) 8th
14) 17th
13) 14th
12) 23rd....but MLB attendance overall was higher at the time, and 25,900 was our average.
11) 25th (22,445)

We're legitimately at what looks to be the beginning of the worst fan engagement period in Jays history. They're not even trying to be good for a few years apparently and the fans have already said **** it.

Baseball is having some huge attendance problems. Jays are no different. But yeah they’ve screwed the pooch. No clear rebuild strategy at all and being all smarmy and dishonest along with it.

Rob Longley

@longleysunsport
“We didn’t expect this. We thought we’d be in a better spot.” #Bluejays GM Ross Atkins in the team’s struggles.

4:56 PM - Jun 5, 2019

Filling in the blanks: "We didn't expect this *team to finish higher than dead last, let alone 4th in the Division*. We thought we'd be in a better *draft* spot."

Hence..the Teoscar-show in CF to try and steal some losses from the clutches of victory. Only way I can make sense of it.

What's bullshit about Atkins comments is that they seem legitimately trying to be this bad. So him saying he expected them to be better is complete bullshit, or else they just suck at putting teams together and should be fired now.

With that said --- Vladdy is must see TV. He's awesome.

What's bullshit about Atkins comments is that they seem legitimately trying to be this bad. So him saying he expected them to be better is complete bullshit, or else they just suck at putting teams together and should be fired now.

With that said --- Vladdy is must see TV. He's awesome.

Its amazing he is only 20 years old and already this good. And only getting better. He had a rough 10 game start to his career but since then he has been fantastic.

I don't understand that. Grichuk at least plays a passable CF, so you'd think keeping him there would make sense. Teoscar can barely play a corner OF. Heck, even trying out Biggio or Gurriel in CF makes more sense.

Teoscer, Drury, Gurriel and McKinney will be given 3478278121349 lives over the next two seasons. They are Shatkin's acquisitions. Biggio is one of their guys too, but he will be there on his own accord.

There is no reason to be shocked that a player tied to Shatkins is being given weird and abnormal chances.

Yeah, if you omit Vlad's first 11 games, he's got a 162 wRC+ with 7 hr (52 HR pace), 15 RBI (111 pace), .376 OBP, .996 OPS, .7 WAR (5.2 pace)...but only a .302 babip, so that shit is sustainable.

If you extrapolate that over the entire season, Vlad would rank 9th in wRC+ , T-4th in HR, 11th in OPS in all of baseball. Kid is a stud.

The only thing i can think of is they want to trade Teo and sell the notion that he can be an OF4 somewhere and that all teams want there OF4 to be able to play CF

vladdy's dinger yesterday was the first homer off of a britton slider under the zone....ever.

and he badizzled it.

There should be a YouTube channel that does nothing but post full videos of each of Vladdy's at-bats.

I'd watch the hell out of that, but damned if I'll waste my time this summer actually watching entire Jays games.

Back